Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

I just like how Scot stays right on top of stuff....like with  Josh Norman .... junior ...Bryan Stork (even if that didn't work out). Man lives football. Aside from injury his draft last year and this year have been more than good. When your old enough to remember Bobby Beathard you recognize Scot is the closest we've had since him.

2 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

I'm not on the fire Scot list....I said I liked the guy, but I think he's done a mediocre job overall......I just don't like the unconditional love for the guy.....I remember prior to the draft, just about everyone was saying how they did not want a WR in the first round.....after he drafts a Receiver, just about everyone convinced themselves it was a great move......EVERYONE knew we needed D-Line help, but all of a sudden we should trust Scot that this current group is good enough?

I hope I'm proven wrong...maybe Barry will scheme things up...maybe we'll force a bunch of turnovers.....maybe the offense will be so good it won't matter.

You definition of "unconditional love", though, is anyone who doesn't agree with you about the problems you see on this team..

I have no idea how the d-line or the RBs will do this year. I don't pretend to believe I have all the info GMSM or Gruden have. I haven't observed all the practices, watched all the film, talk to folks about these players, talked to and interacted with these players myself.

They have. I'll let them take care of that, and I'll wait an see how it unfolds.

You should try and relax and wait till you declare these areas a "failure". :) 

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

We should have been Superbowl contenders one season after finally making the playoffs following two years of winning 7 games total? You're either delusional or just going too far to make your point--it happens.

A big reason we only won 7 games the previous two years was QB play.....Had we upgraded the D-Line and Running game; we would be superbowl contenders...no doubt about it

2 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

This is one of the problems I have with the excuses for SM....fans are talking like we're still rebuilding...uh, no....We should have been superbowl contenders this year had we addressed the two key weaknesses....now; I can't see us anything more than a playoff contender

Chris Baker is going to dominate this year, he's our dominant d lineman. Hood I think will be a very solid starter in his own right. The rest look like good backups, hopefully Lanier is a diamond in the rough though.

I wanted either Leonard Williams or Vic Beasley in last year's draft. But I'm satisfied we got Scherff, I think he'll be a perinial pro bowler for years to come. Gotta have a dominant offensive line to protect Kirk and to open up holes in the running game, Chester just wasn't cutting it.

And SM has addressed the d line, he signed Paea after his 6 sack breakout performance last season, he got RJF, he signed Reyes this year and drafted Ioannidis as well as bringing in udfa Laneir. He brought in Jenkins and we may possibly still sign him after week 1. It seems GMSM is trying to upgrade the d line, some of his moves just haven't worked out quite as expected. Hopefully we draft a dominant d lineman next year and resign big Swag.

Also Smith and Kerrigan will be lining up as d lineman on plenty of occasions, and they're pretty darn good.

27 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

This is one of the problems I have with the excuses for SM....fans are talking like we're still rebuilding...uh, no....We should have been superbowl contenders this year had we addressed the two key weaknesses....now; I can't see us anything more than a playoff contender

You knew the secret formula to making us Super Bowl contenders this year? That's good, because we've been looking for it since 1991. Do tell. How would GM SP4L have done things differently this offseason?

5 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

You definition of "unconditional love", though, is anyone who doesn't agree with you about the problems you see on this team..

I have no idea how the d-line or the RBs will do this year. I don't pretend to believe I have all the info GMSM or Gruden have. I haven't observed all the practices, watched all the film, talk to folks about these players, talked to and interacted with these players myself.

They have. I'll let them take care of that, and I'll wait an see how it unfolds.

I'm willing to bet the vast majority agree with me in regards to the D-line.

But in general; this is a forum for fans to express their thoughts and opinions, is it not?    

Just now, SkinsPassion4Life said:

But in general; this is a forum for fans to express their thoughts and opinions, is it not?    

Well, whoop-de-do, you might be with the majority.

Will that "majority" speak up later if they are wrong about all their declarations? Probably not.

I didn't tell you not to give your opinions. I said you should relax. :) 

12 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Cooley and Doc Walker are not impressed with the D-Line....Cooley watches film and I respect Doc.

4 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Cooley and Doc Walker are not impressed with the D-Line....Cooley watches film and I respect Doc.

So let's put the cards on the table here. Who would you have acquired at DL? Who would you have passed on or cut in order to acquire them?

19 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

A big reason we only won 7 games the previous two years was QB play.....Had we upgraded the D-Line and Running game; we would be superbowl contenders...no doubt about it

I think most teams in the league that have good QB play nailed down would be SB contenders if they could just magically fix their two weakest position groups. Weak argument.

1 minute ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Cooley hasn't been impressed with much of anything GMSM has done since GMSM told him to take a hike when Cooley wanted to come back and play TE last season. Holding a grudge, is he? :) 

I haven't heard Walker, so I can't say anything about his take.

Just now, s0crates said:

So let's put the cards on the table here. Who would you have acquired at DL? Who would you have passed on or cut in order to acquire them?

This was the best D-Line draft in a while and he bypassed them....I like Doctson, Cravens and Fuller, but I don't believe they were that much better, if at all, that you bypass players that would have filled needs.       If you want specifics, I would have drafted Vernon Butler in the 1st round and Javon Hargrave in the 3rd.

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think most teams in the league that have good QB play nailed down would be SB contenders if they could just magically fix their two weakest position groups. Weak argument.

Actually, yes....most teams with good QB play that solidify their two biggest weaknesses would be contenders

D line was a weakness last year. I don't think it'll be a area of strength this year but hopefully it's marginally better. What's much better is our secondary and that will mask some deficiencies in the D line. A strong D line can mask a average to even bad secondary and a strong secondary can at least to a lesser extent do the same. With the maturity of Smith our outside backers are better too. If the D line itself is no better it's not for lack of trying

And as I said there's 8 other positions on D some of which have been vastly improved that affect how a D line plays too. Hell a high scoring Offense will affect how a D line plays when they can pin their ears back.

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I agree that our D-Line and Running Game were two of our primary weaknesses, but they aren't as high a priority as solidifying our a secondary and Passing offense.  That's today's NFL, and can see an emphasis on running game, d-line, and center next offseason.

Truth, even though I'm with you no liking the JAG situation at RB and DLine, that will interfere with us winning a championship, not regular season games or the division.  It's not fair to say he isn't being held accountable, there's a big picture going on here (like Doctson was about the possibility of losing DJax and Garcon, limiting the number of weapons for our future franchise QB).  I didn't like that pick at first, but I get it, I really do.

Forget it.  In his mind, Scot is the worst GM ever because he didn't pull the next Adrian Peterson and JJ Watt out of his ass.

5 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

This was the best D-Line draft in a while and he bypassed them....I like Doctson, Cravens and Fuller, but I don't believe they were that much better, if at all, that you bypass players that would have filled needs.       If you want specifics, I would have drafted Vernon Butler in the 1st round and Javon Hargrave in the 3rd.

What did you think about ashawn robinson and Chris jones?

1 minute ago, Blind Reckoning said:

D line was a weakness last year. I don't think it'll be a area of strength this year but hopefully it's marginally better. What's much better is our secondary and that will mask some deficiencies in the D line. A strong D line can mask a average to even bad secondary and a strong secondary can at least to a lesser extent do the same. With the maturity of Smith our outside backers are better too. If the D line itself is no better it's not for lack of trying

And as I said there's 8 other positions on D some of which have been vastly improved that affect how a D line plays too.

I'd feel much better if we had a really good D-Line and an average secondary than vice versa......everything starts with the O-Line and D-line....And I think that's what SM believes; which is why I'm baffled at what he didn't do.

1 minute ago, 98ORAKPO98 said:

What did you think about ashawn robinson and Chris jones?

I was not a fan of Robinson....Jones is the ultimate boom/bust player...I don't think I would have drafted either in the first two rounds.

30 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

That we're Super Bowl contenders if we have a good d-line?  Sure.

That all of that could be fixed, as well as the other holes, in 2 draft classes and 2 FA classes?  Absolutely not.

Keep in mind, we overachieved a little bit last year in a down division.

Careful... this is the type of unrealistic talk that gets people pissed off come January.  We aren't there yet.  If we're not next year, I'll be pissed with you.

Archived