Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

6 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Guaranteed money to Reyes 

If GMSM is keeping a player, it isn't because of ego.

If he was making decisions based on ego, what better way inflate that ego than to create a championship team?

Ego has little to do with Scott's personnel decisions.

For those of you concerned about the d-line... I get that it's not elite, but are you geniunely surprised that we're picking the best d-linemen that were available on our 75 or are you upset that we didn't do more.

Because it's really difficult to tell...

3 minutes ago, carex said:

We had Eric Williams, Tim Johnson and Markus Koch, until he got hurt then was replaced by Fred Stokes.  I think after that we signed Jason Buck.  Backups were Jumpy Geathers and Bobby Wilson.  I don't remember if we kept Darryl Grant around that year or if he was cut in camp

No Daryl Grant.

4 minutes ago, Tazhog said:

without looking it up... jason buck de, tim johnson dt, eric williams dt and mann???

Actually, I believe Marcus Koch was one of our starting DEs.

I'm trying to do this without looking it up. :) 

3 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I'm not unhappy with it.

You simply aren't going to have pro bowlers at every position.

I bet many fans don't remember who our starting defensive line was in 1991 when the Redskins won the Super Bowl without having to go look it up (outside of Mann, anyway).

What is it about them that concerns you? (and I would like specifics if you please, not just "They suck!"). :) 

You cannot be serious.....if Vinny or Bruce put this D-Line together, you and everyone else would be ripping them

Golston and Reyes should not be on the roster...Lanier should be on the PS......Hood and Ricky Jean should be backups.....we are short two starters.

Nobody is saying we need pro bowlers there, but we do need starters.

The problem with having such a weak line is that it will have an effect on the entire defense....Barry will have to scheme it up...I don't think he's good enough to mask the weaknesses

1 minute ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

You cannot be serious.....if Vinny or Bruce put this D-Line together, you and everyone else would be ripping them

Golston and Reyes should not be on the roster...Lanier should be on the PS......Hood and Ricky Jean should be backups.....we are short two starters.

The problem with having such a weak line is that it will have an effect on the entire defense....Barry will have to scheme it up...I don't think he's good enough to mask the weaknesses

Always easy to criticize moves that happen or don't. You can only do with your opportunities.

Now, last year Barry was pretty good in fielding a decent defense, especially against the pass considering by the end of the season we were down our 6th or 7th stringer... He even had to play a guy they signed 2 days before the playoff coming in Cary Williams. That should tell you something about the guy.

Random thoughts about the news today:

I'm happy Everett and Kelley made it.

I'm hoping Thompson, Thorpe, Brown, and Ionaidis clear waivers and make the practice squad.

I think Paulsen will probably catch on somewhere. He has a decent body of work, we're just stacked at that position.

2 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

First off, I wouldn't go round ripping anybody, because I don't have the football knowledge others have.

If I did, Scott being the GM wouldn't stop me from criticizing the choices. Since I don't, however, I won't criticize his.

You still didn't give me any specifics, just complaints. Why does Golston and Reyes not belong on this team? Why should Lanier be on the PS? Why should Hood be a back-up?

As Mr. Spock once said "Specifics, doctor. Labels don't make arguments". :) 

As a whole, I'm a bit sorry to see Paulsen gone. Guy was getting the job done. But we're improving, so it's time to let him go. I wish he can find another team quite soon, he deserves it.

Pretty pleased to watch that Kerridge and Jensen are still on the team. Probably not for long, but that's cool for them. Quite surprised to see that there was no surprise in the WR dept. I was pretty sure either Ross/Grant, maybe both would not make it.

And damn, I'm so glad to watch Reiter makes it! He'll probably start at C by the end of the season if Long doesn't deliver :) Really please for that guy :)

7 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

I agree. But I don't mind Lanier making. Cooley has said all pre-season that Reyes has done absolutely nothing. But predicted he would make the team because we signed him early on.

5 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

yeah I wish more was done, but Reyes does have history as a starter.  And Barry schemed it up last year. Knighton and Paea didn't do much

6 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

No Daryl Grant.

Actually, I believe Marcus Koch was one of our starting DEs.

I'm trying to do this without looking it up. :) 

5 minutes ago, Tazhog said:

Fred Stokes de was also in rotation, i believe

Koch was a starter until he suffered a career ending knee injury five or six weeks in, Stokes was a pass rush guy until Koch went down

Seems like this is the 53 man roster....as of now...

QB - Cousins, Colt, Sudfeld

RB - Jones, Thompson, Kelley

WR - DeSean, Garcon, Crowder, Doctson, Grant, Ross

TE - Reed, Davis, Paul

OL - Williams, Lavauo, Long, Steiger, Scherff, Moses, Nsekhe, Reiter, Kouandjo

DL -  Baker, Hood, Reyes, RJF, Golston, Lanier

LB - Kerrigan, Smith, Compton, Foster, Murphy, Bates, Cravens, Garvin, Spaight

S -   Hall, Blackmon, Bruton, Duke, Everett

CB - Norman, Breeland, Fuller, Phillips, Toler, Dunbar

ST -  Hopkins, Way, Sundberg

Just now, crabbypatty said:

He's got a legit point.

Nobody other than Baker could be considered a starter.. bunch of backups starting is not ideal.

Back-ups is your opinion though, not a fact.

Apparently, GMSM and Coach Gruden don't agree with you.

Now, who should I listen to? GMSM or some random internet guy? ;) 

18 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I'm not unhappy with it.

You simply aren't going to have pro bowlers at every position.

I bet many fans don't remember who our starting defensive line was in 1991 when the Redskins won the Super Bowl without having to go look it up (outside of Mann, anyway).

What is it about them that concerns you? (and I would like specifics if you please, not just "They suck!"). :) 

I could tell you. Jumpy Geathers, Tim Johnson, Fred Stokes, to name a few.

Those guys were studs, Tim Johnson especially, tho i think he was hurt that year. Point being, those guys were legit starters.. not pro bowlers but they would have started on a number of teams.

Our guys are all career backups.. hardly inspiring. And while you're not gonna have pro bowlers at every position, you at least need starters.

2 minutes ago, carex said:

yeah I wish more was done, but Reyes does have history as a starter.  And Barry schemed it up last year. Knighton and Paea didn't do much

Koch was a starter until he suffered a career ending knee injury five or six weeks in, Stokes was a pass rush guy until Koch went down

pro-football-reference.com has the 91 starting dline as: DE: Charles Mann, Fred Stokes, DT: Eric Williams, Tim Johnson

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

Back-ups is your opinion though, not a fact.

Apparently, GMSM and Coach Gruden don't agree with you.

Now, who should I listen to? GMSM or some random internet guy? ;) 

How dare you call me a "random internet guy"?  haha

But seriously, did you think they needed to upgrade the D-Line during the off-season?    I think ever Skins fan thought so....everyone thought so.

2 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

I could tell you. Jumpy Geathers, Tim Johnson, Fred Stokes, to name a few.

Those guys were studs, Tim Johnson especially, tho i think he was hurt that year. Point being, those guys were legit starters.. not pro bowlers but they would have started on a number of teams.

Our guys are all career backups.. hardly inspiring. And while you're not gonna have pro bowlers at every position, you at least need starters.

Actually, a bunch of them were B's. They were good, but none of them (with exception of Mann) were probowlers. They were just solid starters and effective in Pettibone's scheme. Tim Johnson fell off of a cliff really quick. Stokes and Geathers were not that great. Geathers was a back up, but was probably the strongest guy on the team and one of the strongest in the league.

1 minute ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

How dare you call me a "random internet guy"?  haha

But seriously, did you think they needed to upgrade the D-Line during the off-season?    I think ever Skins fan thought so....everyone thought so.

Definitely agree.  I mean lets face it, Joe Barry did a marvelous job with our Dline last year with the talent we had.  We lost Jason Hatcher (who didnt have a bad year), Terrance Knighton (who was meh), and added Reyes who IMO hasnt shown anything this preseason.  Reyes is a Barry guy tho from SD so maybe Barry knows he will come around.

Archived