Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

17 minutes ago, carex said:

Koch was a starter until he suffered a career ending knee injury five or six weeks in, Stokes was a pass rush guy until Koch went down

Yeah, I knew Koch started at some time in 1991.

The funny thing is, I believe Koch was the player that quit during the offseason and went to work in construction. The Redskins had to talk him into coming back.

My point to the other poster was, outside of Mann, most of these guys are not remembered that well. They are a fairly anonymous group. Yet, not only did they win a Super Bowl, they are considered one of the greatest teams ever put together.

This team, as well, can win, with a line that is filled with players that are not household names. Will it be one of the top lines in the NFL? Probably not, but I believe GMSM will get it there eventually. :) 

8 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Seems like this is the 53 man roster....as of now...

QB - Cousins, Colt, Sudfeld

RB - Jones, Thompson, Kelley

WR - DeSean, Garcon, Crowder, Doctson, Grant, Ross

TE - Reed, Davis, Paul

OL - Williams, Lavauo, Long, Steiger, Scherff, Moses, Nsekhe, Reiter, Kouandjo

DL -  Baker, Hood, Reyes, RJF, Golston, Lanier

LB - Kerrigan, Smith, Compton, Foster, Murphy, Bates, Cravens, Garvin, Spaight

S -   Hall, Blackmon, Bruton, Duke, Everett

CB - Norman, Breeland, Fuller, Phillips, Toler, Dunbar

ST -  Hopkins, Way, Sundberg

So this is the 53...for now.  Still don't think Sudfeld was really worth a spot, but the rest seems about right. I'd imagine a guy like Bates could be on thin ice if they can find better options on the waiver wire. A bit too many DBs, but there's talent there. Could see a WR dumped once Doctson is healthy (though by then some injuries will likely open up a spot or two)

7 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

How dare you call me a "random internet guy"?  haha

But seriously, did you think they needed to upgrade the D-Line during the off-season?    I think ever Skins fan thought so....everyone thought so.

I think that GMSM is always looking to upgrade the team. You always want to get better, but there is only so much you can do in an offseason.

This team seems to have made great strides since he has taken the reigns. It's not there yet, but it is getting there.

11 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Seems like this is the 53 man roster....as of now...

QB - Cousins, Colt, Sudfeld

RB - Jones, Thompson, Kelley

WR - DeSean, Garcon, Crowder, Doctson, Grant, Ross

TE - Reed, Davis, Paul

OL - Williams, Lavauo, Long, Steiger, Scherff, Moses, Nsekhe, Reiter, Kouandjo

DL -  Baker, Hood, Reyes, RJF, Golston, Lanier

LB - Kerrigan, Smith, Compton, Foster, Murphy, Bates, Cravens, Garvin, Spaight

S -   Hall, Blackmon, Bruton, Duke, Everett

CB - Norman, Breeland, Fuller, Phillips, Toler, Dunbar

ST -  Hopkins, Way, Sundberg

There's room for about 5 changes to this roster if the right players become available.....

Sudfeld, Ross, Reiter or Kouandjo, Lanier, Golston or Reyes, Bates, Dunbar or Toler

10 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

I could tell you. Jumpy Geathers, Tim Johnson, Fred Stokes, to name a few.

Those guys were studs, Tim Johnson especially, tho i think he was hurt that year. Point being, those guys were legit starters.. not pro bowlers but they would have started on a number of teams.

Our guys are all career backups.. hardly inspiring. And while you're not gonna have pro bowlers at every position, you at least need starters.

Actually, outside of Mann, none of those guys could be classified as "studs".

They were good, solid players. Well trained, and did great by playing as a unit.

Nothing says that these players this season can't achieve success together as a unit.

8 minutes ago, carex said:

I'm only counting 21 on the thread title.  Are we actually carrying 7 CBs, with both Carrington and Dunbar making the team?

I thought Carrington was cut?

Insert Happy Gilmore-esque tirade. I'm so pissed because it's the Eagles. But let's set that aside for the moment. How the **** does Bradford continue to garner ANYTHING in this league? He's a ****ing worthless turd with about a 30% winning record who continues to get paid tens of millions of dollars when he's a dog**** backup QB. I wouldn't trade more than a 4th for him. To see one of our rivals, who wasn't going anywhere this year anyway, garner a 1st AND a fourth for him. This **** is simply ridiculous? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. Please tell me I'm not the only one who cannot wrap his mind around Bradford being only a notch better than Sanchez, being as fragile as glass, and yet he still has well over $100M in guarantees only throughout his career (and no, that's not nearly ALL from his rookie contract before the new wage scale, he's had at least another contract since then) and has THAT kind of trade value. GTFO. I'm gonna go Gus Frerotte a wall now. WTF.

2 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Secondary wont matter unless the fat boys perform in the trenches... A sub par Dline will make the back end look very mediocre if you can't get the QB with pressures 

Yeah, but we also have some great pass rushers in Kerrigan and P. Smith. We just gonna need some others to step up. Hopefully we can acquire another solid DL/LB before the season starts. We can be better, but I have confidence in our D going to this season. 

Just now, moondog said:

Insert Happy Gilmore-esque tirade. I'm so pissed because it's the Eagles. But let's set that aside for the moment. How the **** does Bradford continue to garner ANYTHING in this league? He's a ****ing worthless turd with about a 30% winning record who continues to get paid tens of millions of dollars when he's a dog**** backup QB. I wouldn't trade more than a 4th for him. To see one of our rivals, who wasn't going anywhere this year anyway, garner a 1st AND a fourth for him. This **** is simply ridiculous? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. Please tell me I'm not the only one who cannot wrap his mind around Bradford being only a notch better than Sanchez, being as fragile as glass, and yet he still has well over $100M in guarantees only throughout his career (and no, that's not nearly ALL from his rookie contract before the new wage scale, he's had at least another contract since then) and has THAT kind of trade value. GTFO. I'm gonna go Gus Frerotte a wall now. WTF.

You're not. Bradford's combo of injury, performance, and cap hit are outrageous especially for a one year rental (assuming they want Bridgewater to retake the reins next year) Frankly, I think Bradford is a sub par back up at this point in his career.

20 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Hood and Ricky Jean should be backups.....we are short two starters.

Nobody is saying we need pro bowlers there, but we do need starters.

The problem with having such a weak line is that it will have an effect on the entire defense....Barry will have to scheme it up...I don't think he's good enough to mask the weaknesses

As a whole, I am thrilled where we are heading into 2016 than where we have been for a long time.  We finally have a real front office led by GMSM that gives the fan base confidence in the direction our team is heading.

Having said that (Larry David reference), I am concerned about our DL and I believe quote above sums up my feelings.  We don't need pro bowlers but I'm less confident in Joe Barry coming up with a game day scheme that minimizes our DL weakness and put our DEF in a position to succeed. With a few more quality starters on the DL I would feel more confident in Joe.  But, I will be cheering these guys on and hope they exceed my expectations.

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is our team yet, but we are getting there!

Looking at the current batch of D-line players on the Skins current active roster, I can't help but think the Skins are considering some kind of waiver-wire acquisition.

Perhaps Reyes may eventually pan out, but until he does -- the Skins current DT/NT group seems like it could become the 'Achilles Heel' of Joe Barry's defense.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

You know the strongest man in America is vegan, right?

I'm not Dan Steinberg, either. :ols:

One of my Soldiers is a vegan, he's got zero endurance.  Pretty strong, though.

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I'm counting 54 players in the OP.

Precisely why I said I'm missing one.

4 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Looking at the current batch of D-line players on the Skins current active roster, I can't help but think the Skins are considering some kind of waiver-wire acquisition.

Perhaps Reyes may eventually pan out, but until he does -- the Skins current DT/NT group seems like it could become the 'Achilles Heel' of Joe Barry's defense.

don't forget, in a lot of situations we're only going to have two DL on the field

Archived