Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

3 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Source says Cullen Jenkins has been cut.

That's a surprise. Then again I was surprised we signed him in the first place.

Just now, DC9 said:

Hearing Anthony Lanier has made the team. Needs some developing, but has big upside.

YEAH!

I'm guessing they decided to keep Lanier over Jenkins. If so I love that - keep the young guy who you can develop and be a part of your future.

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

That's a surprise. Then again I was surprised we signed him in the first place.

Thought he was the perfect 2 down pick up.  You HAVE to think we have something working...

Source says Houston Bates has at least made the initial 53-man roster. Will be interesting to see if the Skins can claim an OLB on waivers.

7 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Some of these guys making the 53 man roster is temporary, I think

This is the NFL, everything is temporary :)

You make a good point though the bottom 2 or 3 players on the 53 should not be unpacking just yet - we will be looking at other teams cuts and there could be changes earlier next week if we put any claims in on younger players then again after week 1 for veterans we might want to sign without guaranteeing salaries by them being on the week 1 roster.

I think there's a decent chance Jenkins gets brought back after Week 1. Remember that veteran salaries are fully guaranteed for the year if they're on the Week 1 roster. So a lot of teams cut fringe veterans and then re-sign them later. That's basically how the team got Will Blackmon last year. Jenkins might be useful, but they probably don't want to guarantee his salary either if they later decide to cut him.

Archived