Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

FYI, I asked Keim about the Lanier tweets and if he was safe.  Here's his answer:

@DC9AdamW no undrafted rooks are safe until they hit the field Wednesday. He has a shot to make it. But safe? Not yet

2 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

No love for Aaron Murray? I'd be much happier with him as a backup then Sunfeld

Nah, Sudfeld has that size.  Plus Murray just never came to fruition with a ton of talent around him.  Sudfeld is more of a developmental w/ McCoy a backup.

When you're talking "developmental," that's when you go with measurables.

12 minutes ago, HtownRocks111 said:

I'd put money that give Bill Calahan 3 weeks with Cyril RIchardson and he would be performing on par with Luavo or Long.

Did he even play last year?  The first stat sheet I came to said he played in 12 games and started 4 his rookie year but nothing last year.

9 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Did he even play last year?  The first stat sheet I came to said he played in 12 games and started 4 his rookie year but nothing last year.

Don't think so.  Think he had to play due to injury his rookie season and stunk it up pretty bad.  Could be wrong though, I'm wrong a lot.

Pulling for Lanier, I'm just not sure he did enough to unseat someone like Reyes.  I think Barry's familiarity with Reyes wins out here, and sends Lanier to the PS.   

16 minutes ago, mossomo said:

I know you think you're being cute - but please keep your politics out of the Stadium. There's places to talk politics and this forum is not that place.  Thank you.

I agree with you, politics chatter should always go on in the Tailgate, but I think Trump's tweets have become synonymous with "attention whoring", regardless of the content, and that that's what he meant in this context. More like click bait, or what we call 'hot takes'. Probably still not Stadium appropriate, but less political and more pop culture-y.

1 hour ago, Gregpeck99 said:

Not trolling ... just expressing "my" opinion.

I wanted to see:  Jones, Kelley, Brown and Sankey to go with Kirk's "air force."

Serious - You can't just let it go.  You keep droning on and on.  Maybe Conn should just qualify all his posts w/ trigger warnings until the MODs certify this forum as a safe space for special snowflakes.  My mom once told me, "to man up, son."  Maybe it's my generation or genitalia but we didn't take offense in being called baffling.   

• Cut Hall - you
  • Why?  That's baffling. - random poster
  • So are most of his posts, going back years. Just roll with it. - ConnSKINS26
  • What's up with the personal attack stuff? - your reply to Conn
  •  

Get over it. This is silly.  No one personally attacked you.  Conn stood up for you actually, and simply stated that's your shtick.  Let's move on.  The  board is ridiculous today.  :kiss-smileys:

6 minutes ago, Veretax said:

Honestly, what difference does it make if we keep sudfeld vs let him go to the Practice Squad?  He's clearly rough around the edges, and in need of work, I like him, but he's not polished enough to need just yet.

The only distinction that matters is that we must waive him and open him to claims from other teams if we want him on the PS--I don't think it's a problem but some do.

1 hour ago, SemperFi Skins said:

It was a failed experiment at DT. Fisher said it himself. He also said he would like to keep Coples but it was a numbers game with the talent in front of him but would welcome him back during season. (Rams have the best Dline in the league)

I'd put him at DE in our hybrid defense

I agree, but I don't see someone who already had issues getting to the QB being a great option as a "rush DE" when he just packed on weight to try and play DT.  

2 hours ago, DC9 said:

Better be safe, bro... we've got dudes in here cutting DeAngelo Hall.

Edit..

Fair enough - I believe I also saw someone suggest we put Doctson at KR! I realize people have a right to their opinion but I have to say that's the biggest head scratcher I have seen in here for a very long time, even more than cutting Hall.

3 hours ago, sjinhan said:

Hahah am there are many other things on his list hat doesn't make sense...

Cut Colt and keep Sudfield?

cut the center who just took a pay cut to stay?

keep Murphy who hadn't shown anything??? 

I've come to learn in life that people like to predict unlikely things so that they can say they "knew it" when it happens and act as if it was an obvious decision.  Of course if it doesn't happen, everyone forgets and it doesn't matter.  

5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Fair enough - I believe I also saw someone suggest we put Doctson at KR! I realize people have a right to their opinion but I have to say that's the biggest head scratcher I have seen in here for a very long time, even more than cutting Hall.

Yeah, literally the most dangerous position on the team for your 1st round pick coming off an injury :ols:

11 minutes ago, DC9 said:

FWIW: Redskins often cut a few players the day before final cuts, but was told earlier today nothing until Saturday. Stay tuned.

The Redskins usually cut about half the day before the deadline, and the rest the day of the deadline.

Waiting till Saturday to make all cuts might mean they are having a tough time with some of these decisions.

27 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I agree with you, always on the politics in the Tailgate, but I think Trump's tweets have become synonymous with "attention whoring", regardless of the content, and that that's what he meant in this context. More like click bait, or what we call 'hot takes'. Probably still not Stadium appropriate, but less political and more pop culture-y.

Pop culture-y  Maybe true.  However, myself and people like minded think Obama is synonymous with failure and racism.  I can be cute and drop pop culture-y quotes about Colin Kaepernick having an Obama moment not saluting the flag.  Or that Dallas will fail this season like Obama has these last eight. 

But yeah - Something tells me that wont play well and is a good way to derail a thread.  I don't think that's a door we want opened.

Let's keep this about football. And not political digs.    

Going back to lurker status.  Last word from me today.  Peace my forum friends.

17 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I agree with you, politics chatter should always go on in the Tailgate, but I think Trump's tweets have become synonymous with "attention whoring", regardless of the content, and that that's what he meant in this context. More like click bait, or what we call 'hot takes'. Probably still not Stadium appropriate, but less political and more pop culture-y.

Any reason to not see the word trump is a good one. :806:

I love how everyone is all "wahhhh no politics!!!" Then follows it up with some political joke examples. Like they are not passively aggressively doing the same thing.

anywho! I hope we keep fat rob and Mack. I honestly am not sold on jones just like many of you and call me crazy but I would almost cut him over some of the guys we could potentially lose. Like deshazier, Lanier, Ross, sudfield etc... 

8 minutes ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

anywho! I hope we keep fat rob and Mack. I honestly am not sold on jones just like many of you and call me crazy but I would almost cut him over some of the guys we could potentially lose. Like deshazier, Lanier, Ross, sudfield etc... 

Crazy.

lol

I don't know what to think of Jones yet.  Typically RBs show up right away, but I just have a feeling he hasn't put it all together yet.  I think a better interior line will help him out.

25 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

"Keenan Reynolds got cut today. We should sign him because he has QB experience and is an up and coming wide receiver and returner, so we can cut Sudfeld and Ross in order to keep Everett and Lanier."

Reynolds was Heisman semifinalist... Sudfeld wasn't.

I like where this is going.

Plus Reynolds ran the double wing veer at Navy, so no one knows just how good a QB he really is.

Archived