Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

Just now, Gregpeck99 said:

Pontiifcation is not substantive comment.

I don't believe there is anything in the rules regarding pontificating. Just drop it--you post lots of off the wall stuff, I commented on that fact. No need to derail any further.

48 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

QB- cousins McCoy 

RB- Jones, CT, Kelley 

TE- Reed, Davis, Paul, Paulson 

OT- Trent, Moses, Ty, cofeld

OG- Lavaou, Scherff

C- Long, Litch, Ribs

WR- DJax, Garcon, Jamo, Doc, Grant, Ross

DL- Baker, RJF, Golston, Jenkins, Reyes, Powe, Ionidias

OLB- Ryan, Smith, Murphy, Bates

ILB- Compton, Foster, Spaight, Cravens, Garvin

CB- Bash, Norman, Phillip, Fuller, Toler

S- Hall, Blackmon, Duke, Bruton, Everett 

+3

PS- Studfeld, Kedridge, Mack, Thorpe, painter, lanier, Dunbar (if possible), ?

I think keeping Paulsen allows us to cut Cofield and keep Ty as the Swing Tackle. I also have no doubt that If we somehow lost two tackles in a game that Scherff could play RT quite well.

I would be hugely disappointed if we kept either Powe or Reyes over Hood 

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I didn't mean to quote you. I don't know how to delete it.

I'd jump all over Lawson. Situational pass rusher? Absolutely!

Have to wonder why the Bills are cutting him, though.  Probably keeping Zo over him, too.  Who is less talented but probably a harder worker.

2 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Wasn't Lawson oft injured or had off the field shenanigans?

Would have to be something like that.  I know he's been hurt a bit. Wouldn't need him to start here, just as a rotation guy.  If it was a money thing I'd kick the tires, but if he's an ass hat no thanks.

8 minutes ago, DC9 said:

When it's productive.  Saying the projected starting safety is getting cut is not productive.

I hear your opinion ... but IMO Hall is too old, too expensive and too into himself ... invariably hurts the team with his ego-centric behavior leading to bad decision(s) on the field.  Besides, he is still learning to make adjustment and play the new position.

Rather go with Blackmon who can play both positions well(er) and use DHall slot to keep Everett.

Here is my take:

QB- Cousins, Sudfeld 

RB- Jones, Kelley, Brown, (Vet-tbd) 

WR- DJax, Garcon, Crowder, JDoc, Grant, Ross

TE- Reed, Davis, Paul, Paulson

OT- Trent, Moses, Nseke, Painter

OG- Lavaou, Scherff, Komanjo

C- Long, (Vet-Tbd)

DL- Baker, RJF, Golston, Jenkins, Reyes, Lanier

OLB- Kerrigan, Smith, Murphy, (vet-tbd)

ILB- Compton, Foster, Spaight, Cravens, Garvin

CB- Breeland, Norman, Phillips, Fuller, Toler

S- Dunbar, Blackmon, Duke, Bruton, Everett 

+3

PS- Thorpe, Harris, Williams, Issatati, Kerridge, Crawford, Trail, Matias-Smith, Fields, Wakefield

Just now, Gregpeck99 said:

I hear your opinion ... but IMO Hall is too old, too expensive and too into himself ... invariably hurts the team with his ego-centric behavior leading to bad decision(s) on the field.  Besides, he is still learning to make adjustment and play the new position.

Rather go with Blackmon who can play both positions well(er) and use DHall slot to keep Everett.

This doesn't really make a ton of sense.

2 minutes ago, Gregpeck99 said:

Will Blackmon is 31

DeAngelo Hall is 32

Would you like me to continue?  I'm off today and I'm in a good mood, so we can go as long as you'd like... but I want to give you an out cause I'm playing FIFA and watching twitter while keeping this thread updated.

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

This doesn't really make a ton of sense.

Hahah am there are many other things on his list hat doesn't make sense...

Cut Colt and keep Sudfield?

cut the center who just took a pay cut to stay?

keep Murphy who hadn't shown anything??? 

Just now, sjinhan said:

Hahah am there are many other things on his list hat doesn't make sense...

Cut Colt and keep Sudfield?

cut the center who just took a pay cut to stay?

keep Murphy who hadn't shown anything??? 

You're wrong about Murphy, but that's a pretty popular opinion.

31 minutes ago, Gregpeck99 said:

Just be more tolerable.  Diversity is good!

There is nothing intolerant about having an opinion about someone else's opinions, in this case. There are objectively good, bad, weird, off-topic, off the wall, etc. descriptors for posts. I would think you'd be aware that you pitch some off the wall ideas in your posts quite often.

Just now, jschuck12001 said:

Anybody have any thoughts as to why we restructured Korey, makes me think we're working on a deal with a free agent.

Been injured, is injured.  Not able to produce if he can't get healthy like he should, IE he's not worth the deal.  We fell comfortable cutting him, but like having him around for depth.  That's it really.

1 minute ago, jschuck12001 said:

Anybody have any thoughts as to why we restructured Korey, makes me think we're working on a deal with a free agent.

I have a couple guesses.

1)  He was making starter money and restructured for back up money, which is the most likely

2)  We did that just to have our options open just in case Seattle or the Vikings end up cutting their backups.

I don't think a trade is likely for a backup, especially a linemen, but Kyle hasn't met a former Redskins linemen he doesn't like down in Atlanta.

3 hours ago, Gregpeck99 said:

I'd like to see a "surprise shock cut" ... keep Everett and cut DHall.

Now I'm 100% convinced that you are a troll account.

Anyway, do we think it's going to be Jones, Thompson, R-Kelley and another team's cut RB?  At this point, I don't care about a veteran RB, just keep Mack Brown on the squad.

Archived