Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

Just now, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Watching Kory get bulldozed into the backfield doesn't do it for you?  :)

He's the one weak link on the team imo.

I think the D line rotation will be solid and Jones and fat Rob will be more than adequate. My name isn't miss Cleo (rip) but I can see a Lombardi added to the Redskins trophy case come 2017. :)

1 minute ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

If they don't get a Center, I'm hoping Long starts there and Lavauo at LG

That sounds like a good plan.

I saw that the Bills signed ex Seahawks center Patrick Lewis, but former Viking centerJohn Sullivan is still available. Hopefully more will become available either through being released, or by being available by trade come this weekend.

Center is an issue, but the D-Line is by far the biggest problem, IMO....we have a bunch of backups...Baker is the only starter, but he's up and down....relying on guys like Jenkins and Golston is not going to work....disappointed in Iaonnidis...reminds me of Chris Neild...RJF is a solid backup...I'm not sure Hood is a starting caliber player.

I'm confident there will be D-Line released that are better than what we have

16 minutes ago, DC9 said:

This is so delicious:

Source: Washington G Kory Lichtensteiger has taken a paycut from $3.5M to $2.25M for 2016. He can earn the $1.25M back in incentives.

That's interesting considering we really don't need the cap space this year. Nice to see an actual paycut instead of a "converted signing bonus". Scot seems to be content letting the cap space grow. We have a lot of room to extend players in season and then roll over to 2017.

6 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Hmmmm...ask Jurgen :)

I'm asking you.  You said we could get more for Dunbar than Toler?  When in all likelihood, Toler, who is a vet, would be the only one that we probably could trade to a team like Arizona... who is deep at running back.

Why would anyone trade for a project player whose got one year at the position under their belt? Especially if you're trying to win now?

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Maybe Litch is on the block.

Come on Kyle!  That's perfect backup money!

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Maybe Litch is on the block.

A block of what? Swiss?

Nah, it was probably take this pay cut and take an incentive-laden deal, or just get cut outright.

I like how GMSM does things. Basically telling Lich if you want that money, you will have to play like you want it.

Glad I'm off today.  Listening to 980 doing "Dork" roster talk.  Pretty entertaining.

Cooley has Mack Brown making the PS, too.  Not that I take him as the gospel, but he said the same thing I did.  No one is going to look at that 4th preseason game and make a 53 man decision based off a performance in that.

Glad I'm off today.  Listening to 980 doing "Dork" roster talk.  Pretty entertaining.

Cooley has Mack Brown making the PS, too.  Not that I take him as the gospel, but he said the same thing I did.  No one is going to look at that 4th preseason game and make a 53 man decision based off a performance in that.

6 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

CSN just put up an article about Lich taking a pay cut here:

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/report-redskins-lichtensteiger-takes-pay-cut-adds-incentives

Go read the article and see how far they say the Redskins are under the cap. Obvious typo, but still hilarious. :ols:

I haven't kept track of the cap, but it's been rule of 51 all summer.  However, that will expire tomorrow evening when the 53 is due.

7 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I haven't kept track of the cap, but it's been rule of 51 all summer.  However, that will expire tomorrow evening when the 53 is due.

Oh, I was just laughing at the typo in the article here (in bold):

Depending on just what the incentives are, Lichtensteiger’s cap number could go down. If they are considered likely to be earned, his cap hit will remain at $3.8 million. If they are unlikely to be earned it will drop to around $2.55 million.

Clearly, this renegotiation was not about the salary cap. The Redskins are around 415 million under the cap so they had no need to create room to get through the season. The cut reflects the fact that there have been at least two attempts this offseason to try to upgrade the center position.

3 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I'd rather take a flyer on Quinton Coples than Trent Murphy at this point

Man, that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.  He was supposed to be the next Julius Peppers.

What's he been up to?

10 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Oh, I was just laughing at the typo in the article here (in bold):

Ohhhhh :ols:

If that were the case... I'd have a list of demands lol

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

I'm asking you.  You said we could get more for Dunbar than Toler?  When in all likelihood, Toler, who is a vet, would be the only one that we probably could trade to a team like Arizona... who is deep at running back.

Why would anyone trade for a project player whose got one year at the position under their belt? Especially if you're trying to win now?

Come on Kyle!  That's perfect backup money!

If I can get more for Toler, I'd trade him......Dunbar is younger...has more upside....is signed for beyond this year....plus Toler has been injury prone....I'm guessing Dunbar would have more trade value.

4 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

I'm guessing Dunbar would have more trade value.

You haven't said why.  You've said "because he's younger" but is that something that makes a player tradable? 

What does he offer that the 200 or so DBs that are about to be FAs tomorrow don't offer? 

Toler offers a proven comodity whose played well and he offers experience.  That is the type of things teams will trade for.  Not because someone is young and promising.

That said, I think we do and should keep both.  The only way I see Toler getting traded is if Arizona offers Ellington in a trade.  Not even sure the cap would line up for that move, but I'd probably pull that trigger.

54 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Man, that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.  He was supposed to be the next Julius Peppers.

What's he been up to?

Had a good preseason with Rams, Jeff Fisher released him so he could find a job quickly because it was a numbers game. They moved him to DT, which was not his strong suit and he still had a sack and 2 FF. He would never crack the Rams Dline, they are one of the best in the league. Jeff Fished did say he would welcome him back.

Here's what I'm really running

How many DL do we keep?

How many LBs

How many DBacks

How many OL?

Without taking 3 QB, I ended up with 9 DL but one of them was Trent Murphy I think.  7 LBs but that doesn't include Cravens.   11 DBacks but 1 of them was Cravens hrms...

I came out with about 9 OL.. 6 WR (If dotson isn't pupped)
3 RB, 3 TE

Spread looks funny though

Defense: 27

Offeense: 23

Special Teams: 3:

:/

3 minutes ago, DC9 said:

You haven't said why.  You've said "because he's younger" but is that something that makes a player tradable? 

What does he offer that the 200 or so DBs that are about to be FAs tomorrow don't offer? 

Toler offers a proven comodity whose played well and he offers experience.  That is the type of things teams will trade for.  Not because someone is young and promising.

That said, I think we do and should keep both.  The only way I see Toler getting traded is if Arizona offers Ellington in a trade.  Not even sure the cap would line up for that move, but I'd probably pull that trigger.

Dunbar is a 6"2' CB...how many of those will be out there?    he showed ability last year...he's raw...no doubt.....you're obsessed with Arizona....there are 30 other teams.

Archived