Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

40 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

When you have a backup QB who some call a top backup QB in this league you don't keep a third QB on the active roster generally. 

Cousins is 28 years old

McCoy is 29 years old

These aren't guys set to retire anytime soon and I don't think that Sufeld looked bad in preseason but is he worth a roster spot on the 53 as a developmental guy? No not to me.  I doubt anyone picked him off our practice squad I just don't think he is ready to be a teams primary backup QB in this league yet. So keeping him on the 53 doesn't make sense imo

The thing you have to ask yourself is he good enough to make another teams 53?  Cause that's where he goes if he's cut, at least initially.  I don't think he is, but some other GM or coach who knows more than I do, may.

But with as much time as they are spending with him, I don't think they chance it.

1 minute ago, Reaper Skins said:

With Bridgewater going down I'd expect more QB depth chart shuffling to happen throughout the league.  Could make Sudfeld a higher commodity than normal circumstances would warrant.

I think the Vikings would empty the vet QB roladex before they came for Sudfeld.  Like a Mike Vick would be a good pull for Minnesota right now.  But Sudfeld?  If they don't think Bridgewater, who is an average game manager at best, is coming back they'd probably ride with a vet for the season and then go again in the draft next year.  I just don't see how Sudfeld helps them this year or next year.

I could be wrong though. 

The first thing the Vikes did upon the injury was to re-sign the scrub QB they had just cut. Because he knew their offense. Because that's what teams care about in September when you're talking about questionable talents.

Sudfeld would be safe making his way to the PS, I think.

5 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Could this finally be the year we see Golston get cut? With Ionnidis showing some ability possibly....what the hell am I talking about? Golston still has 4 of his 9 lives left. 

Kedric is the new Reed Doughty.  Every year he's going to get cut...and then at the end of the preseason he's still in burgundy and gold.

38 minutes ago, perez24 said:

Kedric is the new Reed Doughty.  Every year he's going to get cut...and then at the end of the preseason he's still in burgundy and gold.

He's not only going to retire a Redskin, he'll be inducted into the Ring of Fame

Would be very surprised if Ked got cut.  I think signing Cullen Jenkins to play NT and contribute in the four man front was huge.  Perfect signing for the team cause he's better all around than Knighton.

But lord have mercy if Powe wasn't on the mend from surgery he would've pushed Ked... dude is so lucky.

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

I think the Vikings would empty the vet QB roladex before they came for Sudfeld.  Like a Mike Vick would be a good pull for Minnesota right now.  But Sudfeld?  If they don't think Bridgewater, who is an average game manager at best, is coming back they'd probably ride with a vet for the season and then go again in the draft next year.  I just don't see how Sudfeld helps them this year or next year.

I could be wrong though. 

Yeah I didn't mean necessarily Minnesota would go straight for Sudfeld, more like they'd go for someone else, then that team is looking for someone else, then the next team, ripple effect making backups in general a hot commodity

1 hour ago, Reaper Skins said:

Yeah I didn't mean necessarily Minnesota would go straight for Sudfeld, more like they'd go for someone else, then that team is looking for someone else, then the next team, ripple effect making backups in general a hot commodity

Every team every year has that guy that they're afraid of.  I saw the same thing with Lache Seastrunk... but to a much larger degree.

28 minutes ago, -JB- said:

IMO

Duke Ihenacho cut

Deshazor Everett makes it

Sudfeld to PS

Paulsen cut

4 RBs make it, both Kelley & Brown!

No idea about anything else!  Just a gut feeling about these guys..

I think all of those are possible.  I'd rather keep Nach than Everett.  But just a preference.  Nacho is still young and just offers so much more in his all around game.

I've been thinking... and I must say , i really am enjoying this summer..     the team is pretty much set.. the players we're worrying over are backups and depth, and whether or not starters can repeat already successful performances...

Such a refreshing change!

I think overall, the one thing that has consumed my worries over the roster is whether or not to keep a FOURTH RB...  and that I really want Rashad Ross to make this team.

Again.. what a refreshing change! Stability..  direction.

All hail Jay Gruden for steadying this foundering ship. it's not fully there, but we are not the complete question mark we usually are at this time of year.

Expectations and anticipation of competitive ability are not based on unreasonable amateur evaluations and blind homerism anymore.

What a REFRESHING CHANGE

~AHHHH

I will offer an addendum to my above post and say that the bubble spots,, of which there's maybe 4 (another massive positive) are all, in my mind, decided by special teams flexibility. (A QUANTUM LEAP FORWARD!)

DeShazor Everett, Rashad ross, Quinton Dunbar..  make the team for this reason.

~Bang

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

IMO

Duke Ihenacho cut

Deshazor Everett makes it

Sudfeld to PS

Paulsen cut

4 RBs make it, both Kelley & Brown!

No idea about anything else!  Just a gut feeling about these guys..

I agree except for Ihnacho. He makes the team and I don't even think it's a bubble decision. Everett may make the team but I think it will be at Blackmon's expemse not Duke.

Just now, ak2vegas said:

why blackmon over everett?

I said Everett MAY make the team and if he does it will be over Blackmon. I happen to think Blackmon and Duke make it and Everett is out. But if the coaches think Everett has done enough the next person in terms of what they have done this preseason is Blackmon. He has been decent but not great. I see them as pretty close with Blackmon edging Everett out.  

On 7/26/2016 at 9:35 PM, DC9 said:

Trent's weighing almost 300lbs now, brother.

What do you think he is at today? I just learned he was getting reps at OLB, what we were discussing 5 weeks ago. 

I'd think he probably slimmed down in to the 80's... 

Depth chart (how antiquated it remains - why not show it all on one page / no drop down and clicking needed)

http://www.redskins.com/team/depth-chart.html

you know, one question that needs to be answered is due to Doctson do we need to cut 22 guys or 23?

anyway here's all my predicted cuts

RB

Kerridge

I think both Kelly and Brown have made it now

TE

Paulson, Jensen

WR

Harris, Thompson, Thorpe

OL

Isiah Williams, Kasitati, Kouandjio, Painter, LeRibeus

A lot of people are saying we keep Arie, but I don't see us keeping two pure guards as backsups.  Cofield plays G and T

DL

Crawford, Ioannidis, Powe, Lanier

I think the Skins keep a third QB before a seventh lineman

LB

Fields, Trail, Wakefield

DB

Carrington, Cooper, Everett, Mattias-Smith

My hope is they are able to trade someone like Dunbar and Murphy...I think Murphy would have some value to a 4-3 team looking for a DE.

If that happened, you keep 5 CB's and 5 Safeties.....I would keep Lynden Trail over Bates as my 4th OLB....I would hopefully add a good 3rd OLB and a DL by trading Murphy and Dunbar.

I'd love to stick Sudfeld on the PS, but I think he'll get picked up........I think they will keep Brown and Kelley at first, but there will be changes here, I think.

I'm not a Rashad Ross or Ryan Grant fan....If a good kick & punt returner gets released, I'd cut Ross

I would only go with 8 O-Lineman, unless we can add another Center.

No way in hell am I keeping Paulsen

Archived