Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Nate Sudfeld QB Indiana

PCS

2 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I dont get why he would choose the Eagles PS over ours. They just drafted Wentz, he has no chance to be their QB. With us who knows what happens with Cousins and he is already here and knows the system and coaches.

They may have offered him more money. There is a minimum for PS players but no maximum. Teams can pay them what they want. QBs will typically get more than other PS players. Also, he may think he has a better chance to pass Nick Foles on the depth chart than Colt McCoy - which I can definitely see.

Not really a big deal. He is at best a lifetime backup.

15 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

They may have offered him more money. There is a minimum for PS players but no maximum. Teams can pay them what they want. QBs will typically get more than other PS players. Also, he may think he has a better chance to pass Nick Foles on the depth chart than Colt McCoy - which I can definitely see.

Not really a big deal. He is at best a lifetime backup.

Im more concerned about what info he will give the Eagles going into week 1. Oh well...

33 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I dont get why he would choose the Eagles PS over ours. They just drafted Wentz, he has no chance to be their QB. With us who knows what happens with Cousins and he is already here and knows the system and coaches.

I don't get it either.  Then again, he'd stay a fringe player with Colt locking up #2 QB spot, I have no idea who Philly's backup is.

Just now, MisterPinstripe said:

Im more concerned about what info he will give the Eagles going into week 1. Oh well...

That is a bit over rated I believe. It's not like the Eagles don't already know who the Redskins are. I could care less. In the end it's about athletes making plays. The Redskins should be the better team. But will they show up?

3 hours ago, glongest said:

So if I my understanding is correct, he had the opportunity to choose to be on the Skins practice squad or the Eagles and he chose the Eagles.  With Cousins up in the air for next year and with the back up being Colt McCoy, not exactly going to scare anyone, and the fact that he has been in this system for how ever many years, to me that is a pretty strong statement  on the system, the team, and the coaching staff and I don't mean in a positive way.  

Or he's pissed at not making the 53 and wants to stick it to the team. I say Sudfeld gets cut after the home opener. 

3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

That is a bit over rated I believe. It's not like the Eagles don't already know who the Redskins are. I could care less. In the end it's about athletes making plays. The Redskins should be the better team. But will they show up?

But knowing a team's weakness is also an advantage and Sudfeld can transfer this knowledge. I do agree however that if the players just execute, it doesnt matter what intel can be provided. 

With one week to go before the season opener, there's isn't much -- if anything -- the Eagles can glean from Sudfield that they don't already know. They've got a pretty good blueprint already on how to attack this offense, and I'm sure Schwartz is gonna attack the interior of that line like there's no tomorrow. And watch the way they overload the left side of our line with blitz packages.

Just now, skinzplay said:

With one week to go before the season opener, there's isn't much -- if anything -- the Eagles can glean from Sudfield that they don't already know. They've got a pretty good blueprint already on how to attack this offense, and I'm sure Schwartz is gonna attack the interior of that line like there's no tomorrow. And watch the way they overload the left side of our line with blitz packages.

The only thing I'd be worried about is Sudfeld relaying certain calls made at the line before the snap. I'm sure the Skins will be prepared for that with dummy calls and such. However, that is time being wasted on that rather than focusing on the gameplan.

Don't really buy the "demotion" angle... he would still have been their 3rd string quarterback.  

I originally thought he had a much much better chance of seeing playing time here, but if he saw McCoy as an entrenched backup, long term... I don't know. 

A few other angles I could see - 1) wanting a change of scenery/location, including weather, traffic, etc.  2) not liking the way he was perceived on social media (sure didn't get the Cult of Colt type treatment), and 3) wanting some experience in a different offense.  

22 hours ago, JaxJoe said:

Or he's pissed at not making the 53 and wants to stick it to the team. I say Sudfeld gets cut after the home opener. 

But knowing a team's weakness is also an advantage and Sudfeld can transfer this knowledge. I do agree however that if the players just execute, it doesnt matter what intel can be provided. 

I am pretty sure they know our weaknesses by now. Not a real secret. So far we have not demonstrated a run game or more importantly any commitment to it. The middle of our line is suspect even though the outsides are good. It's likely our WRs and QB will not be on the same page early especially so there will be opportunities for picks if you are patient.

On D, just get to 3rd down, you will be fine, especially if it's 3rd and long. They will have us right where they want us. I little tongue in cheek there, but not too much of an exaggeration.

Not sure what Suds is going to tell them other than expect to see a lot of 12 and even 13 personnel. But since that's not really a secret not sure he is of much use. They will change the signs just enough that if he tries to give them signals it will be a disaster. All it takes is changing a few things, especially at key moments.

Again, I find it really hard to get to exited about a 6th rd project QB going to someone else's PS. Even if Kirk leaves Suds really had almost no chance of being the starter. Quite honestly they may have even told him that. I could see Jay being really up front with him.

12 hours ago, skinzplay said:

This is actually good news for the Redskins.

After losing 5 times in a row to Washington, the Eagles are apparently nervous and not very confident about this game. Otherwise, why go out an get Sudfeld to glean info about the Redskins off of him?

I like our chances this Sunday. :815: :eagles_suck:

13 hours ago, skinzplay said:

I think the Eagles have what they need to know about the Skins on tape when we beat the in the last 5 games we have played them..

The eagles signing sudfeld is pretty meaningless, quite frankly. The game is about execution and doing your job while trusting every one else to do theirs. Belichick does this and simply this. Everyone else is running around trying to find transcendent talent at every position. Belichick gets smart players who can execute consistently, learn multiple styles, and work as a team. No one else does that. No one else has been as consistently great over the last decade+. The giants used to do this under Coughlin all the time. I think they felt they really got the best of us when they signed Pierce and he gave them our tells, when in reality they were just better than us. Getting a cast off player from another team means nothing if that team is better than you at being consistent and executing their game plan. I wonder if we'll ever figure that out...

edit for clarity: I did not mean the giants used to be as good as the pats, just that they would often sign players to contracts from teams they were about to play. They did it way too much for it to be a coincidence.

53 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Whatever beat reporter is on 106.7 The Fan right now he said Sudfeld got paid much more, supposedly $20k per month from the Eagles.

But... But he's an ungrateful little whelp! He can't possibly sign with a different team! WE RAISED HIM! WE OWN HIM!

He turned down a smaller contract for a bigger one? What a scumbag. Kids these days....

1 hour ago, jschuck12001 said:

Whatever beat reporter is on 106.7 The Fan right now he said Sudfeld got paid much more, supposedly $20k per month from the Eagles.

It was a national guy, Garafalo. I heard that, I didn't love that he also said that they liked the fact that he knew the Redskins playbook leading up to the game.  He said it was a combination of liking Sudfeld the player and liking how they can help them for this game.

I forgot what Philly report said it but there was one guy on a radio show who said this game for Philly is huge.  They think they should beat Washington and its the most winnable game on their NFC East road schedule -- so they see this game as a lynchpin one for the season.  

Archived