Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Nate Sudfeld QB Indiana

PCS

I think we'll PS him.  I heard he looked at home among the 3rd stringers. It's where he is now.

When he was drafted, I presumed he was a project all along. Project means 2-3 years before he can be expected to start. He has 2 camps under his belt. I think he showed enough but as always, it comes down to other roster spots - are  there players more important to our future that we want to keep. 

12 minutes ago, Mr_ Skinshead said:

IMO, a team can ill afford a roster without a QB that can win a game on his own. This criterion separates the wheat from the chaff in today's NFL; it's something I fear we still lack.

Teams that rely solely on a QB to win games rarely do. Look at any good team even ones with Great QB's, rarely have they won long term. Right now Drew Brees comes to mind. Even Brady has a really good team and system around him. 

Agree with SWFL all the way here. The key for me is whether Cousins truly intends to stay. If the team knows that he's leaving (and I think he's heading to Arizona), they'd better keep three QBs. Going into the next off-season with McCoy as the only one who knows the system wouldn't be wise. And if the line doesn't start blocking better, we might need all three anyway.

8 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Aaron Rodgers says hi.

And his team was as bad as who? 

7 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Agree with SWFL all the way here. The key for me is whether Cousins truly intends to stay. If the team knows that he's leaving (and I think he's heading to Arizona), they'd better keep three QBs. Going into the next off-season with McCoy as the only one who knows the system wouldn't be wise. And if the line doesn't start blocking better, we might need all three anyway.

I just don't think Suds is worth the spot even in that case considering what he has shown. PS or move on. 

7 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

I just don't think Suds is worth the spot even in that case considering what he has shown. PS or move on. 

11 minutes ago, theTruthTeller said:

There is zero chance that Suds gets picked off waivers.  Every team in the league has a guy like him, someone who showed a little flash against 4th stringers.  If anything, the Skins should be monitoring the waiver wire to see if there is an upgrade at backup QB.  

I agree. There is no way someone is keeping him on their active roster. He will make it through to the PS. 

11 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Thought he had a nice game.  Surprised me, if I'm being honest.  Still not sure If keep him, but maybe for the Cousins contract situation... and the fact that McCoy (who I like) doesn't have much upside.  

I tend to agree with this. Sudfeld did better than I expected against Tampa, but it seems to be more of lowered expectations thing than a particularly good performance. Yes, there were good moments. But there were also bad ones. And in the end, his numbers were mediocre and he led the team to score less points than Josh Harvey-Clemons did, even though the running game was also quite good.

I hope one decent performance against back-ups and cut players doesn't suddenly skew the outlook on Sudfeld. I'm tepid at best about him and don't think the team needs 3 QBs on the active roster. I'd be shocked if he got claimed by anyone if he was cut and he seems fine developing on the practice squad.

His accuracy was almost a double edged sword for me - he had perfect ball placement on a number of throws, but a lot of those were him throwing to well covered receivers.  What I'm getting at (I guess) is did he make the wrong decision throwing into those tight windows?

I agree though, who's gonna pick him up off waivers (to their 53) when he couldn't score a td with a pretty darn good run game and defensive showing?

Give him a nice pep talk when you tell him he didn't make the team and express your desire to PS him.  

Archived