Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tesla Model 3 Release

SkinsHokieFan

• 2 weeks later...

we once patched openssl to ignore client expiry because somebody forgot to create a process to update keys in the field and all the customer cars started falling offline because their certs had expired. the quick and dirty was to just patch openssl quickly and make openvpn on the server side use that one while we created those processes for about 2 weeks.

:rofl89:

that's my favorite so far

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

Rocketman

Charles GasparinoVerified account @CGasparino
SCOOP: After inquiries by @FoxBusiness i am told that the @usairforce has begun to look into @elonmusk's pot-smoking during @joerogan interview. at issue: @SpaceX is a government contractor and marijuana use is prohibited for people w govt security clearance -- stay tuned
0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Direct message
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So many Telsas in Los Angeles.

They're actually becoming kinda lame. Like the sign of a douchebag.

We need people with big ideas like Musk, but it could turn out that his legacy -- as least in the auto business -- is pushing established car companies to get into the electric car game. BMW, for example, has a new electric car coming out this year that's supposed to be amazing -- and unlike Tesla, they have the infrastructure to make them in a timely manner and repair them as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/09/27/tesla-falls-4percent-on-report-elon-musk-sued-by-sec.html

Tesla CEO Elon Musk has been sued by the Securities and Exchange Commission for fraud, according to court documents filed Thursday. Sources close to the company told CNBC the company was also expecting to be sued, though Tesla was not named as a defendant in the complaint.

Shares of the automaker fell roughly 10 percent in extended trading Thursday.

The SEC complaint alleges that Musk issued "false and misleading" statements and failed to properly notify regulators of material company events. The SEC plans to hold a press conference at 5 pm E.T.

:rofl89:

• Haha 3

Musk said in an interview with The New York Times that he calculated a take-private price of $420 by rounding $1 up from what would have been a 20 percent upside at the time.

"According to Musk, he calculated the $420 price per share based on a 20% premium over that day's closing share price because he thought 20% was a 'standard premium' in going-private transaction," the SEC alleged in its suit. "This calculation resulted in a price of $419, and Musk stated that he rounded the price up to $420 because he had recently learned about the number's significance in marijuana culture and thought his girlfriend 'would find it funny, which admittedly is not a great reason to pick a price.'"

Damn it all I am howling

• Haha 1

I just posted this in the Random Thought Thread.  Just saw the news on Elon.  Thought I might add it here.

It MIGHT be true that everybody who drives a Tesla is a ****.  However, it IS true that everybody who drives a Maserati is a ****. Since the profanity filters will filter out the actual word, it's a reference to a male rooster. If you don't get the reference, there was a running joke on Top Gear from YEARS and YEARS ago that everybody who drove certain types of cars were, by definition a ****. 

So, with that said, I own and drive a candy apple red Tesla S60 (My license plate is a Redskins vanity plate which includes VOR. Which is a great conversation starter) Which I bought used in 2015.  Which MIGHT make me a ****. And I can live with that possibility.  Honestly, the combination of Tesla and vanity plate probably puts it over the top... But whatever. 

However, as I was driving my daughter to soccer practice this morning (she's four and a half, so "soccer" is to be taken very loosely) a guy in a Maserati was in the lane next to me, and gunned his engine.  Because while I MIGHT be a ****, he IS a ****.  Anybody who guns their engine at a stop light on Fairfax County Parkway in Reston is a ****. 

So he took off.  Made a lot of noise.  I just kept with him for the first little bit, he seemed frustrated he wasn't pulling ahead, probably floored it and made a lot more noise. So I put the pedal down.  Toasted him and put jam on it.  Got up to 65 mph (very quickly I might add), he was 2 car lengths back.  Then I backed off, let him go past me, because honestly I didn't care, didn't want a speeding ticket, and had my daughter with me, and leisurely went on to "soccer" practice. He kept accelerating and ran a red light. Fool. 

This experiment proves, while I MIGHT be a ****, he definitely IS a ****. 

PS: I'd like to thank Elon, for all his faults, for making a hell of a good car.  Even if owning MIGHT make me a ****. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tshile said:

There’s only two cars that tell me everything I need to know about the driver

- big trucks with confederate flags waving off the back

- Prius drivers

I will slash you with my goalie hockey stick if you make fun of my Prius. You are just lucky that you didn't mention solar panels too. ;)

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

I will slash you with my goalie hockey stick if you make fun of my Prius. You are just lucky that you didn't mention solar panels too. ;)

It’s  not the Prius I’m making fun of ;) 

im jealous of the solar panels :( 

Edited by tshile

BTW, this is ultimately great news for Tesla. Elon needs to get his **** together big time. If anyone has ever been in a Tesla, you probably know how awesome they really are. The company needs someone to get and keep them on track. 

Just now, tshile said:

It’s  not the Prius I’m making fun of ;) 

I'm well aware and I certainly phrased that poorly. Just making sure you knew I was a hockey goalie. It means I'm crazy....according to most other hockey players. 

LolElon

I wouldn’t mind owning a Tesla.  I don’t think it makes anyone a ****.  I do think they’re status symbols though, due to their price.

Also, the Model 3 release has been a sham and Elon is a giant douche because of it.  Typical snake oil salesman.  It’s business ****stick, you’re supposed to UNDER promise and OVER deliver... not the other way around.