Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tesla Model 3 Release

SkinsHokieFan

i actually like the look. 

i don't know why.

I'm very curious what the impending electric truck market does to the resale value of gas trucks. 

I'm assuming diesel trucks will be fine for quite a while, but gas trucks maybe not so...

Edited by tshile

I put a deposit down. From what I’ve read on the Tesla forum it’s up to 60k preorders. 

I like that they did something different and the engineering behind the shape is really cool. I’m guessing the actual price of the base model with self driving is going to be close to 53k. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tshile said:

The base model only has 1 motor and rwd. 

i don’t really know how much that would appeal to someone looking for a truck. There’s towing and payload capacity issues and, at least around here, no one buys a RWD truck. 

If the numbers are true the base model has a solid payload and max tow. If you just want a truck to do basic towing and hauling stuff I can see the desirability. Also I think keeping the final price below 55k with self driving is going to be a big deal. 

The dual motor is my guess to be the most purchased, but I think that’s going to come in at closer to 65k thank the 49.9k base price. That’s Denali and Raptor territory. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I knew it would look weird but man. I guess they're going with "so ugly it's cool" thing. But where are the sideview mirrors? 

Cameras, I’m sure they’ll have to add them in for DOT certification. They tried with the S awhile ago to do cameras instead of mirrors but were not allowed. 

Edited by GoSkinsGo

I came into work this morning and someone told me that Tesla announced a truck.  Before showing it to me, my response was "I hope it looks like something taken straight out of a sci-fi movie".  Then he brought up the picture and it was everything I had hoped for and more.  Do want.

$40K seems a whole lot less pricey.  Not hard to spend $30 on a fairly basic F-150.  Although I assume there's a reason why proces on F-150 can go from $20-$65.  Different people look for different things from a pickup.  

(Although I suspect that very few pickup buyers go shopping looking for something that looks like that.  Granted, I just finished saying that pickup buyers are not all the same, but I suspect that very few of them want to be guinea pigs for something that weird looking.)  

(Although maybe "pickup buyers who are willing to roll the dice on an all-electric one" differs from the typical pickup buyer, too.)  

He sure seems to be pushing the technology outward.  

An all-EV with a range of 250-300 miles?  Still completely unsuitable for any really long trip.  You wouldn't want to load the kids in the car and go see Yellowstone in one.  But for example, I could go to Disney and back.  Without having to recharge at Disney.  (Although I'd feel a lot less nervous if I did.)  

14 minutes ago, Larry said:

He sure seems to be pushing the technology outward.  

An all-EV with a range of 250-300 miles?  Still completely unsuitable for any really long trip.  You wouldn't want to load the kids in the car and go see Yellowstone in one.  But for example, I could go to Disney and back.  Without having to recharge at Disney.  (Although I'd feel a lot less nervous if I did.)  

The 3-motor Cybertruck variant, I believe, has a 500 mile range.  Of course that will set you back a bit more.

• Haha 1