Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tesla Model 3 Release

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

So Model X? Overpriced SUV with better options in the price range or worth the $$$?

Asking for a friend 😶

The model x is supposed to be getting a major refresh in the next few months, so i’d wait to see, Right now i would do the model y over the model x, but it depends on what is in the update.  Right now the major advantage the x has over the y is that it has an actual usable third row and you can configure it so that the second row is two bucket seats with a space to move toward the back in the center. So if you need a lot of room, x maybe wins out, otherwise you can get almost the same performance and better tech in the care for 30k less.

49 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Oh, here's my new Model 3 on the day I got it. Named it Rudolph (the reindeer, not the corrupt politician)

It's fast. Like ridiculously fast. I don't know that I've ever been in a car so fast, let alone drive one. Launching feels like you are shot out of a cannon, or like a roller coaster that starts from a dead stop (Flight of Fear or Volcano, for the old school Kings Dominion heads).

Auto pilot and Auto steer are two things that actually caught me by surprise. I never use cruise control. These two features make driving on highways a breeze. Just set it, and the car does the rest. Goes as fast as you want, follows the cars in front of you as far away as you want. Slows down and speeds up with traffic. Changes lanes when you put on your turn signal. Keeps the lanes very, very well. I was amazed. 

1xi7TOq.jpeg

I have no info about the Model X. Couldn't even tell you what their base price is. Bears noting that at least on the Model 3, the base model leaves enough to be desired that you'll naturally gravitate towards the more expensive models.

I can say that I'm not a huge fan of the wing doors though. Seems like they might get in the way, such as in a garage where side space is limited.

hell yeah. 

Watch out for curb rash, the larger your rims the easier they are to get scraped.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Watch out for curb rash, the larger your rims the easier they are to get scraped.

You're a day late homegirl. Pulled into a street parking spot yesterday, heard the "cccrrrrrrrrrrpp" and my heart sank. The rubber bands they stretch onto these gigantic wheels offer exactly no protection. Don't remember the last time I nicked a curb but this did it. Already looking into wheel repair. I nearly cried. Wife said, "Well, at least we got that over with, and at least it was you and not me."

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, China said:

I thought Tesla has an Auto Park feature so you can avoid the wheel scrape?

it does but it only worked under some scenerios. There has to be a car in each adjacent space and you have to drive slowly past the space. I’ve only used auto park once in 2 years of ownership. 

Autopark and summon are more parlor trick than useful feature.

These Repair Bulletins for Tesla's Quality Problems Are Downright Embarrassing—and Serious

It's no secret that Tesla tends to ship cars to customers with questionable fit and finish. Sometimes components don't fit the way they should, so fake wood from Home Depot is used to ensure they do. Other times, glass roofs simply detach while driving down the highway. This time, however, it's not a random Facebook rant or one-off tweet telling us Tesla is selling vehicles of questionable quality, it's the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), via recalls and service bulletins.

Thanks to Bozi Tatarevic on Twitter, we know about errors numerous enough to warrant a response from the NHTSA, and some of them are pretty bad. They include low-grade rust repair, fixes to bodywork using a dead-blow hammer, and missing fasteners. We're not talking about a couple of loose lug nuts, either. We're talking parts missing from the car's power system that may affect battery charge and discharge, and even nuts missing in the front suspension.

Click on the link for the full article

• 2 months later...

Russian Pleads Guilty To Conspiracy To Introduce Malware Into Tesla's Computer Network

A Russian citizen who was arrested in the United States last summer has pleaded guilty to conspiracy to introduce malware into the computer network of automaker Tesla.

The U.S. Justice Department said on March 18 that Yegor Kryuchkov pleaded guilty in federal court "for conspiring to travel to the United States to recruit an employee of a Nevada company into a scheme to introduce malicious software into the company’s computer network."

According to the statement, in the summer of 2020, the 27-year-old Kryuchkov and his accomplices tried to bribe a company employee, offering him $1 million to install malicious software to get access to the firm's network so that Kryuchkov could extort cash from Tesla by threatening to make the stolen data public.

Click on the link for the full article