Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tesla Model 3 Release

SkinsHokieFan

@Springfield

I absolutely love it. It makes me wish I had of got one sooner. My only complaint is that I didn’t get the p3d! If you are buying one I would buy the highest tier you can afford and skip the FSD. It’s nice and I use it’s features now a lot, but for 6-7k you can almost get the text trim level which in my case would have given me a full premium interior, a larger battery, a second motor, better performance, free connectivity for browsing the web, a cooler looking map ect for just a few grand more than I paid plus you always buy fsd as an add on later.

You can’t add another battery or motor..

I’ve been able to go on several long road trips that are outside of the range of my Tesla and the super charges really make the Tesla able a competitor like the leaf and even BMW or Porsche’s electric options... and for a fraction of the price of those two... 15 minutes gets you about 100 miles of range.

I personally didn’t have any issues, but if you do buy an m3 make sure you inspect the car prior to accepting it, especially the under carriage... there are some reports of the delivery driver using the cars jack points as tie downs, damaging them in the process.  If you cannot live with any of the defects I would suggest rejecting delivery.  Tesla will eventually fix the issue but because they are a smallish car company it might take 3-4 months and their service locations aren’t everywhere. They will they give you your money back in 2-3 weeks and then you just buy another one.

Also, don’t trade in your car with Tesla. They aren’t in the used car business and you’ll get a better offer from CarMax swim says.

I love this car.

I still have to drive an ICE car and work and every time I have to stand outside i the heat at the gas station I get physically sick.

You will regret not buying one sooner once you buy one.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

@Springfield

I absolutely love it. It makes me wish I had of got one sooner. My only complaint is that I didn’t get the p3d! If you are buying one I would buy the highest tier you can afford and skip the FSD. It’s nice and I use it’s features now a lot, but for 6-7k you can almost get the text trim level which in my case would have given me a full premium interior, a larger battery, a second motor, better performance, free connectivity for browsing the web, a cooler looking map ect for just a few grand more than I paid plus you always buy fsd as an add on later.

You can’t add another battery or motor..

I’ve been able to go on several long road trips that are outside of the range of my Tesla and the super charges really make the Tesla able a competitor like the leaf and even BMW or Porsche’s electric options... and for a fraction of the price of those two... 15 minutes gets you about 100 miles of range.

I personally didn’t have any issues, but if you do buy an m3 make sure you inspect the car prior to accepting it, especially the under carriage... there are some reports of the delivery driver using the cars jack points as tie downs, damaging them in the process.  If you cannot live with any of the defects I would suggest rejecting delivery.  Tesla will eventually fix the issue but because they are a smallish car company it might take 3-4 months and their service locations aren’t everywhere. They will they give you your money back in 2-3 weeks and then you just buy another one.

Also, don’t trade in your car with Tesla. They aren’t in the used car business and you’ll get a better offer from CarMax swim says.

I love this car.

I still have to drive an ICE car and work and every time I have to stand outside i the heat at the gas station I get physically sick.

You will regret not buying one sooner once you buy one.

P3d?

fsd?

Fsd

Full Self Driving

Right now it’s limited to navigate on autopilot, auto park, and summon.

navigate on autopilot will automatically  change lanes to match your set speed (passing cars) and take exit ramps on interstate.  City roads aren’t currently supported.

The base model of the car will steer and adjust its speed with in its lane.

Autopark will automatically park the car parallel or back in. It works ok most of the time, but I can park the car faster.

summon is currently restricted to moving the car toward and reverse with your phone, but advanced summon is supposed to be released later this year when will allow the car to autonomously navigate a parking lot and drive to you.  There are videos on YouTube of people using advanced summon as part of the early access program....

p3d is the nickname for the performance trim model 3 that has awd and 3.2 0-60 times..

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

So Tesla's next great innovation is this:

Elon Musk says Tesla owners will soon be able to replace their horn with fart and goat noises

Meanwhile in Croatia...

'Croatian Elon Musk' Unleashes 256 MPH Electric Hypercar With Nearly 2,000 Horsepower, Insane 0-60

31-year-old Croatian entrepreneur Mate Rimac - who has created batteries for companies such as Aston Martin, Renault and Koenigsegg - has built his own all-electric hypercar: the Rimac C_Two.

rimac%202.jpg?itok=r101iwbo

The beast of a car produces 1,914 hp from four permanent-magnet motors, which propel it to a top speed of 412 km/h (256 mph). 0-60 comes in a blistering 1.85 seconds (Tesla's next-gen Roadster does 0-60 in 1.9 seconds). Perhaps even more amazing is that Rimac is a magician when it comes to battery technology - which gives the C_Two a range of 340 miles on a single charge. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Federal safety agency launches probe of Tesla battery fires

Federal safety regulators have begun looking into Tesla battery fires. The probe covers all Model S and Model X vehicles manufactured between 2012 and 2019 and sold in the United States.

The National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration is casting a wide net in its action, which NHTSA does not technically classify as an “investigation” but rather as a “defect petition.“ In a letter sent to Tesla’s legal department dated Oct. 24, the agency demands that Tesla produce all documents that relate to “high-voltage battery fires that are not related to collision or impact damage to the battery pack” in the Model S and Model X.

That includes documents from “all original written, printed, typed, recorded or graphic matter whatsoever … of every kind, nature and description.” Included are papers, letters, memos, emails, charts, tables, appointment books, diaries, travel reports, blueprints and well over 100 other sources of information.

The demand includes not only Tesla but also contractors, consultants and agencies involved with Model S and X battery issues.

The media has reported several incidents where Tesla batteries appeared to spontaneously burst into flames — sometimes while driving, other times while the car was parked. If Tesla knows of other such fires that the media has not picked up on, NHTSA wants to know about them.

The Times attempted to reach Tesla’s media relations team by email and by phone Friday morning, but the company has not responded.

Elon Musk says Tesla will unveil its 'Cybertruck' this month

5dc2f2aa3afd37488f74fb43?width=1300&form

What the ugly Tesla pickup may look like

Tesla will unveil its pickup truck, which CEO Elon Musk called the "Cybertruck," on November 21 in Los Angeles, Musk tweeted on Tuesday.

"Cybertruck unveil on Nov 21 in LA near SpaceX rocket factory," Musk said.

Musk has said that, among Tesla's upcoming vehicles, he is most excited about the pickup truck. Tesla plans to roll out the pickup truck after its Model Y SUV, which is set to enter production next summer. 

• Like 1

^speaking of Rivian, Ford obviously signaled they were jumping into the electric market in a big way with their $500m investment in Rivian. Well, we’re going to start seeing the output from that soon. Mach E, a mustang-based electric crossover, is set to be unveiled Nov 17. 

https://www.motor1.com/news/379690/ford-mustang-ev-crossover-suv-render/

They're also supposed to be working on an all electric F-150 for next generation. 

It’s taken some time, but more and more we’ll see all-electric options for a variety of models from numerous manufacturers. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

rivian looks like a super interesting truck but I think they are looking at pricing it around 90k and it’s not in production.

Just under 70K for the first wave. They are currently taking orders. I'd also be surprised if they were not already producing at least some component infrastructure because I've read they like to surprise people and unveil in blitz fashion. 

I've been on their mailing list for about 2 years now and they've intimated that eventually they'd like two tiers of their truck, like most pickups, a full sized and mid-sized.

If 70k was the price point for the full, I'd venture 55k for the "ranger" type model. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Just under 70K for the first wave. They are currently taking orders. I'd also be surprised if they were not already producing at least some component infrastructure because I've read they like to surprise people and unveil in blitz fashion. 

I've been on their mailing list for about 2 years now and they've intimated that eventually they'd like two tiers of their truck, like most pickups, a full sized and mid-sized.

If 70k was the price point for the full, I'd venture 55k for the "ranger" type model. 

there is Electrify America but it is expensive (2x) compared to Tesla and doesn’t charge quite as fast and isn’t in as many places. 

• 2 weeks later...

Subject: Get Ready — Livestream Cybertruck Unveil

https://livestream.tesla.com/?redirect=no&amp;utm_source=communication&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_campaign=CyberTruckUnveil&amp;utm_term={locale:en_US;LLC:known;bizUnit:vehicles;variant:LiveCast;SendDate:2019-11-21}&amp;utm_content=product_launch&amp;smc_id=129625369

Watch Cybertruck live
Unveil starts at 8 p.m. PST

Tesla | All Rights Reserved | 3500 Deer Creek Rd. Palo Alto CA 94304 
Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe