Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015-2016 NCAA Basketball Thread - non-team-specific - NOW OFFICIAL 2016 MARCH MADNESS THREAD

PleaseBlitz

Two upset locks: Northern Iowa over Texas & Iona over Iowa State.

Purdue is going to win it all. You heard it here first.

Purdue?  I don't think so.  But then I'm pulling for Michigan State, who should've gotten a No. 1 seed.  Maybe they can use that as extra motivation.  Regardless, I think this is MSU's best chance to win it all since they actually did win it all back in 2000.

Michigan fan here.  Go Blue.  But I am not sure that this is their year, given that they have a play-in game.   I give them only about a 70% chance of taking the crown   :P

I wish failure upon Notre Dame, Dook and USC.   I am okay with Georgetown because my dad went there, and with the Virginia schools because I grew up there.  I also root for Cal Berkeley because if you move to the Bay Area you eventually have to take sides between Cal and Stanford.   

I tend to support for all B1G teams when they get on the national stage other than THE Ohio State University because screw those guys.   

Mostly I root for little schools to get upsets.  The more times an Austin Peay, Wofford, or CSU-Bakersfield type schools gets to beat a Kansas or Kentucky or UNC type school, the better.

Today there are three 12 vs. 5 matchups which are always fun. 

12:15 W13 UNC Wilmington vs W4 Duke

12:40 MW9 Butler vs MW8 Texas Tech

1:30 S9 UConn vs S8 Colorado

2:00 MW13 Iona vs MW4 Iowa St

2:45 W12 Yale vs W5 Baylor

3:10 MW16 Hampton vs MW1 Virginia

4:00 S16 Austin Peay vs S1 Kansas

4:30 MW12 UALR vs MW5 Purdue

6:50 S14 Buffalo vs S3 Miami

7:10 E12 Chattanooga vs E5 Indiana

7:20 E16 Florida Gulf Coast vs E1 UNC

7:27 MW14 Fresno St vs MW3 Utah

9:20 S11 Wichita St vs S6 Arizona

9:40 E13 Stony Brook vs E4 Kentucky

9:50 E9 Providence vs E8 USC

9:57 MW11 Gonzaga vs MW6 Seton Hall

Games have been sorta meh so far.  Chalky.  Yale about to put an end to that.  I usually get in a couple of pools, but filled out brackets at espn in hopes of winning a trip to Hawaii instead.  Sound financial decision. :)

Brackets are fun, but as a hoops lover I never become a slave to that stuff.  I pull for the big upsets no matter who's playing.  I still find it kinda amusing that people get so bent out of shape over their brackets, therefore denying themselves the ability to find joy in what makes the tourney so great.   

Baylor cut it to 2. Yale free throws right now

Not a big fan of Yale especially with the whole crisis that went down with their team supporting their fallen teammate 

Picked Yale but switched to Baylor 

Always go with your gut

Baylor with a fierce rally but might be too little too late

Shouldn't have fallen behind by double digits 

Archived