Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015-2016 NCAA Basketball Thread - non-team-specific - NOW OFFICIAL 2016 MARCH MADNESS THREAD

PleaseBlitz

Redskin, both teams executed on the offensive end pretty well in the first half. It did get ugly towards the end.

I hate how the story in the media is all about buddy hields shot. The real story is the shutdown defense played on him by Daxter miles. Hield made one field goal the entire game. Paige jumper with 11 seconds left was clutch, and is barely mentioned.

Yeah, that's why I mentioned that Paige shot. It was very clutch. Tournament ball is all about winning ugly. You make the shots you have to make and do whatever it takes to win.

Will be at the final tonight to watch UNC and Virginia. Cannot bring myself to root for UVA even though they are local. Can't do it. 

Everyone there as I said before is basically Carolina fans but there were a lot of UVA fans for the UVA game so I'm curious what turnout is like tonight. Will it be Chapel Hill North again? 

Yes UVA was known for strong defense and you could see it all night but at one point in the 2nd half they just kept trying to jack up threes and they were all no good. You could see them just go cold and then UNC was able to pull away to the delight of the partisan Carolina faithful. 

The stadium was about 90% Carolina as it was for the entire tournament. But UVA fans made themselves known too. So you'd get a mix of TAR...HEEL...TAR...HEEL...U...V...A... :lol:

GO...WA...HEEL  :lol:

I'm pleased with the outcome but even if UVA had won I don't think I would have thrown a fit like I did on Friday night where I just left the game with 3 minutes to go because it was obvious UVA wasn't going to lose. The beauty of the tournament is being able to mingle with all the fans from opposing ACC schools. Look in the crowd and see Pitt fans, VT fans, FSU fans, all neutral and enjoying the game. Seeing the Carolina fans rise up and applaud when Duke lost, or boo Grayson Allen's mention when he was named to the ACC 2nd team. The tournament was just a fantastic environment to be at this year, even if it was all chalk.

Super glad that you got to go, ix. I remember more from those tournaments than probably any other events in my life. From Christmas on, I'd pick up extra shifts and go without buying anything just to save the money to go...tickets back then for the whole event were only $225-250, but travel, hotel, and to do whatever, and I always went to Duke on Monday after the Sunday championship game...honestly, some of the greatest times of my life. Like the elderly Duke couple in front of me one year that did the "hands up" for free throws every single time...the UVA ladies behind me one year, one of whom was clearly a coach on some level, the year in the very first row of the second level center court.

So glad for you!!!

Archived