Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015-2016 NCAA Basketball Thread - non-team-specific - NOW OFFICIAL 2016 MARCH MADNESS THREAD

PleaseBlitz

I would really love it if the one team could win the championship so we all stop bickering in other sports and come together to celebrate: The Redskins.

Also, I keep hearing Rollie Massamino's name being pronounced incorrect. I have heard it pronounced "Raliegh" since 1985, but I keep hearing "Roh-lie".

I didn't mean it like that.  I went into defensive mode, I'm solo here bruh.  I actually find it funny that Terp fans hate UNC so much, but I've never hated the Terps at all.  

I just have the potential to get dumped on right now, so that's my defensive mechanism.  Nova won, so be it.  UNC will be back in a few years.  

^^ wasn't specifically directed at you man. I see it all the time because we all have different teams in different sports.

But the sole reason we are all on this site is one common denominator. The Washington Redskins. This place will crash if we ever win another SB.

and the answer to Beal's question.  Yes, as a Redskins fan, Braves fan, I can certainly show that type of dedication to a team :)

I'm ****ing close to 41 years old.  I've pulled for the same teams almost all of my lifetime lol

But also to answer Beal's question, we won't have to worry about me sticking out 30 years between championships, cause it's UNC.  They will win another and most likely multiple championships in the next 30 years.  

You know what.  Congrats to Villanova.  You were the better team by one shot this year.  Enjoy, you deserve it. 

No need to be a bitter **** about ****, games over now.  They won :/

I know you're upset, and I feel it for you. I do. You're my bud.

My ding-dong, Ingram, can't hit a shot when really needed...that dude just declared. Seriously.

Look at Okafor.

One season with K will never get you what you need. All 4 (or 5), and you still won't be Christian Laettner.

Who did absoluuuuuuutely nothing in the NBA except whine.

Yeah, I've still got a reason to ***** this morning.

I don't know if he's a fan but he did pick them to win his bracket so congrats on that. Nailed it.

I actually am a fan..  no connection to the school other than attending a game as a kid in the 70s. It stuck.

I have only picked them twice to win it all..  and i have been right both times. This time, i legit thought they could. 

Last time, i was young, ****y, and running my mouth...and OH was it glorious.

I was an electrician on the construction of the Washington Harbor in Georgetown, and I started running my yap on the job-site early..  bunch of Georgetown fans, MD fans..

So of course a lot of people wanted to bet, and i demanded heavy odds, and I also would not bet money.. we bet other things. (No way i was going to bet cash on such a longshot. I may have been ****y, but not stupid.  Hell, I WAS ****y,, many of those bets were of the "i'll take Nova, you can have all the rest" variety... So i bet car washes, i bet a six pack versus a quarter keg of beer, a pack of cigarettes vs 2 cartons.. a joint for a dime, (in those days we actually had $10 dimes..  little yellow envelopes.) things like this.

They won in round 1 and i got loud, then they beat Michigan State in rd. 2, and i started getting louder, then they dropped Maryland and held Len Bias to like 8 points and i started to strut and crow, and when it came down to Georgetown in the final, I quieted down, and then everyone else got loud,,wanted to multiply the bets and such. I took some, left others as is.

When they won, I was insufferable. at 7AM I got up on top of the roof of the the right building and held up a big NOVA sign for the Georgetown crew team in the river. I collected on most of the bets, too. the qtr keg being put to wonderful use.

Last night was extremely gratifying. the end could not have been better, because i didn't think UNC would keep it so tight. But credit to them, they played a great game, and when they started raining threes in the first half, i was certainly nervous.

What a great finish. An epic game. My face hurts from smiling.

~Bang

It was a good tourney.  Way too early but they already have the pre-rankings out and Duke is sitting at #1.  Followed by Nova #2, Kentucky #3, Kansas #4 and Louisville #5 rounding out the top 5.

UNC ranks in at #6, Virginia at #7...........Maryland coming in at #14 due to losing two seniors and possibly Stone.  I'm gonna bank on Kentucky taking it next year, Duke in the running right behind them.

UNC will have a good year due to the depth they have, cause this entire academic scandal has severely hurt recruiting, none of the top studs want to sign without knowing what is going to happen, if anything happens.

Again, all the **** talk about y'alls teams last night was me just messing around with y'all.  I love everyone on this forum and I know my teams outside of the Redskins are not going to be ones people on here like.  I'm fine with that.  I don't hate VA or MD, don't hate the Wiz, don't hate the Nats either.  

Though I want VA, Wiz and Nats to loose cause they are in the same conference/division.  Terps aren't in the ACC anymore, which actually I miss since they were one of the original teams.

Archived