Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015-2016 NCAA Basketball Thread - non-team-specific - NOW OFFICIAL 2016 MARCH MADNESS THREAD

PleaseBlitz

Syracuse wouldn't be so lowly ranked if the NCAA didn't suspend Boeheim. Now Boeheim basically tells them to **** off and coaches his ****ing team to the final four. It's him and coach K as the best coaches right now. It's not even close.

"You're too good a player to showboat like that."

He's right. In what world is that wrong? Now if you want to get on him for being dishonest sure but how is what he said wrong? Guy runs up the score on college kids. Then Coach K tries to tell him don't ****ing do that, you're better, you won, win with class.

If a 2-time gold medal Olympic coach is telling me something I shut up and listen. Didn't the kid say afterward it was a mistake? Why is everyone mad at Coach K?

showboating for a baseball player to get a base hit or home run in the top of the 9th up by 5? Or should they just watch the pitches?

Bzzzzt. Wrong.

As a Cuse fan though, I will say this is all very shocking.

Rooting for Cuse going forward. But from 12 minutes to 6 minutes., the refs gave them the game. It's not a bad thing for Cuse fans to admit what just happened.

Rooting for Cuse going forward. But from 12 minutes to 6 minutes., the refs gave them the game. It's not a bad thing for Cuse fans to admit what just happened.

I have no problem admitting anything. I just don't agree with you.

I have no problem admitting anything. I just don't agree with you.

Of course you don't. You're a Cuse fan.

The refs swallowed their whistles on one end. It happens.

Uva didn't adjust to the refs.

don't go ice cold from the court then

Right. Play to the new rules.

don't go ice cold from the court then

Right. Play to the new rules.

Of course you don't. You're a Cuse fan.

The refs swallowed their whistles on one end. It happens.

Uva didn't adjust to the refs.

When have I ever not admitted to poor calls? I've been here a looooong time. I admit it all the time for the Skins. I simply don't agree :ols:

Huge uva fan and refs were fine. Perrantes let too many open shots pass in the 2nd half, brogdon was non existent and forced too much and Wilkins couldnt handle that interior zone offensively against that defense. Tobey showed up with weak play down low and wasn't physical like most of the year outside of the last 3 weeks. Tried forcing too many fast breaks once the zone was beaten and should have pulled the ball out to set the offense especially with the leads during that time.

Huge uva fan and refs were fine. Perrantes let too many open shots pass in the 2nd half, brogdon was non existent and forced too much and Wilkins couldnt handle that interior zone offensively against that defense. Tobey showed up with weak play down low and wasn't physical like most of the year outside of the last 3 weeks. Tried forcing too many fast breaks once the zone was beaten and should have pulled the ball out to set the offense especially with the leads during that time.

Yeah. I was pulling for UVA too. Boeheim turned up the heat and Bennett wilted...and not the first time that's happened in March, either.

Oh well...

Yeah. I was pulling for UVA too. Boeheim turned up the heat and Bennett wilted...and not the first time that's happened in March, either.

Oh well...

wouldnt say Bennett wilted. Opportunities were there, poor execution. Had open shots and fast break opportunities. They just happened to be for some of our secondary players in hall and Thompson who couldn't handle or think on the best decision on their feet but didn't really have anyone else to go to. Would have liked to seen shayok out there more during those situations though

Listen son UVA is streaky and I saw them at the ACC Tournament Final against UNC. They were in it against UNC. But then they just started shooting bricks all over because UNC clamped down. Syracuse made their defensive adjustments and shut UVA down. Don't get me wrong. UVA is good and plays defense well. I am neutral towards UVA and don't hate them as much as a Tech boy should. But come on, UVA went ice cold from the floor, just like they did against UNC. Don't be so eager to blame the refs for everything when UVA just collapsed because they couldn't hit ****. 

I also saw UNC - Notre Dame and saw UNC just obliterate them and I expect similar things to happen tonight. 

All props to Syracuse. Let's be honest though, they haven't had the toughest road to the Final 4. Dayton, Middle Tennessee State, Gonzaga, Virginia.

Can't help who you play.

It is true their opponents were less than impressive, until today. You can't take that away from them. UVA is legit and they just had a massive comeback on them.

I couldn't believe they did that, I went to SU so obviously was watching...their combination of older and younger players this year has been working great during the tourney, because they all are playing with their heads and you can really see them feeding off each other in crunch time.  The only major mistake during the final run was gbinije shooting that one 3 way too fast.  That's why I feel like their run while is obviously flukey given the overall circumstances, their actual play seems perfect for surviving the NCAA tourney.  They are hitting key shots, but they are making these games by driving to the basket, rebounding, FTs, with tough D, not just flukey shooting %. 

UNC will probably eat them alive but this is one of the most satisfying mere "final 4" berths I can think of... Normally I can't understand what the hoopla of getting only to the final 4 is but this almost feels acceptable.  I guess being a 10 seed makes it feel more like house money, but yea I'll clearly be pissed when they lose.

Good run though

Archived