Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015-2016 NCAA Basketball Thread - non-team-specific - NOW OFFICIAL 2016 MARCH MADNESS THREAD

PleaseBlitz

SHOCKED that they bail Duke out with a foul.

WElcome to Cameron. This has been going on for at least 5 decades. Why do you think Duke never loses at Cameron indoor? 

Also today was Coach K's birthday so happy birthday legend

Doesn't matter, they gonna get that ass stomped by my Tarheels next Wed. :D

The same tarheels that lost to Louisville? 

Atmosphere here is nothing like I've seen. Pretty incredible

I was trying to scan the crowd, were you wearing BnG? There was a flash of it, LOL

Duke does lose at home, lately we've lost every ****in' where

Hate is strong here. Relax, fellas. We don't stand a chance against ANYBODY. Just like against Arizona a couple years back...we're gonna get waxed in the tourney.

I love my team, and root hard hard hard...but we're not good.

And NOW, all of a sudden, people wanna go back to the rule in the Naismith book...ONE STEP. ONE. Y'all wouldn't think your own players taking 2, plus one for the shot is a travel...seriously...Jordan did it ALL THE TIME...saw him do 4-5 along the baseline his entire career...I think he got 3 calls.

And btw, how Ingram gets away with palming the ball<yes, my player I'm talkin' about here>I'll never know. He clearly does, my husband brought that up yesterday...AGAIN.

I'm a rational Duke fan, for cryin' out loud. ;)

And NOW, all of a sudden, people wanna go back to the rule in the Naismith book...ONE STEP. ONE. Y'all wouldn't think your own players taking 2, plus one for the shot is a travel...seriously...Jordan did it ALL THE TIME...saw him do 4-5 along the baseline his entire career...I think he got 3 calls.

And btw, how Ingram gets away with palming the ball<yes, my player I'm talkin' about here>I'll never know. He clearly does, my husband brought that up yesterday...AGAIN.

I'm a rational Duke fan, for cryin' out loud. ;)

I, nor a lot of Hoos fans really care that much about the extra step coming through the paint. The issue comes with the fact that he landed before he let the ball go. There is clear evidence of that. I think there's also something to be said about the fact that Allen alone shot 11 FTs and UVa's entire team took 9. I think the notion about Shayok possibly fouling Allen when he went up is debatable. There was contact made, but Allen also threw an elbow and ****ed his head back. But again, the only part in regards to the refs, Duke, and any and all of the hooplah surrounding that game was the fact that his foot came back to the floor before he let the ball go.

The lesson learned here though isn't "Oh we got robbed!!" or "Duke is favored by officials and Coach K got a break on his bday!!". That stuff is lame. Stop. What holds true regardless of anything, is that you have to leave no doubt. None. You can't let that game come down to one point. Doesn't matter if it's Duke, or MidWestern Rhode Island Polytechnical State Junior Community College University. Leave no doubt.

Congrats on your win. I hope we get another crack at y'all in the ACC Tourney.

Let's go Hoos.

You assuredly know b-ball...when you drive to the hoop, you're going to get more calls than if you don't.

Coach K finally has a kid that will put his FACE on the line. All of his body...everything. He's going to face you again, have no doubt.

We haven't had a "Wojo" in many years...someone who fights for everything, every ball, all day, every day.

And that "step" was only the 2nd, not a third going for the shot while in traffic...Or do you really want to go back to ONE STEP? Seriously people...study the rules before you wanna do this.

Rules say nothing about "third step taken while shooting". They don't. I'd disqualify half of the last century's winners if it did.

Like I said though, I'm not worried about the number of steps. Maybe I should've worded that differently to not insinuate I think he took more steps than generally allowed. Sorry about that.

The only part about the play that I consider suspect enough for it to be ruled the other way is the fact that his foot came back down to the floor before he let the ball go. That's it. Anything else is nitpicking in my opinion.

It was definitely and without doubt 3 steps.  He was also fouled, so it's a wash.  

Meh, I think that's debatable. If you watch in slow motion you see him throw an elbow at Shayok and his(Allen) head go back.

But still, 3 steps prior or not. That still doesn't take away from the fact that his foot was on the floor. That alone should discount the shot.

Didn't think it was a foul, didn't think he traveled either.  Honestly, they were probably more concerned at looking at his release as the buzzer went off than his foot.  Which is why it was missed.  I'd say they might catch that one during a game, but not in all the craziness, especially at the end of the game with it on the line.

Granted, you would expect them to, but it's easy to say that watching from home and after the fact on replay.  Not agreeing or disagreeing with you JP, just posting my take on it.  I can honestly say, real time watching it, I didn't think about the foot going down, it happened so fast.  After the replays I caught it, but I was then looking at everything, not just if the shot got off in time, etc.

We were watching the game at the bar in the PNC arena. Smallish TV from 20 feet away. I'd say most of the crowd said his foot came down before he released the shot. That was prior to the replay that confirmed his foot was down before he released the ball.

We were watching the game at the bar in the PNC arena. Smallish TV from 20 feet away. I'd say most of the crowd said his foot came down before he released the shot. That was prior to the replay that confirmed his foot was down before he released the ball.

I didn't catch it live.  But I was focusing more on his release.  Or I'm just old lol

Archived