Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015-2016 NCAA Basketball Thread - non-team-specific - NOW OFFICIAL 2016 MARCH MADNESS THREAD

PleaseBlitz

I was looking at the same thing initially Taze. When I saw the light come on after the release I just hung my head and let the salt and sad flow through me lol. I was also watching with my cousin who's a big Duke fan who had just ran upstairs to celebrate then come down as to not bring me down too bad. NCAA basketball is really the only sport he and I don't root for the same team. Then Facebook, Twitter, and the like of the UVa pages I follow all started flooding with pictures of his foot on the floor.

Like I've said numerous times, that's the ONLY aspect of that play that I feel we got robbed about. Everything else was really just "Meh, sometimes you get the call. Sometimes you don't." But with replay, that crew should've gotten that right.

Regardless, I hope we get another crack at y'all in DC.

Taze, you'll hear from me next week :)

• 3 weeks later...

Been very busy at the ACC tournament at Verizon lately so sorry I haven't been able to comment much but I tell you they're putting on a damn good show there.

All top four seeds won last night. Setting up top heavy semifinals. Witnessed ND storm back from 16 down. Never seen a crowd that worked up going against duke. Loud cheers and clapping from partisan Carolina fans. 90% of Verizon was Carolina blue lol

Lmao.

They have acc moments at the tournament which they show on the screen. Every team has a highlight.

They showed the Grayson Allen travel and the whole Carolina partisan crowd started booing. One fan in front of me drew up a sign "Grayson traveled" and put it over the level 400 glass for the arena to see.

Again if you like college basketball make your way to a tournament sometime. It's just an amazing environment. Surrounded by alumni from all different schools.

I was actually kinda mad Duke lost. I wanted the Hoos to get another crack at them bad.

I wanted duke unc tonight and UVA Virginia Tech unfortunately that didn't happen

Carolina and Virginia probably winning tonight. Then Carolina wins the ACC title.

Lmao.

They have acc moments at the tournament which they show on the screen. Every team has a highlight.

They showed the Grayson Allen travel and the whole Carolina partisan crowd started booing. One fan in front of me drew up a sign "Grayson traveled" and put it over the level 400 glass for the arena to see.

Again if you like college basketball make your way to a tournament sometime. It's just an amazing environment. Surrounded by alumni from all different schools.

I wanted duke unc tonight and UVA Virginia Tech unfortunately that didn't happen

Carolina and Virginia probably winning tonight. Then Carolina wins the ACC title.

I went to 5 tourneys, 2 in Charlotte & 3 in Greensboro.  Little ol' Wake Forest ladies yelling at referees is one of things I'll remember till I die!  Only time I saw Duke win it was over UNC in '99.

And boo hiss on the final...GO HOOS!

That was nuts.

Wvu kid should have missed his ft on purpose.

What an ending

Yeah i was saying miss it once he missed the first one.

WVU fan is synonymous with heartbreak. When heilds shot went in, i just immediately filed it with Miami 96, vick 99, Michael Paulino, pitt 07 and all the rest. I almost turned the tv off i wouldn't have know until the morning.

I watched the end of that game. What a crazy ending. First it was WVU blowing a comfortable lead, the. Once that happened, it was like neither team wanted to win. Both teams with bad possessions the last few minutes. And that big guy from Oklahoma not only missing 3 free throws, but air balling the last one so badly, I don't even think it hit the net. I know on the WVU defensive side, that's how they want to play. But their offensive execution was awful. That is until Paige hit that clutch pull up jumper that eventually won it. That was a big shot especially when the offense had been mostly dormant the past several minutes.

The. Oklahoma missing a layup. I mean, how badly did they not want to win. Then of course that unbelievably amazing shot by Hield. What an unbelievable way to end the game. Except he didn't. Even when they made a clutch shot it doesn't count. Kudos to the WVU defenders on that play though. They made him have to adjust his shot. If he doesn't have to adjust, he gets it off in time. Crazy.

This game today should be great. I think Kansas is locked into a 1 seed no matter what. I also think West Virginia will be a 2 seed no matter what. Maybe they vault to a 1 if UVA beats UNC, and if Seton Hall beats Villanova, and Utah beats Oregon. But I think the best bet for them is a 2.

Redskin, both teams executed on the offensive end pretty well in the first half. It did get ugly towards the end.

I hate how the story in the media is all about buddy hields shot. The real story is the shutdown defense played on him by Daxter miles. Hield made one field goal the entire game. Paige jumper with 11 seconds left was clutch, and is barely mentioned.

Archived