Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Game Day & Coverage Thread- NFC EAST CHAMPION #Redskins at Cowboys FINAL

TK

Will Compton has been a beast the last few weeks.

Yesterday especially.

Yup, he's been awesome.  Who would have thought, from undrafted free agent, to getting rest in the final game because he is so important to the Defense! That's how far he has come.  Really has made an impact.

Also, for this game, kudos to Ty Nsekhe - he held up just fine, especially considering he was going up against Hardy.

Yup, he's been awesome.  Who would have thought, from undrafted free agent, to getting rest in the final game because he is so important to the Defense! That's how far he has come.  Really has made an impact.

Also, for this game, kudos to Ty Nsekhe - he held up just fine, especially considering he was going up against Hardy.

Nsekhe  keep Hardy from getting his bonus money by not allowing him a sack and i think it was a good amount of money on the table for Hardy !!

Did DJax come on the field at all yesterday?

Nsekhe  keep Hardy from getting his bonus money by not allowing him a sack and i think it was a good amount of money on the table for Hardy !!

2 sacks would of netted Hardy $500,000.  4 sacks would of netted him $1,000,000.

Nsekhe said not happening. :)

Naysayers can complain all they want about how the NFCE sucks, and how we won by default, but at the end of the day, the NFCE is once again being represented in the playoffs by a team with a winning record, and one which has a net points margin of +9. And that's despite a bunch of injuries, so it's not like Dallas was the only team to go through that.

Btw Buffalo finished 8-8, New Orleans finished 7-9, and STL also finished 7-9, so these were no slouches whom we beat. Philly finished 7-9, but they lost to us twice, meaning that they were 7-7 against all of their other opponents, and they had some improbable wins. Again, no slouches.

Just FYI (nothing against you, just pushing your thinking a bit further)

Green Bay beat 3 teams with a W record: Minnesota, Seattle and Kansas City. Though Kansas City and Seattle were week 3 & 2.

Seattle, 3 teams also, Pittsburgh, Minnesota and Arizona on a holiday.

Carolina 4 teams (Green Bay, Seattle, Houston and us).

Minnesota 2, Kansas City and Green Bay yesterday.

Arizona 4 teams also, Cincinnati, Green Bay, Seattle and Minnesota.

All those teams spend their whole seasons beating teams that have to be beat. We just did the exact same thing.

This is a good place for this: (enjoy, NC21 and many others)  :D

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/redskinsblog/how-redskins-backup-denied-greg-hardy-big-bonus-sunday?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

How a Redskins backup denied Greg Hardy a big bonus on Sunday

Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman Greg Hardy was set to collect a $500,000 bonus if he registered two sacks against Washington on Sunday. 

Pro Bowl left tackle Trent Williams was rested with Week 17 meaning nothing for the playoff race, meaning that veteran backup Ty Nsekhe was the only man standing between the controversial Hardy and a half-million dollars. 

Hardy had one tackle and no sacks on Sunday with the 6-8, 325-pound Nsekhe in his way. Bonus denied.

In an interview with CSN during Redskins Postgame Live, following Washington's 34-23 victory over Dallas, Nsekhe told Chick Hernandez that he did in fact have Hardy's bonus in mind. 

"

[Offensive line coach Bill] Callahan did notify me of that Friday and said, 'Don't let him get that bonus on you,'" he recalled with a smile. "So that was good motivation for me."

WTG coach Bill, who I sometimes call "Matt" in brainfart mode (closest I get to beast mode)

and then on the other side of player character---along with beasly, one of their players I admire and "spotted" right from the beginning as a 'find" for them, is this guy:

http://news.yahoo.com/cowboys-linebacker-gave-2-million-231204070.html?nf=1

Cowboys linebacker gave up $2 million bonus because he didn't want to 'disrespect' his teammates and coaches

"It was me who decided to not play," he told the media. "It didn't feel like I was going to be effective enough to help the football team ... If I had a couple extra days I probably could've played, but it was completely my decision I felt like I was not going to be effective and not going to be able to help the team."

In making the decision to not play, Lee said he didn't want to "disrespect" his teammates and coaches by playing at less than 100%.

"I'm not going to disrespect my teammates and my coaches and be out there not playing the right way," Lee said.

He didn't seem concerned with the contract situation, saying that he has a "fantastic contract" and noting that owner Jerry Jones has been "very patient" with Lee despite this very circumstance:injuries.

Yeah, the thing about Clay Matthews is he won't always be going up against the LT.

Yeah I know.

Put him at Mike... we'll shift to where he has to cover Reed.

Put him over Moses and we'll chip him.

If he comes up the middle, Lichtensteiger will be back.

I'm not sweating Clay Matthews.

Yeah I know.

Put him at Mike... we'll shift to where he has to cover Reed.

Put him over Moses and we'll chip him.

If he comes up the middle, Lichtensteiger will be back.

I'm not sweating Clay Matthews.

Can you please text McVay?

Thanks.

And, the GB defense has exactly 2 people to worry about: Clay and Peppers.  Peppers should be a non-factor against our OT.  Matthews moves around.  You've got to account for him, especially when he's inside.

BUT, you should be able to account for 2 guys.  The other 9 are really just guys.  Give Kirk a couple seconds to throw, he will torch this defense.  

I don't see a lot of success running the ball though...

Wouldn't that have been something?

Before the season started, it was speculated that Jay Gruden was on the hottest hot seat in the NFC East.

Now, the Eagles and Giants are head coach-less, and the media actually had to go to Jones and ask him if Garrett's job was safe.

Meanwhile, it is now Gruden who looks to have the strongest situation in the NFC East.

That is irony. :)

Wouldn't that have been something?

Before the season started, it was speculated that Jay Gruden was on the hottest hot seat in the NFC East.

Now, the Eagles and Giants are head coach-less, and the media actually had to go to Jones and ask him if Garrett's job was safe.

Meanwhile, it is now Gruden who looks to have the strongest situation in the NFC East.

That is irony. :)

Not irony. Just the way an NFL season can go. Tough to to too sure about anything over the course of an NFL season. A team can go on a bad losing streak and lose a coach. **** happens.

This is a good place for this: (enjoy, NC21 and many others)  :D

How a Redskins backup denied Greg Hardy a big bonus on Sunday

Nsekhe is a real good surprise, he filled in for Trent and didn't allowed a sack (stats). He's just a piece of the fantastic job Bill Callahan is doing with our OL. He managed to make them cut the sacks allowed from 58 to 27.

Sunday, 440 kickoff.

Didn't watch the WHOLE game, but I believe Green Bay did not give a touchdown up on defense.

That's how they roll. Sneaky good at not allowing scores on defense.

As long as it's not Baker on offense :lol:

I watched just a few minutes of the first quarter and saw Bridgewater overthrow two wide open receivers streaking down the field

Sneaky or lucky I guess

They have a #47 at CB that might be the worst professional football player I have ever seen on television. Let's hope he is playing

They have a #47 at CB that might be the worst professional football player I have ever seen on television. Let's hope he is playing

Damn really?

Because we've had like hundreds of those kind of guys that used to be the worst professional football player playing for us. So that tells lot about this guy.

Then, nothing personal Zoony, but if you're able to see it. I bet Jay, Sean and Kirk will see it, and they'll line up Pierre or DJax on him all day.

Hmmm just checked...#47 is Jake Ryan is a Rookie LB. He was playing CB? Seriously (I drafted him in our mock draft last year)? (btw never knew you could have LBs with numbers in the forties...)

I watched just a few minutes of the first quarter and saw Bridgewater overthrow two wide open receivers streaking down the field

Sneaky or lucky I guess

Difficult to put a lot of stock in division games.

They've been difficult to score on throughout the season.  They'll let you move the ball on them, though.

I'm hoping, with our weapons, that someone will be open.

I saw that too and thought to my self, Kirk doesn't miss those throws. Not during the second part of the season anyway. It happens, I get it. But our guy is not missing those throws right now let's hope it keeps up.

I saw that too and thought to my self, Kirk doesn't miss those throws. Not during the second part of the season anyway. It happens, I get it. But our guy is not missing those throws right now let's hope it keeps up.

Bridgewater's delivery is BAD.  Like, actively bad.  And it causes him to be inaccurate, especially deep.

Cousins is 10 times the QB that Bridgewater is RIGHT NOW, and our weapons are better than their weapons.  

I really think we should be able to put up 35 points.  

Just have to make sure that Rodgers doesn't have a "HOF application game" where he avoids a sack 7 times (on 1 play), and then heaves a bomb down field on a dime to a guy who's just breaking open.

Because, believe me, he CAN do that.  And will.  Probably more than once.  Just gotta limit those plays...

Archived