Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Game Day & Coverage Thread- NFC EAST CHAMPION #Redskins at Cowboys FINAL

TK

EF7DB2AF-9FA7-4E09-AECA-8355801B821B.png

Kirk Cousins & The Sunshine Band

World Tour LIVE Today at AT&T Stadium

Gottdamn what a season.

And now, it feels weird to have the Redskins playing at Dallas already having clinched the NFC East Title. It's been three years since this team has played meaningful football in December. This is something we all can get used to again. Though for some of you, this could be your first time around.

Since the beginning of Free Agency it's made it nearly impossible to build a dynasty. Sure, the Pats come to mind but who else? Sure the 9ers & the Cowboys had a few good runs in the 90's. But that's about it & those runs latest for maybe 3-5 years.

This could be the beginning of things coming full circle & balance being restored to the East. "Loosen up Sandy baby" has been replaced by the battle cry of "YOU LIKE THAT!"

The Redskins started off this season unable to win on the road until they squeaked by the Bears at Soldier Field & then demolished the Eagles at the Linc to clinch the NFC East Championship. On the flip side, the Cowboys haven't won a home game since Week 1 against the Giants. During the same time span, Nick Saban' Crimson Tide has won two games here at AT&T Stadium. That's right. A college team has more wins in Jerruh's house then his own team does.

Bottom line here is its pick your poison for Dallas. Their fans want to sweep us. We win, they don't get the sweep. They win, they totally **** their Draft pick.

79EC9982-CDC1-4516-97FA-0B10B6093B96_zps

ANNOUNCEMENT OF INACTIVES

ARLINGTON, Texas – The Washington Redskins have announced the following inactives and lineup changes for today’s game against the Dallas Cowboys:

The Redskins declared the following players as inactive:

o No. 10 QB Robert Griffin III

o No. 31 RB Matt Jones

o No. 38 S Dashon Goldson

o No. 47 CB Quinton Dunbar

o No. 56 LB Perry Riley, Jr.

o No. 71 T Trent Williams

o No. 97 DE Jason Hatcher

No. 30 Kyshoen Jarrett is expected to start in place of Goldson at safety.

No. 54 Mason Foster is expected to start in place of Riley at linebacker.

No. 79 Ty Nsekhe is expected to start in place of Williams at tackle.

No. 99 Ricky Jean Francois is expected to start in place of Hatcher at defensive end.

B1FAC1E4-EDEB-4FA8-AC09-1301C7F208AF_zps

A few observations so far. Stone Cold used to do the Pre Game rah rah jumbo torn speech. He's been replaced by Micheal Irvin. Dallas has ripped off the Terrible Towel, their version of it is white. Dallas went a quick 3 & out. Dallas' D still giving the Skins O problems. Skins seem to be trying to attack the edge/sideline so far their opening drive.

After a shaky opening drive, it's been nothing but grinning like seeing the Star Wars trailer for the first time. :) Just total DOMINATION by the Offense & the Defense. Skins started capitalizing on turnovers & getting touchdowns off of them. It's a beautiful thing to watch your team impose its will on a rival & they can't do a thing to stop it.

ADD28997-A7A8-4509-98C5-CEEDB115D71A_zps

Dallas pulls a fake punt for a spark and it quickly goes to 24-14 Redskins at the half. If we're not careful we could end up getting TCU'd.

9DD1816B-30F4-4E33-A717-26A8B277C090_zps

Midway into the 3rd Skins start to run, run, run the ball. This controls the clock & helps to calm McCoy down so he can try to get into a rhythm. Which works after has one batted & nearly picked off, he hits a screen to Crowdar Chowdar for a Third down conversion. Nice job of shaking off a bad play & making one when needed. Skins continue to run it with Morris & CT. Third down again & Grant gets called for offensive PI in the end zone. Not good as it leaves 4 points on the field. The Skins take the easy 3 points. 14 plays 84 yards, 8 minutes & change on that drive for only 3 points. The positive here is they used up over 8 minutes of clock.

30FD2FCB-B56B-4D58-96BD-F40CADF990CE_zps

3 play 71 yard under 2 minute touchdown drive to Ross says well we've run so much clock off already, lets mess with them for the quick strike. :D 34-14 to start the 4th, Skins in the drivers seat. And Dallas hits an immediate strike to Williams. Twice. And then Kellen Moore goes back into Suck Mode, can't find a WR & throws it out the end zone, completes next one to Beasely, incomplete again, and picked off by Blakmon at the 1. Morris stopped in the end zone for a Safey. 34-16 Redskins with 12:16 to go.

9FD0D656-3C83-4AD7-9DF4-1E3AB43D54A0_zps

The comedic gold here continues into the 4th. Moore goes 3 & out in the Red Zone with the final attempt complete to McFadden who fumbles out the back of the end zone, Skins ball at the 20. Alf straight don the sideline for 23 yards. Local Dallas guys behind me in the box are just hanging their heads at how BAD this Cowboys team is. They're 0-8 so far on 3rd down conversions. Make that 1-9 on 3rd down conversions.

F3ADEE24-09A3-4BDD-8804-AF7C7F35718B_zps

With 4:27 left, Dallas is back in the Red Zone where e they've struggled all day at. Two incompletions & then finally they manage to score 6 with a TD. 34-23 Redskins with 4:18 left to go. Skins recover the onside kick and are at midfield. With 4:16 to go, they start running it again. Skins convert a 4th & 2 after Dallas burns their last time out. Skins run it again to take it to the 2 Minute Warning where they'll run the clock & take a knee, making Colt McCoy the only QB that Gruden has had to win here in Dallas.

A12F5B14-5751-4F9E-A2BA-11F6F9ECD78B_zps

NFC EAST CHAMPION REDSKINS 34

Dallas cowboys 23

72750DF8-F44F-4622-8C30-D1FB30662C6A_zps

CLICK HERE for the ES Photo Album

Nice editing job on that updated video. I am impressed and jacked now! :)

For those who like to chat during the game I have a new chat room setup. The old was having some serious issues and it was time to move away from it.

Here is the link to the new chat room: http://www.chatzy.com/49069663928937

After you login make sure to click on JOIN CHAT button on the bottom right of the chat room or else you will just see us chatting it up. We don't want that now do we. :D

HTTR!!! GO SKINS!!!

No meaningless game here, we need to win this to finish with a winning record and keep the positive momentum going into the playoffs. Dallas was in the exact position last year that we are in today when they came to FedEx for the season finale with the division already locked up. They played their starters, whooped our tails and went into the playoffs playing their best ball. We need this today and I want us to beat these punks like a champ beats a sparring partner.

Just got back from church. Said some prayers for a little Divine aid. Now its time to get some coffee and put on the burgundy and gold for today's mudhole stomping!

Hail. You like that!

Just saw that last post was 666 and decided not to stop there, LOL

I'm not going to say "whatever happens the next two games, it's all awesome..." like any notable backslide that happens shouldn't matter---because if the play level drops substantially/inexplicably it certainly should matter.

However, I am going to say we already have over-achieved IMO. The Giants and the Eagles had the same chance to take the division with sure-winner <cough> Dallas getting hurt so crucially. They didn't do it and had more roster talent and fewer major obstacles (arguable I guess re: the chipster) IMV to deal with than we did. But Jay and Kirk and Scot and Barry and McVay et al and the Redskins players did it.

Thanks to all those guys---you sure made the season so much more positive than so many expected.  B)

Beat Dallas.

Looking ahead, I expect everything will be harder next year. We will need to maintain improvement and add quite a bit in many areas. Way more left to work on than there is "well, we got that nailed."

Bottom line here is its pick your poison for Dallas. Their fans want to sweep us. We win, they don't get the sweep. They win, they totally **** their Draft pick.

The week they beat us was meaningless for us, but it moved them out of the picks 1-4 range.  A meaningless win today for them could put them in the picks 6-8 range.  I'm not wasting any time figuring out more detail than that.  It just feels like we win either way because we're in the playoffs.  

I think the best pick we can get is the 25th, but I'm hoping for 31st (Pats don't get one).

I'm not going to say "whatever happens the next two games, it's all awesome..." like any notable backslide that happens shouldn't matter---because if the play level drops substantially/inexplicably it certainly should matter.

However, I am going to say we already have over-achieved IMO. The Giants and the Eagles had the same chance to take the division with sure-winner <cough> Dallas getting hurt so crucially. They didn't do it and had more roster talent and fewer major obstacles (arguable I guess re: the chipster) IMV to deal with than we did. But Jay and Kirk and Scot and Barry and McVay et al and the Redskins players did it.

It really feels like the train is finally on the tracks.  This record was expected, the division title was not.  Everything I hoped for this season has happened with Kirk, Jay, McVay, and Scot.  Joe Barry has exceeded my expectations for sure.

Archived