Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WARNING GRAPHIC: Deadspin publishes photos and detailed back story about Greg Hardy's assult

Alaskins

WARNING:  The link  has very graphic photos of Greg's Hardy's former girlfriend's injuries

Barefoot and frightened, Nicole Holder walked as fast as she could through the darkness, and the moment she saw the cops she ran. She headed west on Fifth Street toward North Church, away from the Charlotte., N.C., apartment of Greg Hardy, a star defensive end then with the NFL’s Carolina Panthers. Minutes earlier he had, she said, thrown her against a tile bathtub wall, tossed her on a futon covered in assault rifles, and choked her until she told him to “kill me so I don’t have to.”

http://deadspin.com/this-is-why-nfl-star-greg-hardy-was-arrested-for-assaul-1739117634?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

I'm kind of at a loss for words.  This guy doesn't belong anywhere but JAIL.  And ol' Jerrah called him a Leader....  SMH

despicable

I mean we all know he was a terrible human being before but this just raises the level now. How he can play in the NFL while Ray Rice was basically suspended for the year is beyond me. This Goodell doesno't know ****. He really doesn't. He just makes up punishment as he goes along. His punishments have no consistency at all. This guy deflated a ball (never was proven). 4 games. Ray Rice beat a woman. 2 games. And so on. 

If Goodell had any pride he'd just quit now and leave the justice to someone else.

I think too many people will dismiss her claims because she was essentially bought off but she seems terrified of the guy ... takes unusual  strength for someone to stand up to a guy like Hardy and as the article says it is a horrible reality that when she said it doesn't matter what she says or if she goes to the police nothing will happen to him... 

http://pro32.ap.org/article/jerry-jones-backs-hardy-photos-surface-domestic-case

Jerry Jones backs Hardy as photos surface in domestic case

Dallas owner Jerry Jones is showing support for Greg Hardy after photos of the bruised ex-girlfriend from the defensive end's domestic violence case were released by Deadspin.

Jones said Friday the team had not seen the photos before signing Hardy as a free agent in March. But Jones says the Cowboys were "aware of the serious nature of the incident" and were giving Hardy "a second chance."

As he was leaving the locker room Friday, Hardy ignored a reporter who asked repeatedly if he wanted to address the release of the photos showing various injuries to Nicole Holder.

Hardy was convicted by a judge over the 2014 incident in North Carolina, but the case was tossed on appeal when Holder couldn't be located to testify.

I think too many people will dismiss her claims because she was essentially bought off but she seems terrified of the guy ... takes unusual strength for someone to stand up to a guy like Hardy and as the article says it is a horrible reality that when she said it doesn't matter what she says or if she goes to the police nothing will happen to him...

Well to be fair, something was going to happen to him until she didn't show up. So nothing happening is on her. Maybe she got intimidated, maybe she got paid off, either way him not getting punished is in her.

You guys shouldn't be surprised at this.  In the NFL, it's obvious that winning trumps EVERYTHING.  They can have their "No More" campaign, but it's all a charade at the end of the day.  Greg Hardy is on a roster because he's immensely talented.  Wanna compare him to Ray Rice?  You can't.  Rice isn't on a roster because he's washed. 

Word is she got $10 mil. Can't really blame her

despicable

I mean we all know he was a terrible human being before but this just raises the level now. How he can play in the NFL while Ray Rice was basically suspended for the year is beyond me. This Goodell doesno't know ****. He really doesn't. He just makes up punishment as he goes along. His punishments have no consistency at all. This guy deflated a ball (never was proven). 4 games. Ray Rice beat a woman. 2 games. And so on.

If Goodell had any pride he'd just quit now and leave the justice to someone else.

This one is on the union. Goodell at least tried to give him 10 games. Union appealed and fought it down to 44 through an arbitrator. Goodell isn't the Fuhrer. There is a CBA

So a bunch of degenerates drink, use cocaine and say, "he hasn't seen crazy, yet!" to start the night and I'm to think this is the moral crisis of our time?

Meanwhile dudes are killing themselves after playing the game and we want to virtue signal? If Hardy got into a fight with a 5-4 slender man, no one would care, even if he beat the hell out of him worse than this.

These women cleat chase and not even a Jon Jansen or Art Monk type and I'm supposed to care about the predictable outcomes? It's like a man dating a stripper and being outraged that she uses drugs and has borderline personality disorder.

Bleep the Cowboys, bleep Greg Hardy, bleep the NFLPA and bleep the blather about domestic violence within the moral leper colony that is the NFL and its fans.

Remember Fred Lane.

Word is she got $10 mil. Can't really blame her

This one is on the union. Goodell at least tried to give him 10 games. Union appealed and fought it down to 44 through an arbitrator. Goodell isn't the Fuhrer. There is a CBA

Florio last night seemed to indicate that the union didn't have the option legally of not appealing. If they're going to be a union, they don't have the option of being discriminating. But my understanding of labor law ended in undergrad, so I'm taking Florio's word for it.

These cases always reveal the rampant misogyny that exists out there... there are literally hundreds of posts on cowboyszone.com calling her a gold digger, whore, etc.

Though, "cleat chaser" is a new one.  Thanks for that Ghost.  

In this case, specifically, I'm not sure what the league can do.  I do think it's just a matter of time before Hardy gets into something else, though.  Putting a pure sociopath's mind into a 300 pound hulking body and giving him $20 million dollars is never going to end quietly.

So many dudes on this site have been hurt deeply by someone.

I don't want the NFL trying to be a quasi-legal system. So, I don't really want them banning players for off-field incidents. I don't mind teams signing criminals, but I just wish they were honest about it.

"The guy is a grizzly bear so we signed him. The end."

So many dudes on this site have been hurt deeply by someone.

I don't want the NFL trying to be a quasi-legal system. So, I don't really want them banning players for off-field incidents. I don't mind teams signing criminals, but I just wish they were honest about it.

"The guy is a grizzly bear so we signed him. The end."

It certainly bothers me.  There's no way I'd be cheering Hardy if the Redskins had signed him. 

By the way, if Greg Hardy had beaten the hell out of a 5'4'' man, he probably would have done some jail time AND certainly would have lost his ass in a civil suit. So, I'm not sure what the argument there is.

Alos, my guess is that most people are more upset by his utter lack of remorse than anything else. We crave the public celebrity apology, and we ain't getting it here.

By the way, if Greg Hardy had beaten the hell out of a 5'4'' man, he probably would have done some jail time AND certainly would have lost his ass in a civil suit. So, I'm not sure what the argument there is.

Alos, my guess is that most people are more upset by his utter lack of remorse than anything else. We crave the public celebrity apology, and we ain't getting it here.

I love that. As if an apology would change anything about what he did or who he is, anyway.

These cases always reveal the rampant misogyny that exists out there... there are literally hundreds of posts on cowboyszone.com calling her a gold digger, whore, etc.

You should read the transcript of his appeal hearing with the NFL. Deadspin posted it yesterday. No lie, that was basically his defense. That she's a slut and she even gave him head after he beat the **** out of her (my wife left me and we were still hooking up two years later. The gf before that, I treated like absolute **** when I dumped her (seriously one of my biggest regrets of all time and arguably my biggest moral failing. And that's saying something), that was 10 years ago, she's married and I could still get a hook up if I wanted. Just one of those things. If you've been with a girl once, you can almost always get with them again if you play it right.)

Anyway, let me find the link real quick and I'll post it. It's such an absurd hearing.

Archived