Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WARNING GRAPHIC: Deadspin publishes photos and detailed back story about Greg Hardy's assult

Alaskins

By the way, if Greg Hardy had beaten the hell out of a 5'4'' man, he probably would have done some jail time AND certainly would have lost his ass in a civil suit. So, I'm not sure what the argument there is.

My guess is it has a lot to do with why people believe she associated herself with him to begin with. They assume she was with him for his money or fame where that same assumption wouldn't be the case with said 5'4 man.

If they can find something less than flattering to assign to her it's easier to negate the fact that she's still a human. It's sad that we can so easily rationalize things like this to ourselves. Even assuming the worst about her motives for being with him doesn't pardon him.

I don't say these things as one of these shining knights on here acting like it's never ok to touch a woman. I'm firmly in the camp of "if she swings at you like a man, defend yourself like she's a man." But this is so far beyond a guy defending himself. You don't choke-slam someone on a futon of assault rifles if you're just defending yourself. The rest of his story is laughable at best and shows some pretty cold calculation.

I love that. As if an apology would change anything about what he did or who he is, anyway.

An apology (a real one, not one done as a PR stunt) would definitely define who he is.  There's a world of difference between a man who beats a woman and realizes he really, really screwed up and needs to make some serious amends, starting with an apology, and a man who beats a woman and thinks nothing of it.  

An apology (a real one, not one done as a PR stunt) would definitely define who he is. There's a world of difference between a man who beats a woman and realizes he really, really screwed up and needs to make some serious amends, starting with an apology, and a man who beats a woman and thinks nothing of it.

Maybe a slap/punch. But no, I wouldn't think anything of apology from someone who did what was described in those transcripts. Can't do it.

Speaks to deeper, darker issues in people. Issues that, for the most part imo, are incurable. The only world of difference in my eyes, is for the people for whom an apology is the be all end all.

Ive never been the type to take a simple apology at face value. I just see it as window dressing. I think the overhwelming majority of people mean what they say and do, which is why kind of smile at the people irate because he won't do it (again, as if that changes anything)

Thats just how I personally feel about it, anyways

Archived