Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's your most hated rival in the East?

Koolblue13

Who's your least favorite in the East?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your most hated rival in the East?

Cowboys because I'm 44 years old. Those games in the 70s and 80s. The Eagles haven't ever been good enough to matter at the level of "most hated". They don't deserve it.

I always respected the Giant teams of the 80s and early 90s. Joe Morris, Mark Bavaro. You didn't have to like losing to them but there wasn't much to hate. Parcells was Parcells but again, more respect than hate.

Being from Philly, when I was about 6 during a Cowboys Skins game, I asked my Grandfather who to route for. 

He said against Dallas. I didn't know he was an Eagles fan, so I learned everything I could about the Skins to impress him and lucky for me, it stuck.

It has to be dallas, and it's not even close. I dislike the eagles and giants, but I have a (probably unhealthy) hatred of the cowboys.

Back in the day I actually felt dirty because I had some respect for one of their players. Bill Bates was a hard-nosed safety who went undrafted and became the first guy to make the Pro-bowl as a special teams player.

Apart from my little man-crush on Bill, it's been pure hatred all the way.

My most hated rival?

Giants, and it's way, way, way, over the top of it.

Cowboys? Well, I want them to lose, but I hardly can say I hate them. I mean, I know we need them. We're so closely tied to them that I would hardly imagine life without the Cowboys. They are the aberration of the NFC East (or my geography sucks, which is a possibility). Jerruh is a pretty fun owner, just like old Al Davis. Notice him behind Greg Hardy or Brandon Weeden? Lovely.

Seriously, I just can't hate them. I don't really care what they do, and can easily root for them against Giants and Eagles. I love it when they lose, especially against us, but it's a rivalry I like really.

Giants, on the other hand. Can't stand them. They think they're better, because they're in NY. They think they can rule the world because they are the Giants... No way I'll root for them in any way, they got 2 SB just because of stupid luck (Norwood, and that hit on Montana in the NFCC/Tyree). And John Mara, obviously, Bill Parcells, even if I got respect for him as a great coach, is still part of the enemy.

Eagles are closely behind, due to Buddy Ryan, and now Chip Kelly, and the knack they had for running QB. The fact they so call themselves the town of brotherly loves, when all you see from them on the field is playing nasty. There's no brotherly love amongst them.

Yeah, Giants all the way up, I just can't stand seeing them at first place in the NFCE. Then Eagles, and Cowboys.

Honestly, if I had to do a whole list of the NFL, I wouldn't even put Cowboys at 30 (31 and 32 being Eagles and Giants, obviously). Teams like Seahawks, Ravens are having an edge on them. Maybe even Rams.

Honestly, I would have rather seen Dick Brady have a perfect season and shut up all those 1972 Dolphins Geezers, then to see ShEli and ****Mara lift another Lombardi. The 72 Dolphins played one of the weakest schedules of a SB Champion and if Sonny had played, we'd have a 4th Lombardi.

Many folks don't realize that the 72 Dolphins had to play the AFCCG on the road against Pittsburgh.

Easiest choice of my life. Dallass. :P

I've been raised on my beloved 'Skins, but I became a true diehard in 2005 (5 years old). I remember watching my dad in his Moss jersey jumping up and down in my living room with a Heineken in one hand and my hand in the other while we watched Brunell drop bombs into his favorite receiver's waiting arms. Seeing the defeated look on Dallass' faces and the encouraged, hysterical reactions on ours can only be described by one word. Priceless.

Other things fueled my hatred, also. My dad's shirt of Calvin taking a leak on the star. The speared star. The little (photoshopped) kid in Redskins gear flipping Dallas off.

[The only time I have ever had respect for Dallas is after Taylor (R.I.P.) passed, one of their fans made this vid.

Under no circumstance, do you EVER root for any of our division rivals to win a SB. We do not want them to be happy. We do not want them to have bragging rights. We want their fans to be as miserable as we are.

The Patriots winning the SB has no bearing on the Redskins as they are not only in a different division, but a different conference. I can say that in every SB that another NFCE team was in, I never rooted for them to win.

QFT! That was the start of them becoming public enemy number one, for me. There fans and heartbreaking loses they bestowed on The Skins is what solidified my hatred for them.

Mara has single-handedly vaulted the Giants to the top of my list of teams I hope fail miserably. But the Eagles and Cowboys are way up high too!

I've never been fond of New York sports fans -- but all the extra garbage Mara and his back-room schemings brought to the NFL, makes me wish he gets a lot of 'karmic payback' --- and that he has to watch his team flop season after season.

Oddly, I have to concede that the Giants are well coached, and they have decent scouting and talent acquisition. I even grudgingly admire Eli Manning's grittiness under duress. BUT, I just can't stand all the extra 'perks' that Mara seems to have arranged for his Giants -- and that's enough for me to hope they fizzle and fail miserably every season until Mara is gone..

Heck, even the refs seem to fall in line with Mara's desire to rig every advantage possible. I've watched the Giants get so many ridiculous calls in their favor, against every team except maybe Pittsburgh.

It's always been Dallas and Philly for me, the first is obvious the second because of their fan base.  For some reason there was only so much hate and the Giants always got a pass, a lot of Skins felt that way I noticed.

But all that changed with the cap penalty.  The timing of the announcement was an unnecessary twist of the knife and Shanny made it clear they would not have even thought of making the Griffin trade had they known early.  Mara and the Giants screwed up our plan and it's taken us years to recover.  Hell we still haven't recovered.  The Cowboy and Eagles never did anything that bad to us.   So from now on it's the Giants #1, Philly #2 and Dallas #3. 

In the 1990s it was Dallas, they owned us, were winning Superbowls, and had a bigger legion of don't-know-jack-about-football bandwagon fans even more than they do now.

In the 2000s it was the Eagles. They didn't win any Superbowls (duh), but they played in one and also owned us, got tired of McNabb and seeing his mug on Chunky Soup commercials, and really grew to loathe their fans and their city dealing with a bunch of Philly transplants in college (I went to UMD College Park)

Now its the Giants. From the Mara stunt, to the lucking in to two Superbowl wins beating a far superior New England team, and their non-violent but annoying as hell fans.  The Oneida Nation is based out of New York not to mention (guys not trying to start a name change debate on this thread, just giving you one of the reasons why I hate the Giants).

As much as I hate to say it, the Cowboys are dead last in my hater hierarchy at the moment. I live near DC and get annoyed with the DC area Cowboys fans, but they mean no harm plus Jerry Jones is one of the few owners who has publicly gone to bat for us over the name-change garbage. The Eagles round out at second place, still despise their fans and their city, but feel sorry for them that they won no Superbowls and have to be from Philly.

Yes, I think I can agree with this.  The Ravens are right around my level of Giant/Cowpukes hatred.

You just wait until they win another Superbowl. I hope you're not within a 200 mile radius of Baltimore when that happens. Philly and Cowboys fans will be far more tolerable in comparison. I'm from there and their fans singlehandedly drove me to root for the Redskins even though they just won a Superbowl and the Redskins coming off of their embarassing 2000 season. The closests I have came to fisticuffs over sports were with Raven, Eagle, and Yankee fans (and yes I did exclude the Cowboys).

[The only time I have ever had respect for Dallas is after Taylor (R.I.P.) passed, one of their fans made this vid.

Speaking of 21, the Dallas Cowboys were absolutely classy when we lost Sean. They were the first to wear 21 on the helmet if I'm right.

Which, somehow didn't surprised me even a bit. I expected it from them.

From top to bottom, Cowboys and Redskins have way more in common than many thinks.

Archived