Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cousins Is The Man

Veryoldschool

This was a nice, professional performance by Cousins --I saw a lot of positive developments and he was definitely a factor in the Skins come from behind win.

Odd how the Eagles' defensive concerns about the Skins passing game helped to set things up Morris' running plays during that last drive.

Currently, the Skins passing game is fairly reliable in moving the chains, but I can't wait until Jackson comes back -- once he's back in the groove, defenses won't be able to clamp down so much on the running game and short passes.

Lastly, it is nice to see how Crowder is getting more playing time and more passes thrown his way. Very quick!

What's more ridiculous? 1) A "Redskins Fan" hoping that Cheddar Bob continues to fail so their favorite back up quarterback (Colt or Kirk) can be given the starting job or 2) A "Redskins Fan" hoping that Captain Kirk vomits on himself this season so The Cheddar Bob Experiment doesn't become a total waste of draft picks and time?

Answer: Both scenarios are equally ridiculous and if you identify with one option or the other, you are not a real Redskins fan. You are a cartoon character masquerading around as a Redskins fan.

What happened to what was once an extremely proud and united group of fans? We seem to be more fractured and divided than ever before as a result of the most intense QB controversy in the history of this franchise.

Normally on a Monday morning, I would simply take pleasure in enjoying a big win like this against a divisional opponent and that would be good enough for me but after reading some of the comments on this thread, I am more depressed than excited. 

~Cheddar Bob shot himself in the movie, Eight Mile...

Kirk looked as good as he ever has yesterday. I think that is a message that rings true across the board for all of us regardless of what you think his ceiling is.  His game against the Rams was good, but yesterday was likely his best performance period.  It doesn't mean there still aren't questions about what his ceiling is as a QB or how likely other elements of the position can be developed with him.

Before yesterday, people kept saying "yeah, he looked good BUT he is not clutch and can't win a game when put on his shoulders". Wonder what next excuse will be. KC has not "arrived" yet and still has a lot of work to do to solidify the QB position, however, yesterday was a HUGE step in the right direction.

I still believe he will get better with each game, yes, he is going to have bad games but by the end of the year, he will have validated Jays decision to give him the reigns.

Not ready to say he is long term answer, but am encouraged.

Hey, looks like, what we got right now is . . . .

• A running game that's good enough to demand that the opposing D stack the box on every play. 
  • A defense that's good enough to keep us close. 
  • And a QB who's good enough to beat single coverage, often enough. 

Sounds like a formula that we can ride to the neighborhood of 8-8 or so.  And maybe win the division. 

Oh.  BTW.  And the most pass completions against Philly in the history of the rivalry. 

...now if we could only fix the dang special teams. :unsure:

Before yesterday, people kept saying "yeah, he looked good BUT he is not clutch and can't win a game when put on his shoulders". Wonder what next excuse will be. KC has not "arrived" yet and still has a lot of work to do to solidify the QB position, however, yesterday was a HUGE step in the right direction.

I still believe he will get better with each game, yes, he is going to have bad games but by the end of the year, he will have validated Jays decision to give him the reigns.

Not ready to say he is long term answer, but am encouraged.

How is that an excuse when before yesterday his only come from behind win was against Baltimore back in 2012, a game he did not start. Sorry but facts are not excuses. He played well yesterday but now he needs to do something else he hasn't done and that's play like this multiple games in a row while racking up some consequetive victories. Yesterday was a step in the right direction but the picture is far from clear considering his MO is he plays a stinker game for every great game. Let's us enjoy this win though, reading the Philly papers sports section has been a joy and we can all thank Cousins for that.

Have to say , I saw very few throws that I would consider a "bad" decision by Kirk. Seemed like his head was fully into the game and realized he would have to make smart choices. Last week Kirk mentioned having to throw into tight windows, and the TD throw to Garcon was a good example. Still bound to have some bad outings ,but maybe after this one he's not thinking so much and just reacting. Maybe just maybe we have a QB taking shape.  Hope so.  Nice job KC!   And kudos to the defense!

HTTR

Hopefully, teams will think twice about stacking the box now. 

My guess would be that teams will stack the box and play tight coverage on short to intermediate routes and dare him to try and improvise or beat them deep. His deep ball was very off, but his short to intermediate passes were on point.

I just don't get why this whole OL/Kirk thing is mutually exclusive. Why can't the line do well on its own? They picked up blitzes well, kept their assignments and gave Kirk plenty of time. In return Kirk made smart decisions with the ball and didn't have any turnovers. He didn't hold a blocking seminar in the middle of the game to teach guys how to cut block and stay low in their pad level.

And there were plenty of times that he used all the time the line gave him in order to make a smart decision with the ball.

He also has shown an ability to punish the blitz. So teams aren't blitzing on every single passing down anymore. Amazing!!!!

Keep noodling on it. Someday it might make sense. If not, fine. Just don't pretend like you know what it is you're looking at

He also has shown an ability to punish the blitz. So teams aren't blitzing on every single passing down anymore. Amazing!!!!

Keep noodling on it. Someday it might make sense. If not, fine. Just don't pretend like you know what it is you're looking at

Again, these aren't mutually exclusive. The line picked up blitzes well and protected him and in turn he was able to make smart decisions and not rush things. Also, not sure why you're acting like such a condescending ass about this.

Assuming cousins stays on the exact path he's on right now what are we going to do with him this offseason.

He's too good to put a 4th round tender on as he'll get snatched up in a second but i also dont feel he's proven hes good enough to be made a franchise quarterback.

Not yet anyway, I'd hate to see us pull a ryan fitzpatrick or matt cassel or something like that but I'd also hate to lose him if he still has the potential to become that.

Archived