Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 #Redskins verses Dolphins - Final

JimmiJo

I thought cousins had a decent game. Git rid of the ball quick. He still throws it up a bit too much for my liking but.

The penalties are inexcusable. An absolute joke.

And how are we still the only team that gives up major special teams plays every week. They are beyond a joke.

I thought the d played much better than I expected. However amerson is a bum. That guy needs to never be on the field.

OL was a great surprise, Smith should play over Murphy, Morris/Reed/Garcin made plays after contact... D was solid for the most part.

Way and Forbath were disappointing, Cousins was what he is at this point but nothing special, play calling suspect at times. Dropped INTS hurt, obviously.

At the end of the day, Gruden is an offensive minded coach. His team again got a lot of yards but only 10 points. That puts us in company with the Browns, Jags, Raiders... Not good. It is an offensive minded league and yet the Redskins, sans 2012, are always swimming against the current when on offense.

First post today..

This team played like an actual NFL team.. The ST let us down again, not to mention the Defensive collapse at the very end, however this team showed heart and a desire to win. The first half is the first time it felt like FedEx field was rocking since 2012. However I am ashamed being a Redskin fan, not because of this team, but the fair weather fans, wanting this team to lose, so they can justify their player worship over the team, and finally the pathetic fans that sold their tickets on a perfect opening day.

Flacco 18-32 117yds 2 INT's and Manning 24-40 175yds 1 INT Kirk is not the only QB that had that type of day today but I can bet they're fans are not talking about the teams 3rd string QB. Let's rally with Kirk for the year see what we got and if need be grab a QB in the offseason. This game wasn't on him.

Just got on, but one of the more enjoyable games I've watched in years. We outplayed them or to be conservative played them to even on 2 sides of the ball. ST was the difference. Missed FG, PR for TD. 

Fact is, our big boys beat theirs. We almost doubled them on the ground. Ajax injury surely affected passing game. I'll take the team playing like that on O/D all year frankly. ST;s suck...Shame

Flacco 18-32 117yds 2 INT's and Manning 24-40 175yds 1 INT Kirk is not the only QB that had that type of day today but I can bet they're fans are not talking about the teams 3rd string QB. Let's rally with Kirk for the year see what we got and if need be grab a QB in the offseason. This game wasn't on him.

I get what you're saying but actually Denver fans are talking about the potential of Osweiler, as Peyton is looking washed up and deteriorated. And that's a HOF QB.

It's the same story every season. They play hard and tough for 2 1/2 quarters, then slowly but surely you see the momentum shift, then theres penalties, boneheaded mistakes, missed ints, then the other team drives down the field multiple times, takes the lead, we get one more shot, and the final drive is a turnover or miscommunication

It's the same story every season. They play hard and tough for 2 1/2 quarters, then slowly but surely you see the momentum shift, then theres penalties, boneheaded mistakes, missed ints, then the other team drives down the field multiple times, takes the lead, we get one more shot, and the final drive is a turnover or miscommunication

I lost connection earlier too. I thought Jumbo finally had enough of my posts and dropped the banhammer on me. lol

There was a lot that I liked about what I saw.  But this sums up what I didn't like.   I had that same deja vu feeling I have often in these close games and that is they will find a way to lose.  Even during the better years for this teams defense under Gregg Williams, the defense would fold often with the game on the line.   The special teams will give up a big play and the offense would tease but just come off a little short.  Same plot regardless of coaches and players.  I don't know if its about building that hard to quantify winning culture?  But whatever it is, players have commented on it at times in some interviews, I recall Keim writing in 2012 that players started to believe and some said that in the past they just expected something will go wrong in close games and they will find a way to lose and that year they got over the hump.  I guess that hump still exists.  Cousins articulated it well, they battled and came up short -- and they are getting a bit tired of that same old story.

I think what you are seeing is the lack of talent. At this level, that's how it manifests itself over the course of a game

It's not the team giving up or having bad luck, it is the talent of opposing teams overcoming the lack of talent on the Redskins

For 3 years

For the first time in years, I feel like our offensive line could be a team strength.  Our d-line looks pretty good.  We have some solid, young linebackers, running backs, and wideouts.   This year's first and second round draft picks look the part.  That's the start of a solid rebuild. If, at the end of the year, we need a qb, so be it.  Can't do everything at once.

I think what you are seeing is the lack of talent. At this level, that's how it manifests itself over the course of a game

It's not the team giving up or having bad luck, it is the talent of opposing teams overcoming the lack of talent on the Redskins

For 3 years

This. I was prepared to give the o-line high marks through two and a half quarters and then the penalties. But they weren't "mental mistakes". Guys were getting beaten 1:1, and resorting to holding. It's is a talent issue I think.

After reflecting on this game for several hours, I am still disgusted.  A winnable game that we throw away - that's the difference between a good team and a bad team.

We are 3-4 plays away from winning that game.  A dropped interception, or a good pass defense, or a completion here and there.  Or perhaps a good special teams play instead of giving up a TD on a punt - always a weak spot for this team.

Skins still have a way to go.  I said 6-10 before the season and I am sure we will be somewhere around there.  Stuck in mediocrity.

I thought the turning point was when we got the sack fumble and didn't turn that in to pointss.

Completely agree.

Good teams capitalize on mistakes.  We didn't.

Such as the dropped Culliver INT...

As much as I hate to lose, it feels better to look at a game and be upset because they SHOULD have won.  Thats been mighty rare over the past several years.  The offensive line played well, Kirk did fine, though a little disappointing, the playcalling was shoddy on 3rd downs, but the defense played great.  THATS  going to be the key to this year.

Eli manning out up a similarly bad season as Griffin in 2013; not a one game sample size, a full season. He wasn't treated in a similar fashion as Griffin, nor should he have. Why? Track Record. Eli had multiple good to elite seasons on his track record, not to mention super bowl rings

You just referenced the greatest regular season QB of our generation and a good starter whose had significant elite level production at key times, both of which have super bowl rings.

And you're comparing it to a guy whose played 10 games in 3 years, hasn't won as a starter since 2012, and had a roughly 2:1 int to TD ratio over his 4 prior games before being benched

No, fans in Baltimore and Denver shouldn't be acting anywhere near fans here are, because the situations are MASSIVELY different.

That doesn't mean some of the criticism of Cousins for this game isn't dumb, or that he played horribly, or that we should move on from him, or anything else. It simply means that attempting to defend his game and combat the reactions to it by comparing it to those sitatuons is asinine.

Archived