Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Dolphins Prediction Thread: Kicking 2015 Off In Style

skins island connection

27-20 Dolphins.

Incredibly tough to predict week 1 games, it really is a crapshoot.  I think our D matches up fairly well against their offense.  We should have a stout run D this year, and they have a middling receiving core, and up and coming but still middle of the pack QB.  Pass rush will be the key in this game, as our pass rush is the key to stopping their offense, and their pass rush is imposing, and with our young right side of the line our main weakness on offense.

31-20 MIA. Tannehill will look like a world-beater. Average Wrs will look pro bowl caliber. Our Oline will do better than expected on pass pro but ultimately the run game will fail to add spark needed to offense. Sack fumble on cousins will be the only spotty pass pro but it will be enough to turn the tables in the Fins favor.

Sounds like last season, I hope I'm wrong though.

23-16 Redskins. Usually the defense is ahead of offense this time of year, so I don't get all the high scoring affair comments here. It really boils down to which oline holds up the best, because neither QB has proven they deserve to be in the elite or even above average conversation yet.

I've never been impressed with Gruden and his pass happy play calling, supposedly he isn't calling the plays, I doubt that is reality.

Joe Barry? Yeah buddy.....

Dolphins 33 Skins 20

Let's hope that Cousins really has fixed his Int streak. I think he's the best qb we have but Gruden usually has him throwing 35-40 a game.

Hey, Dolphins fan here. I come in peace  :ph34r:

This game should be very interesting and we're just as clueless as you guys in regards to how our team will look. I will say if you get the Dolphins on a good day, vs SD(37-0) and NE(33-20 with two dropped TD's) last year for example, this game is going to get ugly for you guys. But if you can pressure Tannehill and or shut down the run then it should be a tossup. DeSean and Pierre's speed worries me since our secondary hasn't been challenged like that in a while.

I think something along the line of 23-17 Dolphins. 

Let's be honest here.

We commit to the run and go 3 and out on our first 3 possessions as the fishes d line embarrasses us. Tannehill immediately picks apart our arena league caliber secondary and goes up 28-0 at half time. Tress mvp way sets first half nfl punting record.

Fish try some bs surprise onside kick to open 2nd half which of course works against our "special" teams unit. They pull their first stringers and we finally are able to slow them down. Jon gruddens retarded brother permanently gives up on the run and Rex cousins slings 3 interceptions before running into the locker room crying. Rg3 comes in and is sacked several times. On the final play of the game rg3 gets sacked while taking a knee and suh stomps on his head. Rg3 high fives him and meets Danny on his yacht to celebrate his 16 million dollar severance package.

Dolphins 42-3

I think we are very comparable to Miami overall. This is a good measuring stick game early. My wont to be optimistic about the result is stymied by the reality that we are still in the process of getting better, have some parts that need to gel (entire units vs Miami with just a few players), & we are young in places it helps to be experienced in these types of games.

I think it comes down to mistakes, & let's be real...who, of the 2, is more prone to them?

Redskins: 19

Dolphins: 23

This team is one big question mark, Dolphins don't seem to be. FedEx is one of the worst "home field advantages" in the league, they'll probably score but if the Dolphins are even halfway engaged I don't see how the Skins win. Gruden Watch begins.

The Good:

We have some weapons on offense, and the Dolphins don't have a great front seven so we should be able to score. We also have the front seven to exploit some weaknesses in their OL and limit their run game.

The Bad News:

Our OL is so awful it probably doesn't matter that their front seven isn't very good.

Their offense is also completely loaded with an outstanding young tailback, a 2012 QB draftee who didn't bust and isn't named Wilson or Luck (I was wrong about him, thought his ceiling was below league average, possibly league average, he's already league average right now, though his intermediate and deep passing game remain erratic), and great weapons in the passing game.

I suspect we'll be able to put up some points, and our D will suggest it's not as bad as we fear, but Miami will also show exactly why so many people are excited about their potential.

Vegas seems to say 24-20 Dolphins. I'll go with 27 17 Dolphins a bit of a reverse XVII.

Fully expecting to lose. (Our defence alone scares the living piss out of me and Miami's front could well be a brutal first outing for Kirk now it's finally his gig.). 

Hoping for a win. But it would be a pleasant surprise more than expectation. 

But above all else I want to see a disciplined, organised team doing their jobs. You get beat by the better team then so be it. But if we at least look professional, win or lose I'll be happy as I don't see this season being about much winning at all. (Still see no better than last years 4 at best.). More about development and growth. 

Best I got. 

Hail. 

Much the same and would throw in coaching game plan.  The number of times we seem to have gotten away from a plan over the last couple of years that looked effective is ridiculous.  A solid half of run game and passing would suddenly be pass, pass, pass, run game disappearing and the passing game getting more and more depserate as we failed to movethe ball.  Continuity on and off the field please.

Not much to ask for....not much of a season if that's all I want either! :(

I actually feel pretty good about this game. I'm not that worried about winning or losing, I'm excited to see a game plan play out for better or worse with a regular qb. Well be reminded that we have a decent running game, plays will be called with reason and we will come out either winners or losers based on execution.

Positions will be evaluated, adjustments will be made and we will look like a normal bad football team trying to get better. I don't see any explosive offense coming from Miami to put us out of reach. It should come down to kirk making the good play in the redzone if the running game can't punch it in. Like a normal football team. We've been abnormal, trying to make a great athlete with a great arm make us win.

Coaches want things to build on, and here comes the first step. Win or lose, they should take away how well defense tackles in the secondary; pass rush should be just fine. Offense should move just fine, but take away better ways to succeed in the red zone.

It will be more than the first game, it should truly be a growing exprience, with some real talent sprinkled in with our pass rush and WR talent. I'm stoked.

http://www.thephins.com/forums/showthread.php?86903-Redskins-Writer-s-Take-on-the-Dolphins-Matchup/page4

EVERY year it seems that a fellow NFL message board takes issue with one of these threads that we do.

This year, it is starting early with the Miami Dolphins fans over at "thephins.com".

Show some respect and be nice, they feel very disrespected that we aren't all picking the Redskins to lose by double-digits.  Also Rich Tandler is lazy and Dan T is crazy... so the usual noise. :lol:

EDIT:  Apparently they had a really good pre-season.  Like 2013 good (for us) when we started the "I think we all know a good team when we see one" thread.

Archived