Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Dolphins Prediction Thread: Kicking 2015 Off In Style

skins island connection

I don't see how the Skins can lose this one.  The offense gets a major boost with Cousins, and the post-Haslett defense is looking to make its mark.  

Should be a solid win for Washington.  

Well, for starters, "any given sunday". No win is a guarantee in the NFL.

And secondly, the Dolphins are a better team. So there's that.

http://www.thephins.com/forums/showthread.php?86903-Redskins-Writer-s-Take-on-the-Dolphins-Matchup/page4

EVERY year it seems that a fellow NFL message board takes issue with one of these threads that we do.

This year, it is starting early with the Miami Dolphins fans over at "thephins.com".

Show some respect and be nice, they feel very disrespected that we aren't all picking the Redskins to lose by double-digits. Also Rich Tandler is lazy and Dan T is crazy... so the usual noise. :lol:

EDIT: Apparently they had a really good pre-season. Like 2013 good (for us) when we started the "I think we all know a good team when we see one" thread.

Wow...after struggling to get through that thread i couldn't help but wonder what the actual **** Harvard was talking about.

I have no other thought than to come to the conclusion that they were interpreting many of the grammatical/spelling errors out of context. For example, that last sentence. Sorry...i use pause breaks when posting on message boards, & social media to provide a sense of dialogue as opposed to combative essay writing. I also use the ampersand because it's quicker. Then, there's the odd inside joke on this board such as paloffs, & the like. Finally, there are modern interwebz nerd-slang terms like teh awesome, or pwned.

I can't help but assume there is so much of this going on in ES that some Poindexter easily added all of the aforementioned instances, & then some, into their equations.

That thread alone is 1,000 x's worse than most of what i have witnessed here, & quite frankly...it gave me a headache.

/end rant.

On another note...it's always funny to me when ANY fan base takes ANY opponent lightly. Surely there are teams more deserving of that attitude than the Miami Dolphins. Especially when it comes to some of the posts on that thread. My G_d...why even suit up?

That's all without delving into the obvious misunderstanding of our message board humor. 74-3, 114-1......clearly these predictions are nonsense. Tongue in cheek. Including some of the ones putting us in the upper 30's points-wise. 1 or 2 of their fans seem to have caught on, but some of them.....sheesh....you would think we pissed on their family graves.

Anywho...still think we're gonna lose...but i'm hoping that this bulletin board "disrespect" (of course, you have to earn respect) keeps stoking their flames to the tune of it becoming a rallying cry for the team in the same way it did for the Seahawks in 2012, & beyond.

I don't expect it to...but it's something that lingers in the back of one's mind.

Unrelated and a long shot, but I will be in Indianapolis opening weekend. Does anyone know/have any idea of where a good spot to catch the game there would be? I'm sure there are plenty of bars with Sunday ticket but I am guessing the majority are going to be Colts only on TV. Thanks in advance guys.

Try downloading the official team APP. It has a list of Redskins affiliated bars throughout the US. It's how i found the 3 nearby in LA.

Anywho...still think we're gonna lose...but i'm hoping that this bulletin board "disrespect" (of course, you have to earn respect) keeps stoking their flames to the tune of it becoming a rallying cry for the team in the same way it did for the Seahawks in 2012, & beyond.

I don't expect it to...but it's something that lingers in the back of one's mind.

For me that's the biggest thing.  They're all like "they don't respect us".

Well, we don't.  Miami's probably done worse (without looking) in the postseason than us the last 20 years... and that's saying something.

Glad you have a good team, and sure there is a good chance they win... but holy **** - forgive us if we don't get excited that you signed the number 1 defensive linemen in free agency in the offseason.  We've seen that movie a couple of times over here and that rarely pans out.

Omar Kelly who covers the Dolphins for the Sun Sentinel, talking about the game.  Though Kelly today on 980 took one heck of a shot by saying he wishes the Dolphins had a more competitive matchup to start the season.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/video/originals/xs-and-omar/fl-xs-and-omar-week-3-part-2-premiumvideo.html

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/video/originals/xs-and-omar/fl-xs-and-omar-week-3-part-3-fix-premiumvideo.html

Omar Kelly who covers the Dolphins for the Sun Sentinel, talking about the game.  Though Kelly today on 980 took one heck of a shot by saying he wishes the Dolphins had a more competitive matchup to start the season.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/video/originals/xs-and-omar/fl-xs-and-omar-week-3-part-2-premiumvideo.html

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/video/originals/xs-and-omar/fl-xs-and-omar-week-3-part-3-fix-premiumvideo.html

Eh, hopefully the Dolphins are just as arrogant, ****y, and overconfident about this game as the beat reporters covering them. :)

If Washington by chance does win, the entire week will be spent talking about how could the Dolphins have possibly lost.  And what is wrong in Miami.

Which is fine, we've earned our suck title through years of hard work.  But still, expect that to happen.

If Washington by chance does win, the entire week will be spent talking about how could the Dolphins have possibly lost.  And what is wrong in Miami.

Which is fine, we've earned our suck title through years of hard work.  But still, expect that to happen.

I've seen that script too many times.  Win a game were not supposed to, then face the Rams the next week and go in soft and underprepared.  No thank you.  I ****ing hate the Rams so much

35 - 6 Miami.

Sadly, I see no reason to think we'll be that much better than last year. 

If we have chances in games this year it will be through running, and I don't see us running against that front 7.

They do have 1 stout Defense for sure, and Defenses like that usually man handle our Oline and QB's. I have to pick the Redskins for only 2 reasons.

1st: It's the start of a new season, expectations are high in the land as usual, and because of that the homer in me is has taken over.

2nd: Being realistic could cast me back into that dark depressing basement where I'm looking forward to next neason, when it's only 4-5 games into this one lol.

Just win Redskins!

I'm thinking our redzone O can not push it in leading to a 31-16 loss.  On the positive side, we move the ball and Kirk's numbers look good, but turn overs, special teams and inability to defend the middle of the field on third and 7 or more ultimately lead to an ugly loss making it hard to remember our goal for the season of "improvement." 

I've seen that script too many times.  Win a game were not supposed to, then face the Rams the next week and go in soft and underprepared.  No thank you.  I ****ing hate the Rams so much

Yeah if I had to choose I would prefer to lose to the fins and beat the snot out of the rams.

Going 2-0 sounds better though.

I don't think this team could beat an egg.

Miami - 28

Washington - 10

How 'bout their way out of a paper bag?

Cousins, Reed, Garcon and Jones post solid numbers.  I think Alf will struggle to gain yards and Jackson is a little rusty/ timing off from not having practiced or played much.  Defense forces one turnover and will struggle, bend, crack, but not break.  Preston shows he belongs by logging his first sack as a pro.  Special teams gives up at least one big return.

The Redskins win a close game, 23-20.

Archived