Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Dolphins Prediction Thread: Kicking 2015 Off In Style

skins island connection

...the experts are starting to piss me off.

Yeah MIA should win this game but ****, it's the ****ing Dolphins. They don't even have fans. Like I'm not going to sit here and be disrespected by the SECOND most popular football team in Miami

That said I'm still starting Tanehill and Cameron this week lol

I am with you.  They aren't playing the 85 Bears.  The Dolphins went 8-8 in 2014, 8-8 in 2013, 7-9 in 2012.  The Dolphins have owned the title of mediocrity. Now they are a juggernaut?   And, if you read what the Dolphin reporters say and predict -- this match up is so lopsided in favor of the Dolphins the Redskins don't even belong on the same field.

We've had the drill of we just went to the playoffs last year and now we got Jason Taylor or fill in the blank as for other FA signings.  Yeah in theory Suh makes a good defense -- great.  In theory, Tannehill, becomes one of the best QBs in the league. I am not saying it doesn't happen but we've seen it here and plenty of other teams that you just don't know until it plays out.  

One upside for me is its getting me fired up for the game -- previously I was relatively not into it compared to the past home openers.

Dolphins are the most overrated team I have seen thus far.

People pointing to Jordan Cameron like having him instead of Charles Clay is a good thing.... :rolleyes:. Good d line - poor secondary. Grimes is nice, not sure anyone else they have would even start in our secondary, its that bad. Their O Line may be in as much trouble as ours, if not more. At least we have one All Pro on ours...WRs, starting Greg Jennings like its 2008 and Aaron Rodgers is throwin him the ball...

QB - Fins* (Its not out of the realm of possibility Cousins outperforms)

DL - Fins Slightly (though SuH could get ejected early and then it would flip our way)

OL - Skins (looks weird huh?)

WRs - Skins by a landslide

Secondary - Draw (Breeland woulda pushed em our way)

RBs - Skins

LBs - Skins 

TE - Skins (Reed will at least last this game right?)

STs - Fins?

Coach - draw (if you don't think philbin is on the hot seat...)

Fans - Skins Slightly (I do actually expect more Skins fans for this one)

Intangibles - Skins - Football gods owe us

So - Skins 31 Fins 21

And I am being way more serious than not about most of that stuff....

Our DL is built to play for 60 minutes and can handle hurry up (by subbing lines), specific situations like 3rd and long or 1st and goal and is also very good against the run, maybe better than Miami in that regard.  With what we have behind we're a better run D and should be able to limit Miami badly in that phase.

I think we have a much better chance of a positve impact from our run game than they do theirs.

In the pass game their pass rush may be better than ours but I expect ours will still be good against their OL and our WRs will make much more of their receptions.  Re: our OL yeah we have two rookies manning the right side.  As bad as you think they might be against Suh et al project what it would look like with Chester and Polumbus out there and be thankful.  At TE Reed is healthy,

Hope Jeffcoat is healthy, he looks like he could have a good year pass rushing and Galette's injury should see him get some decent playtime.  One of those guys that makes plays when he's on the field.

Our QB doesn't have to be superman for us to win this game, and quite comfortably in the end, we just have to be patient and play a 60 minute game.  Talking of superman, after an off season of missing some voluntary time with the team and being very active in the media, Desean Jackson will make some statement plays showing why no one cares what you do (to a degree) as long as you produce. 

24-21 skins

Kirk 220 passing yards, 1 TD 1 Int

Morris 90 rushing yards, 1 TD. Comes on the goalline

Reed gets around 100 yards and has a TD, big game for him while the Miami defense covers Garcon and Djax well

...the experts are starting to piss me off.

Yeah MIA should win this game but ****, it's the ****ing Dolphins. They don't even have fans. Like I'm not going to sit here and be disrespected by the SECOND most popular football team in Miami

That said I'm still starting Tanehill and Cameron this week lol

We're the new raiders/jaguars. As far as the "experts" are concerned, a peewee team could beat us

It's like being the nerdy kid that everyone picks on to feel cool

Well Larry Michael just predicted us to win 24-14… Of course, I've seen circus monkeys with more self-respect and independent thought so take it for what it's worth.

I usually go on Bleacher Report for sports news since it's easily accessible on my phone. The popular thing there with the authors is to straight up leave our team name out of articles because they're too offended to say it, boo ****in hoo right. But the author actually had a quote that made me chuckle when it came to us. "If you want to find FedEx all you need do is follow the warm glow of the dumpster fire that is the Washington Redskins" When it came to predicting a Skins win in week 1 "I'd sooner vote for Donald Trump." Like yeah, keep piling it on boys lol

I registered here because I felt the need to drop some knowledge bombs on y'all. Our defense last year did not allow a 100 yard rusher until Week 12 against the Broncos, in fact up until that point our total defense was solidly in the top 5 of total defenses in the league. Our pass defense, injury depleted and patchwork though it was, did not allow a 300 yard passing effort until Week 17 in what was effectively an exhibition game; in other words, we kept Tom Brady (twice), Aaron Rodgers (and a truly elite WR corp), and Peyton Manning from tearing us up.

As for your defense, how precisely do you guys think you're going to stop our offense? By your own admission, you have no DBs worth a damn playing. You say our receivers don't impress you, yet a worse version of this WR corp had no problems against Cromartie and Revis last year. While Kerrigan is no doubt a good DE, he's not in Wake's league. Knighton doesn't impress me, we played him last year and he didn't have a huge impact upon the game despite going up against a patchwork o-line. You guys say you're going to stuff our run like we line up in the I and pound it up the middle, completely ignoring the fact that most every run play is a legit outside zone-read, which typically takes most of a d-line out of the equation; I like our guys in space more than I like yours.

However, the big clue-by-four about the outcome of this game is what we did to the Raiders, Jaguars, Bears, and Chargers last year. Another one is we gave the Packers and Broncos all that they could handle. Or absolutely crushed the Patriots in Week 1.

NOTE: This post isn't directed at the realists in this thread, it's directed at those of your that have delusions of grandeur on behalf of your team. I don't pretend that the Dolphins are elite, but I know an overmatched opponent when I see one because God knows the Dolphins have been on the other end of that bargain often enough.

I registered here because I felt the need to drop some knowledge bombs on y'all. Our defense last year did not allow a 100 yard rusher until Week 12 against the Broncos, in fact up until that point our total defense was solidly in the top 5 of total defenses in the league. Our pass defense, injury depleted and patchwork though it was, did not allow a 300 yard passing effort until Week 17 in what was effectively an exhibition game; in other words, we kept Tom Brady (twice), Aaron Rodgers (and a truly elite WR corp), and Peyton Manning from tearing us up.

As for your defense, how precisely do you guys think you're going to stop our offense? By your own admission, you have no DBs worth a damn playing. You say our receivers don't impress you, yet a worse version of this WR corp had no problems against Cromartie and Revis last year. While Kerrigan is no doubt a good DE, he's not in Wake's league. Knighton doesn't impress me, we played him last year and he didn't have a huge impact upon the game despite going up against a patchwork o-line. You guys say you're going to stuff our run like we line up in the I and pound it up the middle, completely ignoring the fact that most every run play is a legit outside zone-read, which typically takes most of a d-line out of the equation; I like our guys in space more than I like yours.

However, the big clue-by-four about the outcome of this game is what we did to the Raiders, Jaguars, Bears, and Chargers last year. Another one is we gave the Packers and Broncos all that they could handle. Or absolutely crushed the Patriots in Week 1.

NOTE: This post isn't directed at the realists in this thread, it's directed at those of your that have delusions of grandeur on behalf of your team. I don't pretend that the Dolphins are elite, but I know an overmatched opponent when I see one because God knows the Dolphins have been on the other end of that bargain often enough.

You bring up some good points. It's caused me to rethink my position that the Redskins will win by over 50 pts. I now can't see the Redskins winning by more than 35.

Dolphins win 23-20.

Tannehill throws for 220, 2 TDs. 

Cousins throws for 200, 1 TD and 1 int. Skins D gets 2 sacks and hold Dolphins to 75 yards rushing.

Keep looking past the Redskins... Hopefully your team is doing the same

I predicted earlier that they'd lose by 3, but want to change that. Don't know what the final score will be, but I just have a feeling they'll win.  Dolphins have a good d-line, but I think people have been hyping them up way too much this week.  People act like we're facing the 85' Bears defense and they're the defending champs.  Skins find a way to get the W, starting 1-0 for the first time since 2012.  HTTR!

I think you registered to be an ass.

And you still barely won half your games. Talk about delusions of grandeur! 

1973.  1973.  1973. 

Archived