Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Dolphins Prediction Thread: Kicking 2015 Off In Style

skins island connection

I think you registered to be an ass.

And you still barely won half your games. Talk about delusions of grandeur! 

1973.  1973.  1973. 

Really now? If we're going to talk about records, let's talk about the fact that over the previous two seasons your team is 7-25 and mine is 16-16. Operating under the theory that a team is what their record says they are, the Dolphins are twice as good as the Redskins. Of course, that's rather simplistic and the reason why I didn't mention records, but since you brought it up I thought I'd humor you.

Really now? If we're going to talk about records, let's talk about the fact that over the previous two seasons your team is 7-25 and mine is 16-16. Operating under the theory that a team is what their record says they are, the Dolphins are twice as good as the Redskins. Of course, that's rather simplistic and the reason why I didn't mention records, but since you brought it up I thought I'd humor you.

We're all pretty self aware that we suck, we understand that. We're just confident in our team to win because we're fans, so just move along.

I just think a lot of folks are going to be surprised by just how different the redskins are without the distraction of rg3. Him playing qb, his twitter, the media, all of it. I've always said the outside noise didn't matter, but I really feel like these players have a weight off their shoulders, not to mention coaches, and it should look like a normal football team.

As for everyone pointing to our bad secondary.....I feel like every teams secondary is bad lol. It's a really really really hard unit to have succeed consistently. Average qb passing yds are rising each year it seems. It's about making a few great plays/turnovers. That's why coaches preach that endlessly. So let's not freak out every time they have an open receiver catch a pass (we will)

Special teams, on the other hand, I expect the screw up and cost us, if anything will.

Skins offensive line is the biggest problem. They did not progress enough over the off season and Scherff definitely looks like he needs some work before he can become a solid tackle. I don't care who you put behind center this game, it is going to be very difficult... especially if they can't get the run game going. Going to be difficult to come ahead in this one. 

Dolphins - 31

Skins - 13

So in the crazy alternate reality that SOMEHOW the high school team known as the Washington Redskins wins and beats the almighty Dolphins, will you be back? Or just disappear into the night?

Everyone is 0-0. The past means nothing. New season, different players. Everyone is basing their predictions over what we've done the last two years. We've overhauled a lot of our roster. I just think you are taking us too lightly, hence my jabs at you. Will we win? Probably not, but why should I bother watching the game if I already think we'll lose? You act like the Dolphins have been 27-5 the last two years. Any given Sunday.

Skins offensive line is the biggest problem. They did not progress enough over the off season and Scherff definitely looks like he needs some work before he can become a solid tackle. I don't care who you put behind center this game, it is going to be very difficult... especially if they can't get the run game going. Going to be difficult to come ahead in this one.

Dolphins - 31

Skins - 13

Lol, he's not even playing tackle. :)

Although I guess that does mean he has a long way to go to be a good one!

So in the crazy alternate reality that SOMEHOW the high school team known as the Washington Redskins wins and beats the almighty Dolphins, will you be back? Or just disappear into the night?

Yeah. I don't think it'll happen, but hey, we did beat the Patriots under an interim head coach the year we went 4-12 (Wannstash's last year). So, yeah.

Everyone is 0-0. The past means nothing. New season, different players. Everyone is basing their predictions over what we've done the last two years. We've overhauled a lot of our roster. I just think you are taking us too lightly, hence my jabs at you. Will we win? Probably not, but why should I bother watching the game if I already think we'll lose? You act like the Dolphins have been 27-5 the last two years. Any given Sunday.

Thing is, I've seen my team go through this. The QB circus, the hope that the big moves pay off into a trip to see the Wizard of Lombardi, etc. We even had the false hope season in 2008. It doesn't go away immediately even with an owner that wants to win more than they want to be Der Furher, which unfortunately you don't have. You don't even have a football version of Mark Cuban, who has knowledge to back up the ego.

When Dolphins fans say our WRs are really good, it comes from the fact that the team is actually pretty decent at developing WR talent; you might have heard of the Marks Brothers, Wes Welker, and Davone Bess. Rishard Matthews is our 4th WR and he was pushing hard for the starter job. When we say our defense is going to great, it's because we know what a great line and therefor a great defense looks like. Jason Taylor thinks this line will be better than the 2000 unit which had 31 sacks from the ends and limited the Seahawks to 32 total yards in the 2nd half of their playoff game. When we say that this is going to be a blowout, it's because we know what a team that's fuel for a dumpster fire looks like. It hurts, Dolfans have been there, but we're beyond relieved that we're pretty much beyond that.

Here's to hoping Cousin Kirk puts a beautiful blemish on the perfect prediction of Cousin Sal. http://www.businessinsider.com/cousin-sal-espn-picks-2015-9

Sal Iacono, a writer for "Jimmy Kimmel Live" and better known as "Cousin Sal" on Bill Simmons' podcasts, was ESPN's new NFL gambling expert during the 2015 season. He didn't lose a pick on his weekly "SportsCenter" segment during the final six weeks of the regular season.

Sal was 15-0-3 over the last six weeks of the 2015 season and 19-2-3 over the last eight weeks.

1. Miami Dolphins -4 (@ Washington Redskins) — "There is a mismatch on the board and it is Washington and Miami. Aside from San Francisco, no one had a worse offseason than Washington. You've got RG3-and-out. He is not even a factor anymore. Their offensive line somehow got worse from last year. In the preseason it was abysmal. The Redskins have covered one of their last eight at home. I'm taking Miami. Lay the four points. They are going to win by three touchdowns."

When we say our defense is going to great, it's because we know what a great line and therefor a great defense looks like. Jason Taylor thinks this line will be better than the 2000 unit which had 31 sacks from the ends and limited the Seahawks to 32 total yards in the 2nd half of their playoff game. When we say that this is going to be a blowout, it's because we know what a team that's fuel for a dumpster fire looks like. It hurts, Dolfans have been there, but we're beyond relieved that we're pretty much beyond that.

Defenses like this makes our O-line look like a  high school team. If we can't get some kind of running game going to help get pressure off of Cousins, this game will be over at half time. What a way to test your new starting QB, I just hope our O-line doesn't get him killed.

Wait is that even possible?

If it is we better dress all 3 QB's, we will need them.

Defenses like this makes our O-line look like a  high school team. If we can't get some kind of running game going to help get pressure off of Cousins, this game will be over at half time. What a way to test your new starting QB, I just hope our O-line doesn't get him killed.

If it is we better dress all 3 QB's, we will need them.

Hopefully our peripheral blocking will be improved (Matt Jones, Carrier, Gruden says Reed is blocking well, etc.)

Thing is, I've seen my team go through this. The QB circus, the hope that the big moves pay off into a trip to see the Wizard of Lombardi, etc. We even had the false hope season in 2008. It doesn't go away immediately even with an owner that wants to win more than they want to be Der Furher, which unfortunately you don't have. You don't even have a football version of Mark Cuban, who has knowledge to back up the ego.

When Dolphins fans say our WRs are really good, it comes from the fact that the team is actually pretty decent at developing WR talent; you might have heard of the Marks Brothers, Wes Welker, and Davone Bess. Rishard Matthews is our 4th WR and he was pushing hard for the starter job. When we say our defense is going to great, it's because we know what a great line and therefor a great defense looks like. Jason Taylor thinks this line will be better than the 2000 unit which had 31 sacks from the ends and limited the Seahawks to 32 total yards in the 2nd half of their playoff game. When we say that this is going to be a blowout, it's because we know what a team that's fuel for a dumpster fire looks like. It hurts, Dolfans have been there, but we're beyond relieved that we're pretty much beyond that.

We've already been a dumpster fire the last 2 years.  Worst two years in a row, since I've been a fan.  I think we added some players in FA and the draft that could have us trending up.  I really can't see us regressing to 2 wins or less. So, like I said, go ahead and take us lightly.  We'll see.  Not saying we are sure to win, but I just don't think it will be as easy as you or your fans think. 

Going to quote you again. Congrats on the win.  I TOLD YOU it wouldn't be easy.  You won on a punt return.  And that has been our Achilles heel for years.  Again, it wasn't easy and I told you not to take us lightly.  We had you guys on the ropes for a while, but our inexperience showed.  Our GM said we may not win a lot this year, but the other team will feel it when they leave.  We played you tough(and covered the spread). 

We ran on your asses, we let only 1 sack.  We shut your offense down for the most part.  It was 10-10 for the offenses.  We had a sure pick 6 that could have turned the tide.  But, we lost.  So, congrats and don't forget to beat the Cowboys, Eagles and Giants for us. Cheers.

Going to quote you again. Congrats on the win.  I TOLD YOU it wouldn't be easy.  You won on a punt return.  And that has been our Achilles heel for years.  Again, it wasn't easy and I told you not to take us lightly.  We had you guys on the ropes for a while, but our inexperience showed.  Our GM said we may not win a lot this year, but the other team will feel it when they leave.  We played you tough(and covered the spread). 

We ran on your asses, we let only 1 sack.  We shut your offense down for the most part.  It was 10-10 for the offenses.  We had a sure pick 6 that could have turned the tide.  But, we lost.  So, congrats and don't forget to beat the Cowboys, Eagles and Giants for us. Cheers.

Good game. Knew it wasn't going to be easy. High expectations in first game against a team with some problems in their organization on the road? Not a gimme game in the least. Same thing happened with the Bills last year and they blew us out.

One disagreement, you didn't shut down the Dolphins offense--you limited them. Tannehill missing Sims in the endzone, Matthews dropping a 1st down conversion pass that may have resulted in a FG or TD, penalties in the RZ, etc. At least 17 points left on the field for the Dolphins. 

Dolphins still doing things from last year though; missed opportunities, spotty run D, team doing a 180 in the 2nd half.

Archived