Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Dolphins Prediction Thread: Kicking 2015 Off In Style

skins island connection

Jay finally sticks to his word, and runs, he runs right out of the stadium into his car amid hurling tomatoes, Skins horrible at home against teams they are supposed to beat. 43-9, Phins score every which way but loose. I don't want the damn hate, this is reverse karma baby. or the damn hat/.

Tomatoes? GET THE BRICKS!!!!! This is the first year I've seen the week 1 thread not full of optimism. Sort of sad but I'm guilty too as I predicted a loss. However I'm normally one of the fools year in and year out thinking 10-6 so I'm trying a different strategy this year.

1. I think Suh will get tired of fighting through the Oline to sack cousins, and by the 2nd quarter, I think he will start picking up Scherff and throwing him at Cousins. Much easier

3. Miami Dolphins fans, all 17 of them, will be calling for Marino to come out of retirement by the third quarter. Tannehill will have thrown 4 TDs by then, but hey, Marino would have thrown 6.

4. Dolphins fans will be ecstatic after their win. Well on their way to 11-5 and first round playoff exit.. Just like old times again in Miami!

I like these the most :lol: . Funny thing about Dolfans is that we're everywhere except Florida. I can guarantee there will be a decent crowd come Sunday.

Unfortunately the same thing can be said about our area.

I've been to my share of Redskins games, its nowhere near the same, not even close.  The closest I've seen to that dynamic is for Nationals or Orioles games against New York teams.  It's even worse though in South Florida with the Marlins.

When the Redskins played the Dolphins it was in the middle of another miserable season, it was the Rex-Beck year, nothing at stake but you'd think it was a Redskins home game, it was surreal. 

I've been to my share of Redskins games, its nowhere near the same, not even close.  

Remember the Steelers game on MNF a few seasons ago?

I get the impression in places like Miami, it's not only the large amount of transplants that could care less about the Dolphins but its also the fact that it's Miami and there is plenty of great weather and other things to do.  Similar to San Diego.

In Washington, we have no excuse.  Years and years of ineptitude lead to half empty stadiums and being overrun with opposing teams fans.  While the Redskins are still king in this area, we haven't done anything to gain fandom from newer generations.  RG3 was our best bet for that and well, yeah.

Better receivers? I'd take DeSean over any of our receivers and that's about it. I don't see much separation between Garcon and Stills otherwise than the former being more physical. Jennings is better than Roberts(Matthews might be better than him too), and then you have two rookies.

Landry < Jackson

Stills <> Garcon

Jennings > Roberts

Matthews > Grant

Parker <> Spencer

Hazel > Crowder

Spencer is on IR. Rashad Ross is on our 53.

I predicted 27-17 Redskins on the first page because there is a free hat involved. I usually don't predict scores and honestly, I really don't think one team is so much better than the other. I think it will be close and I'm really not sure who will win.

And as far as Dolpin fans on their board getting in a tizzy, I posted this below:

Well what's the point of being a fan if you can't be optimistic about your team for the first game? Everyone is 0-0 and what happened last year means nothing. I'm sure that the majority of fans of the other 31 teams are predicting their team wins. Now, if we were 2-9 and facing the Dolphins, I might be saying something different.

I think the fans on that forum are idiots for not thinking that we think our team will win. And hope they read this and if they don't like it, tough ****.

I think most of our fans in here actually have us losing by my unofficial count.  We're not delusional to what our team has been over the years. 

Remember the Steelers game on MNF a few seasons ago?

I get the impression in places like Miami, it's not only the large amount of transplants that could care less about the Dolphins but its also the fact that it's Miami and there is plenty of great weather and other things to do.  Similar to San Diego.

In Washington, we have no excuse.  Years and years of ineptitude lead to half empty stadiums and being overrun with opposing teams fans.  While the Redskins are still king in this area, we haven't done anything to gain fandom from newer generations.  RG3 was our best bet for that and well, yeah.

I do recall the Steelers game but that was noticeable because it was the exception not the rule, it happened years ago (7 years ago during the Zorn era) and that is the game that is still cited to make the point.  I've been to games pretty consistently for well over 15 years, I've seen every division rival and yeah they bring fans, and yeah if the Redskins are getting blown out, our fans leave and they stay.  But trust me its nothing like the Dolphins, you aren't going to find 50% plus of the stadium full of the opposition fans.  When I landed in the parking lot in Miami and checked out all the tailgating, I thought I was in Washington.  I've never had even remotely that vibe at a Redskins game.

As for the weather, that might be part of that.  But I just don't find the Dolphins having a large number of local fans compared to what I see in another towns.  They even have a hard time selling out playoff games even though they haven't made the post season much.

I lived in West Palm from 98-05.  Went to 3 or so games and I'm with Skinsinparadise.  Found a lot of Redskins fans at the games.  I was at the Sunday Night Game we lost 24-23 when Ricky Williams ran over our defense.  I believe that was the game the Fins brought out the Pumpkin Nightmare Uniforms for the first time.

Went to the preseason game the first year Gibbs was back. 

I've been to my share of Redskins games, its nowhere near the same, not even close.  The closest I've seen to that dynamic is for Nationals or Orioles games against New York teams.  It's even worse though in South Florida with the Marlins.

When the Redskins played the Dolphins it was in the middle of another miserable season, it was the Rex-Beck year, nothing at stake but you'd think it was a Redskins home game, it was surreal. 

You must not have been to a Steelers, Giants, Eagles, Cowboys or Ravens game at Fedex then. It is ****ing ridiculous the number of of opposing fans. 

We live in a high transplant area as well. You have to remember we have a new influx of people every 2 years after the elections.  As well as this being the center of the Federal Govt. DC is one big mixing pot of people from all over the country.

Dolphins win 34-17.

With Breeland out, the Redskins don't have anyone to cover the slot. That means Jarvis Landry catches 12 passes.

I am definitely starting Landry in my fantasy league this week. Dude should be wide open all over our secondary.

I do recall the Steelers game but that was noticeable because it was the exception not the rule, it happened years ago (7 years ago during the Zorn era) and that is the game that is still cited to make the point.  I've been to games pretty consistently for well over 15 years, I've seen every division rival and yeah they bring fans, and yeah if the Redskins are getting blown out, our fans leave and they stay.  But trust me its nothing like the Dolphins, you aren't going to find 50% plus of the stadium full of the opposition fans.  When I landed in the parking lot in Miami and checked out all the tailgating, I thought I was in Washington.  I've never had even remotely that vibe at a Redskins game.

As for the weather, that might be part of that.  But I just don't find the Dolphins having a large number of local fans compared to what I see in another towns.  They even have a hard time selling out playoff games even though they haven't made the post season much.

That was almost a decade ago. Dolphins averaged 70,000 last year and has received an increase in home attendance each year since 2010.

That was almost a decade ago. Dolphins averaged 70,000 last year and has received an increase in home attendance each year since 2010.

2010 wasn't that long ago, agree that the trend is upwards of late but its not exactly a team that has had an easy time on this front.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article1954799.html

Miami Dolphins take step to avoid TV blackouts

The Miami Dolphins have already sold more tickets for their eight home games than they did in all of 2012, and their home opener against the Atlanta Falcons is guaranteed to be on television.
BY ADAM H. BEASLEY

The Miami Dolphins have already sold more tickets for their eight home games than they did in all of 2012, and their home opener against the Atlanta Falcons is guaranteed to be on television.

However, the team has decided again to use the 85 percent blackout threshold, meaning the Dolphins need to sell just 51,000 non-premium tickets to get home games on TV locally, chief revenue officer Jim Rushton told The Miami Herald on Sunday.

The Dolphins, who haven’t had a game blacked out since 2000, elected to have the same threshold in 2012, the first year the league made the option available to teams who struggle to fill their stadiums.

Still, the Dolphins are trending in the right direction. Rushton said the team has already sold more season tickets than it did in 2012, when the Dolphins had 40,192 season-ticket holders – the franchise’s lowest figure in 30 years.

Other encouraging signs the Dolphins’ fan base is warming to the team:

• Single-game ticket sales are up 79 percent from this time last year.

• The Ravens game on Oct. 6 is on the verge of having the blackout lifted.

• The Dolphins have the second-highest number of new season-ticket holders in the league.

“We’re very thankful for the fan support,” Rushton said.

Rushton acknowledged much work remains, most specifically in the area of season ticket customer retention. The Dolphins drew just 57,375 fans per game last year, their lowest average attendance since 1989.

You must not have been to a Steelers, Giants, Eagles, Cowboys or Ravens game at Fedex then. It is ****ing ridiculous the number of of opposing fans. 

We live in a high transplant area as well. You have to remember we have a new influx of people every 2 years after the elections.  

I actually have been to multiple games against the Giants, Eagles, Cowboys.  Which games did you go to where the parking lots were mostly filled with our division rivals fans and half the stadium, too?   I've also been to 10 Dolphin home games to see the comparison, how many were you at?    No sarcasm implied with that last question but I have family in both South Florida and DC -- people who have seen games in both venues, and its never ran through my mind  or theirs even once that the invasion of fans at the Dolphins stadium feels similar to Fedex.    For it to be the case, many games a year would feel like that Steelers game from 7 years ago that people are still talking about.  I am not talking about 20-25% or when they are blown out at the end of a game and who is left.  I am talking 50% or so right from the start of the game.

Unrelated and a long shot, but I will be in Indianapolis opening weekend. Does anyone know/have any idea of where a good spot to catch the game there would be? I'm sure there are plenty of bars with Sunday ticket but I am guessing the majority are going to be Colts only on TV. Thanks in advance guys. 

I don't see how the Skins can lose this one.  

Oh, great. Now we're openly taunting the Universe for new and creative ways for the Skins to lose football games, this should be fun.

Got him on my fantasy squad so this would make me happy.

I remember when DJax torched us on MNF with Eagles fans openly clowning us at Fed Ex. I wouldn't describe my emotions as 'happy' heading home. More like "this was a complete TOTAL disaster, but Djax got me 50 pts on my fantasy squadsomehow the others in the group didn't share my glee. 

As far as Sunday goes, Skins jump out to a 21-10 halftime lead thanks to Kirk and Jay's gunslinging script which puts us up 14-0 after the 1st 2 drives. Defense looks adequate, but more due to Tannehill jitters and crowd noise than anything else. 

Unfortunately Kirk and Jays inability to go off script and adjust in the 2nd half all but halts the scoring. And the secondary does a couple of their famous matador impressions along the way to a 34- 24 loss.

Oh and Roberts will drop a pass... or 3.

I am not going to make any predictions this year.  But, I will give some advice.  Ignore the experts, they are nothing but TV's version of the bandwagon fans.  It wouldn't matter if the Redskins stink, are average, or have a great season.  Most of them will try to act like they predicted it in the first place.

Fins' D sets them up for 3 easy TDs.  Fins' O tacks on 2 more TDs and a FG on drives starting in their own territory.  Skins manage a couple of early FGs and 2 late, garbage-time, TDs.  38-20 Miami.  After the game, Gruden quoted as saying "What we do, works" and cuts the punter to send a message.

Archived