Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC: Chapo Guzman Escapes from Mexican Prison

The 12th Commandment

Unbelievable.  It's like from a bad novel or something.  

http://abcnews.go.com/International/mexican-drug-lord-joaquin-el-chapo-guzman-escapes/story?id=32391731

Mexican drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman used a tunnel opening from the shower area inside to escape a maximum security prison for a second time.

Monte Alejandro Rubido, the head of Mexico's National Security Commission, said today Guzman escaped from a prison outside Mexico City shortly before 9 p.m. Saturday. Guzman, who led the Sinaloa Cartel was arrested in February last year.

When guards noticed Guzman could no longer be seen on the prison's surveillance system, they checked his cell only to find an opening in the shower area, said Rubido. The opening led to a tunnel made of PVC pipe that had an adapted motorcycle engine likely used to transport the tools needed to drill the tunnel, he said.

Doesn't El Chapo put a ton of money back into his community? I now he's a terrible drug dealer billionaire but maybe Mexico doesn't really want to keep him locked up...

Yup, he's got somewhat of a Robin Hood reputation.  To people who aren't related to anyone he got killed anyway.  I don't doubt collusion on the part of any level of the Mexican Government.  Love the place, love the people, go there frequently but the corruption is almost absolute.

This has been my favorite story all day. It's equal parts mega fail and mega success. Description of that tunnel is just boss. I wonder if the cartels have just pre-dug multiple tunnels into all the prisons across mexico, figuring it's just a matter of time before someone of consequence to them will be inside. Then it's a relatively simple task of getting that person to the correct area of the prison. 

I mean, what else would be a better investment for a cartel don than to pre-dig tunnels and bribe prison guards? The one detail from the tunnel I wished I saw was a fully stocked bar at the half way point. Kinda like a giant **** you to the policia. 

this dude has all this money, and is responsible for killing so many people, because he successfully routes drugs into the united states.

think about that next time you find yourself discussing the drug war with someone.

the only people the drug war is working for are cartels and criminals.

Archived