Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's talk about investing! Stock market, ETF, etc.

Springfield

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Pretty disappointed I didn’t grab any at the time 

whatever you do, don’t fomo and buy the **** at inflated prices. It might continue to go up but CCIV hasn’t even formally announced Lucid and that thing will crater if the deal falls through for some reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I got in CCIV at 32, only 7 shares.  Took what was my cratering AMC stock and bought what I could.  

Then you won as long as you sell high. Good choice homie. 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

whatever you do, don’t fomo and buy the **** at inflated prices. It might continue to go up but CCIV hasn’t even formally announced Lucid and that thing will crater if the deal falls through for some reason.

Don’t worry man Ima sit in my money. I just wish I wasn’t so conservative about it sometimes. 

• Like 1

Anyone else infuriated that Robinhood still hasn't provided 1099s?

For whatever reason, I thought it was a law that 1099s/W2's be provided by a certain date, and I also thought that date was before now.  Clearly, I'm wrong about that.  They've changed the language on this from "Documents will be ready in February" to "Documents will be ready by Feb. 16th" to "Will be ready starting Feb. 16th".  Looking at twitter, I've found not one person saying they were able to access theirs and some rumors they may not be avail until mid March.

Now probably more than ever, folks are depending on being able to file their taxes as quickly as possible.  This on the heels of their AMC/GME BS, tells me this company is eventually going up in flames.

I bought 30 shares of CCIV at 32.08.  I have a limit sale for 20 (two thirds of what I bought) at $54.  It went through, and I  have pulled out a little more than the money I put in.  I still have 10 shares that are at $54 and climbing.  Even though I may have made more by holding onto all, I tell myself all the time to keep my exit points planned.  This way I still get to see what happens with the remaining shares knowing it is all gravy.

I would like to thank you all for tuning me in to this stock. 

Edited by gbear
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So what are you guys thinking?

Take the money and run or hold?

Im holding all my CCIV shares until after a deal is announced and then I’ll probably continue to hold unless it falls. I don’t expect the shares to fall at all until after Lucid is public though. I’m holding a 2/19 option and 3/19 option, both of which are OTM. Those are just gambles with HUGE upside.

All of my CCIV stuff is half my portfolio at least right now. I’m riding this one up and hopefully won’t make any mistakes of holding for too long.

On 2/11/2021 at 2:24 PM, Corcaigh said:

Sites like vanguard.com are a really good place to start. https://investor.vanguard.com/investing/how-to-invest/

If you have no interest in trying to build your own portfolio, the Target Date or Life Strategy funds are a great approach where you decide when you want to start using the money (and/or the level of risk you are comfortable with) and the advisor manages it in an efficient and low cost way.

https://investor.vanguard.com/mutual-funds/target-retirement/#/

or https://investor.vanguard.com/mutual-funds/lifestrategy/#/

On 2/11/2021 at 2:21 PM, techboy said:

Replying to Corcaigh because he mentioned it but others feel free to chime in.

So I’ve been doing some research and stuff and like the idea of a “set it and forget it” type of account.  I’m pretty risk adverse but also know I want my money to make more than just the .4% it gets sitting in a money market.  I’m thinking the 2035-fund makes sense for us not because that is when we will retire (we’ll be mid-50’s in 2035) but we will at least be wanting to really start settling down then.  So should we open an account and drop $50K in there and just not look until 2035?  Also, with that type of fund, can I set a monthly allotment to add to it or would I have to go in and “buy” more each time?

Also, if we wanted to set aside other money (maybe a couple grand) to just gamble with Draft-Kings style, is that something else that would be good to do with Vanguard?

9 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Anyone else infuriated that Robinhood still hasn't provided 1099s?

For whatever reason, I thought it was a law that 1099s/W2's be provided by a certain date, and I also thought that date was before now.  Clearly, I'm wrong about that.  They've changed the language on this from "Documents will be ready in February" to "Documents will be ready by Feb. 16th" to "Will be ready starting Feb. 16th".  Looking at twitter, I've found not one person saying they were able to access theirs and some rumors they may not be avail until mid March.

Now probably more than ever, folks are depending on being able to file their taxes as quickly as possible.  This on the heels of their AMC/GME BS, tells me this company is eventually going up in flames.

I got mine today. Lol. I only had 1 item on there. I use schwab 

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Replying to Corcaigh because he mentioned it but others feel free to chime in.

So I’ve been doing some research and stuff and like the idea of a “set it and forget it” type of account.  I’m pretty risk adverse but also know I want my money to make more than just the .4% it gets sitting in a money market.  I’m thinking the 2035-fund makes sense for us not because that is when we will retire (we’ll be mid-50’s in 2035) but we will at least be wanting to really start settling down then.  So should we open an account and drop $50K in there and just not look until 2035?  Also, with that type of fund, can I set a monthly allotment to add to it or would I have to go in and “buy” more each time?

Also, if we wanted to set aside other money (maybe a couple grand) to just gamble with Draft-Kings style, is that something else that would be good to do with Vanguard?

I have always gone with Vanguard.  They are great for long term investing, and you really can't go wrong with a target retirement fund like the 2035 one.  You don't have to watch it at all.  Honestly, with index fund investments they have in those types of funds, there is not really a reason to watch them closely.  I would think you can do automatic monthly payments, but I have not done that, so I'm not sure on that.  

I have never used Vanguard to buy/gamble with single stocks, so I don't know what they have for that.  They tend to discourage frequent trades with their funds.  The philosophy the company was founded on was to keep costs low by focusing on long term index fund investing rather than trying to beat/time the market.  I would guess there are better options for the recreational/gambling types of investing.

• Like 1