Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's talk about investing! Stock market, ETF, etc.

Springfield

I looked :( I've been getting spanked since thursday though. Still up but dopamine low.

With today's drop I've been able to add to a couple positions which I've been wanting to do, so that's good. Also bought this "dip" on a new one. Aiming for the long-term for what I have now.

Edited by Metalhead
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, techboy said:

Buy the rumor, sell the news!

Don't try to catch a falling knife!

Don't fight the Fed!

Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered!

Dead cat bounce!

Yeah but do you think this is a good time for me to get in on CCIV or not?

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, techboy said:

Buy the rumor, sell the news!

Don't try to catch a falling knife!

Don't fight the Fed!

Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered!

Dead cat bounce!

So...what you're saying is 💎👐

Edited by Metalhead
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, it is still above what it was when I bought.  Since I already pulled out the money of my initial investment, I figure I will let this third of my initial investment ride.  I think the logic I used when I first bought still holds long term.  However, what do I know?  I am no day trader. 

Edited by gbear

This GME thing is a great reminder for me why I never trade in individual stocks.  After the bubble burst on this stock and it dropped back to the 40-50 range, my thought was (is) that $40 per share was still more than double what it is worth.  I probably would have given 50 to one odds that it would be cut in half vs doubling in price from where it was last week.  I'm very glad I did not break my own rules against individual stock picking... even for what I saw as a near certain outcome.  I still think the stock is a terrible investment, but this situation is a reminder that no matter how confident I am about something like this... I could be wrong.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Every single stock I watch was blood red today except for GME and BB barely along with VIX and YANG. I think the market is getting ready to tank.

Probably not. Maybe a correction, probably not even that. It’s boomer money rotating back into things like cruises, now that all the lame people in the world are ready to burn fossil fuels and eat overpriced food in floating petri dishes. Ex: Carnival and Exxon Mobil are up >15% this month. You’re probably watching a bunch of tech and growth stocks/ETFs which are taking a beating in this rotation.

Going to see how markets do tomorrow, and if tech is still going down, probably buy the fire sale close to market closing. The best time to buy is when everyone is having a panic attack.

Edited by No Excuses

On 2/25/2021 at 8:12 PM, Springfield said:

Every single stock I watch was blood red today except for GME and BB barely along with VIX and YANG. I think the market is getting ready to tank.

On 2/25/2021 at 8:40 PM, No Excuses said:

Probably not. Maybe a correction, probably not even that. It’s boomer money rotating back into things like cruises, now that all the lame people in the world are ready to burn fossil fuels and eat overpriced food in floating petri dishes. Ex: Carnival and Exxon Mobil are up >15% this month. You’re probably watching a bunch of tech and growth stocks/ETFs which are taking a beating in this rotation.

Going to see how markets do tomorrow, and if tech is still going down, probably buy the fire sale close to market closing. The best time to buy is when everyone is having a panic attack.

This has not been fun. But it's all about the long game. 

• Like 2