22 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

And that is???

Controlling the poor and minority communities through force

The rest is just window dressing. 

Edit: And, honestly, I dont care that you disagree. Save it

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

I agree with everything you guys are saying... but if MS-13 members get shot accidentally or for "reaching for something" I'm not going to protest or even loudly complain.  They all deserve worse. 

absolutely true

but we both know where this leads. cop will claim every victim of a questionable shoot was MS-13, feared for their life and no justice will be done

• Like 3

Oh, MS-13 members can choke on a whole bag of dicks and die horribly for all I care. But as others have said, it won't end there. And let's be honest, do you really think Trump was truly JUST talking about MS-13 members? Don't think so for a minute. 

• Like 2

MS-13 = Brown people. 

You all need to understand that a major part of Trump's base and even advisors in the White House are White nationalists. They want this to be a white country. This is also in the best interests of the GOP as they're facing a existential threat from the demographic shifts in this country. They can't just round up folks of color and ship them out though. So what do they do? They make it as uncomfortable to live here as possible and and unappealing as possible to come visit/immigrate here for folks of color. It's what's behind the Muslim travel ban. The surge in deportations. This bull****. And more. 

I keep telling my gf and others that you immigrants and PoC need to get over whatever little differences you all have and start sticking together and sticking up for one another. Cause if they have it their way they're going to systematically come for each and every community. One at a time. Stick together cause to them you all the same anyway. And there ain't enough woke white people to turn it back. That's just the facts. 

• Like 5

On 7/28/2017 at 5:05 PM, Llevron said:

Controlling the poor and minority communities through force

The rest is just window dressing. 

Edit: And, honestly, I dont care that you disagree. Save it

Always a good approach to dismiss anything you don't agree with. Furthers healthy debate and encourages dialogue. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Always a good approach to dismiss anything you don't agree with. Furthers healthy debate and encourages dialogue. 

What made you think I was looking for debate on the topic? Lol

• Like 1

‘We’ll never be the same’: How a hydroponic tomato garden inspired cops to raid a family’s home

The police report would claim it all kicked off at 7:38 a.m., but Bob Harte later thought it had to be earlier.

His 7:20 a.m. alarm had just yanked him awake. Got to get the kids — a boy in seventh grade, a girl in kindergarten — ready for school. Then he heard, like a starter’s pistol setting everything into motion, the first pounding on the front door of his home in Leawood, Kan., a bedroom suburb south of Kansas City. It was thunderous. It didn’t stop. Should I get up? Bob thought. Should I not? Sounded like the house was coming down, he would recall later.

Wearing only gym shorts, the stocky 51-year-old left his wife in bed and shuffled downstairs. The solid front door had a small window carved at eye-level, one-foot-square. As he approached, Bob saw the porch was clogged with police officers. Immediately after opening the door, seven members of the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office (JCSO) pressed into the house brandishing guns and a battering ram. Bob found himself flat on floor, hands behind his head, his eyes locked on the boots of the officer standing over him with an AR-15 assault rifle. “Are there kids?” the officers were yelling. “Where are the kids?”

“And I’m laying there staring at this guy’s boots fearing for my kids’ lives, trying to tell them where my children are,” Harte recalled later in a deposition on July 9, 2015. “They are sending these guys with their guns drawn running upstairs to bust into my children’s house, bedroom, wake them out of bed.”

Harte’s wife, Addie, bolted downstairs with the children. Their son put his hands up when he saw the guns. The family of four were eventually placed on a couch as police continued to search the property. The officers would only say they were searching for narcotics.

Addie had a thought: It’s because of the hydroponic garden, she told her husband, they are looking for pot. No way, Harte said, correctly reasoning marijuana wasn’t a narcotic. And all this for pot?

But after two hours of fruitless search, the officers showed the Hartes a warrant. Indeed, the hunt was for marijuana. Addie and Bob were flabbergasted — all this for pot?

“You take the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, all the rights you expect to have — when they come in like that, the only right you have is not to get shot if you cooperate,” Harte told The Washington Post this week. “They open that door, your life is on the line.”

The Hartes would eventually file a federal lawsuit against the county, city, and officers involved. And although a federal judge later threw out their claim, this week a three-judge panel on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit ruled that the family could move forward in court. The decision has larger implications for Fourth Amendment litigation and legislation targeting badly behaving police officers.

The scorching judicial pronouncement blasted authorities for laziness and possible fabrication, the kind of overzealous police work that’s become a sometimes deadly facet of the drug war. And despite the sustained effort of the Obama administration to power down the law enforcement’s more quixotic battles with illicit substances, Attorney General Jeff Sessions has promised to reprioritize marijuana investigations. The Hartes case is a textbook reminder how that can be dangerous.

Click on the link for the full article

On 7/28/2017 at 6:16 PM, Destino said:

I agree with everything you guys are saying... but if MS-13 members get shot accidentally or for "reaching for something" I'm not going to protest or even loudly complain.  They all deserve worse. 

that ....... attitude is how you end up with a dip**** like Dutuerte in charge .    Its a ****ty path to start down.  

17 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

that ....... attitude is how you end up with a dip**** like Dutuerte in charge .    Its a ****ty path to start down.  

I disagree.  I'm still in favor of changing what I see as systemic problems that lead to unacceptable level of police violence.  There are better cases we can choose to rally around than dead MS-13 members to accomplish that goal. 

16 minutes ago, Destino said:

I disagree.  I'm still in favor of changing what I see as systemic problems that lead to unacceptable level of police violence.  There are better cases we can choose to rally around than dead MS-13 members to accomplish that goal. 

absolute bull****.  

asking the police to "<shoot people> accidentally or for "reaching for something" "  is an absolute clear request to march down a **** highway.    

asking the police to selevtively ignore the rule of law is stupid.  plain and simple, stupid.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mcsluggo said:

absolute bull****.  

asking the police to "<shoot people> accidentally or for "reaching for something" "  is an absolute clear request to march down a **** highway.    

asking the police to selevtively ignore the rule of law is stupid.  plain and simple, stupid.   

You're right but I'm clearly not asking them to do that.  I've just said that I won't care if MS-13 is hurt, not that police should hurt anyone.