Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

Fox: Black off-duty St. Louis officer shot by white officer

The incident began with a report of a stolen vehicle. Police followed the vehicle and the suspects inside opened fire at officers' vehicles until they crashed the vehicle believed to be stolen. The suspects got out of their vehicle and ran.

The off-duty officer heard the commotion from his home nearby and rushed to the scene with his department-issued weapon. Two officers ordered the off-duty officer to the ground, but then recognized him and told him to stand up and walk toward them. As he was doing so, another officer arrived and shot the off-duty officer "apparently not recognizing" him, police said.

3 hours ago, Larry said:

Note the difference in that headline and this one:

Off-duty St. Louis officer injured by 'friendly fire' after police chase of stolen car

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/off-duty-st-louis-officer-injured-by-friendly-fire-after/article_761b9cc4-75d1-5023-a38f-c4096f99d114.html

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Note the difference in that headline and this one:

Off-duty St. Louis officer injured by 'friendly fire' after police chase of stolen car

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/off-duty-st-louis-officer-injured-by-friendly-fire-after/article_761b9cc4-75d1-5023-a38f-c4096f99d114.html

Yeah, when I Googled the story, I noted the variation in the headlines. 

Decided to to use that one, because it was the first one that came up, and because I figured few people would accuse Fox of having an agenda to play up the race angle. 

4 hours ago, Larry said:

Yeah, when I Googled the story, I noted the variation in the headlines. 

Decided to to use that one, because it was the first one that came up, and because I figured few people would accuse Fox of having an agenda to play up the race angle. 

Honestly asking; is the headline attributable to Fox or the Associated Press ?

Edit: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OFFICER_SHOT_ST_LOUIS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Edited by Spearfeather

10 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

Honestly asking; is the headline attributable to Fox or the Associated Press ?

Edit: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OFFICER_SHOT_ST_LOUIS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I'm pretty sure that Fox writes their own headlines.  

Obviously I have no clue as to the history of this particular one.  

Taxpayers ought to be pissed.  That 4.5 million is coming from the local government, who gets their money from the people.  Cop is off with a slap on the wrist.  Even if fired they'll be back out there again shortly with a new force, a civil ticking time bomb waiting to go off and wreck a local government's budget.

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

They always take the money. Always. Makes me sad. That dollar is going to keep us in chains. 

I don't have an issue with them taking the money. In a way, even though the taxpayers are footing the bill. You gotta feel like something has got to give. But then you find out Baltimore paid 5.7 million in settlements between 2011-2014. Apparently that wasn't enough to get the city to crack down on their officers. I do acknowledge the city wanted to go forward with the DOJ changes, despite Sessions giving them an out. But it seems that had more to do with the backlash of the Freddie Gray murder than anything else. 

I don't think any family who takes the money is happy their family member is dead or permanently disabled. But at the very least, their children can be taken care of financially. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

"Hey, before you lie on your incident report. Look at the bodycam footage, and use THAT to form your lies." 

That's exactly where my mind went too.....

Being able to watch the replay, form responses to anticipated questions, compare notes with fellow officers on the scene....

all before having to explain yourself.  Not a fan at all.  

• Like 1