Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

10 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

If he wasn't a cop and hit a cop...I wonder how they'ed view it.

if he wasn't a cop he wouldn't be responding to a call

there's no hard and fast rule about how fast a cop can drive while responding to a situation (unlike, say, the rest of us)

just that they have to keep the safety of others in mind.

some places have limits they cannot exceed because safety of others becomes impossible (in their view)

(100 in a 35 seems ridiculously so over the top, saying it's over the top doesn't feel adequate in describing it)

Edited by tshile

Not necessarily need to be fired, but...what about the PD department that was extremely quick to claim Venus Williams responsible in a car accident that killed an elderly man. Now she's been cleared. 

I didn't even know that she was cleared until I saw Michael Eric Dyson on Undisputed this morning.

Edited by DM72

Yea... saw the Venus footage.

Its really hard to see from the distance in the footage provided, but IMO, looks like maybe if she had better driving skills and instincts an accident could've been avoided. But that doesn't mean she was at fault. 

The other driver was going fast through the intersection, I assume trying to catch the light or something like that. It appears as if Venus inches into the intersection which assumes guilt as if she were yielding, but I think its more of a case of her slowing down because of the car coming at her which isn't the best thing to do to avoid a collision, but most people aren't going to accelerate out of danger FastNFurious style. 

5 hours ago, tshile said:

there's no hard and fast rule about how fast a cop can drive while responding to a situation (unlike, say, the rest of us)

The uniform doesn't change the person. He's a young immature person who wanted to go really fast and killed someone. It wasn't necessary to go 100+ mph in a 35 mp zone.

22 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Here's a situation that could have gone terribly wrong for the cops if they were some of the foolish ones in the news. Start at mark .40 sec.

Once she identified herself, calmness ensued.

<_<

This happened to Johnnie Cochran when he was LA's District Attorney. He shoulda have just said, "I pulled you over because black widen should never drive nice cars." 

12 hours ago, DM72 said:

Not necessarily need to be fired, but...what about the PD department that was extremely quick to claim Venus Williams responsible in a car accident that killed an elderly man. Now she's been cleared. 

I didn't even know that she was cleared until I saw Michael Eric Dyson on Undisputed this morning.

I saw the video last week. They were ready to lynch Venus and the family really believed they would collect. Smh.

Searching for a black male, Bakersfield police approach the WRONG person.  Police claim that 19 year old, 5 foot 2, 115 pound Tatyana Hargrove resisted, and "turned her shoulder into an officer, landing on top of the officer in a mounting position" before police punched her in the face and had the K9 dog bite her leg.

Yes, I can see how, with a hat on, cops might have thought she was a male.  But the part about her being aggressive and essentially tackling a cop?!  Does anybody really believe that?!  

How is this real life?!  

• Like 1

They are so used to lying on police reports to excuse their behavior that they think they can get away with anything. 

You're lookjng for a 5'10", 30 year old  bald black male, with a beard, yet harass a 5'2" 19 year old, with hair on her head, no beard of course. The fact they expected anyone to believe she fit the description of the suspect is ludicrous. They part of the description that matched is race: black. Furthermore, they coerced her into allowing them to search her backbag, which she didn't have to consent to because they didn't have a warrant.

And then they had the audacity to disrespect her appearance and say even the nurses at the hospital, that their disgusting behavior sent her to, confused her with a male. I'm sure even the medical staff at the hospital are smart enough not to confuse her with a decade older, taller, bald man with a beard. 

None of this crap will ever change until these officers start seeing real consequences. And not the PD doing a settlement paid out of taxpayers pockets, not officers getting off with zero jail time and the PD quietly firing them(only for said officer to get another job at a neighboring county).  I want to see real consequences: convictions with real sentences, laws enacted that force a prosecutor not familiar with the PD to try the case. You know, actual consequences that may actually force these officers to think before ruining or taking someone's life. 

• Like 2

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/16/us/australian-woman-shot-minneapolis/index.html

Ok, a middle aged white woman in a middle class neighborhood calls the police about something going on in the alley behind her house, when they arrive she goes out to the alley and approaches the police car to talk to them and gets shot through the door.

Bodycams- not on

Dash cam- not on

The cone of silence descends until an acceptable story can be worked out.

I have heard from multiple non-white friends of mine, "Welcome to our world, this ain't nothin new, it's just that you are in the **** with us now". Kinda hard to argue with that sentiment.

But Sessions has already declared that the police are going to be "enabled" to "do their jobs", the handcuffs are coming off.

WTF America..............

• Like 3

These kind of stories would not get attention on the national level without BLM. I'm sure it would have made local news in Minneapolis and Australian news. The people I know talking that All Lives Matter jazz never seem to care about possible police misconduct. If All Lives Matter was an actual thing we should be working to fix situations like this. Without video (heck even with video), I'm sure nothing will come from this.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/16/us/australian-woman-shot-minneapolis/index.html

Ok, a middle aged white woman in a middle class neighborhood calls the police about something going on in the alley behind her house, when they arrive she goes out to the alley and approaches the police car to talk to them and gets shot through the door.

Bodycams- not on

Dash cam- not on

I am not familiar with how the cams work as far as being turned off and on.  Are they on by default and would have had to have been manually turned off or are they not on at all times, and it is procedure to turn both on as soon as they arrive on the scene of a suspected crime?  Either way they should have been on and there should be some kind of criminal charge just for that alone.

http://m.startribune.com/woman-killed-in-officer-involved-shooting-in-south-minneapolis/434782213/#1

Three sources with knowledge of the incident said Sunday that two officers in one squad car, responding to the 911 call, pulled into the alley. Damond, in her pajamas, went to the driver’s side door and was talking to the driver. The officer in the passenger seat pulled his gun and shot Damond through the driver’s side door, sources said. No weapon was found at the scene

That CNN article is kinda skimp on details. How does this literally happen? Like what's the explanation? Makes no sense right now.

• Like 1

Good, I tried to get to the Star Tribune site earlier and it wouldn't go.

I hate hate hate this ****, I hate expecting the other cop in the car to cover his buddy's ass, I hate expecting that the local PD will do everything possible to smooth this over, I hate that this woman is dead with no explanation, I hate that this is so goddam common anymore as to barely raise an eyebrow

4 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Good, I tried to get to the Star Tribune site earlier and it wouldn't go.

I hate hate hate this ****, I hate expecting the other cop in the car to cover his buddy's ass, I hate expecting that the local PD will do everything possible to smooth this over, I hate that this woman is dead with no explanation, I hate that this is so goddam common anymore as to barely raise an eyebrow

why do you say its more common now?

Public notice/ discussion/ arguments/ outcries about police shootings, you don't think that is more common? We have seen a care worker on the ground with his hands raised shot, a man in a car explaining to an officer that he has a legal firearm shot, kids with toys, hell a teenager was killed by cops shooting at a dog, the number of incidents proven to be other than what the police claimed is ridiculous, you don't think this is a problem? and a growing one?

9 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Public notice/ discussion/ arguments/ outcries about police shootings, you don't think that is more common? We have seen a care worker on the ground with his hands raised shot, a man in a car explaining to an officer that he has a legal firearm shot, kids with toys, hell a teenager was killed by cops shooting at a dog, the number of incidents proven to be other than what the police claimed is ridiculous, you don't think this is a problem? and a growing one?

you believe that police shooting civilians is a growing problem for a couple of reasons- its videotaped more, and, even when its not on video, its reported more. probably once a week, theres a headline about a cop who shot someone that you just didnt hear about a year or two or three ago. 

police involved shooting statistics arent nearly as easy as they should be to find (which is a problem), but the data you can find is pretty odd. for instance- 

"NYPD has released an annual report outlining officers’ firearm discharges since 1971. That was a particularly brutal year for both shootings of cops (47 injured, 12 killed) as well as the number of people shot and killed by police (221 injured, 93 people killed).

Those numbers have fallen substantially since the 1970s. In 2013, the latest year for which data is available, three officers were shot and none was killed, and officers shot 17 people and killed eight."

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/apr/01/fran-lebowitz/fran-lebowitz-claims-nypd-has-never-shot-unarmed-w/

The shooting of unarmed 18-year-old Michael Brown by former Ferguson, Mo., police officer Darren Wilson has sparked national dialogues ranging from the racial makeup of police forces to the militarization of local law enforcement.

Another issue up for debate is the use of deadly force by police. On this topic, we heard a noteworthy statistic from National Urban League CEO Marc Morial during an appearance on Fox News Sunday: "The number of killings of citizens by police is at a two-decade high."

The stat caught our attention, but is it accurate?

.....Here’s the biggest problem: There is no mandate that local law enforcement agencies report officer involved shootings to the FBI. While 18,000 city, university, county, state, tribal and federal law enforcement agencies voluntarily participate in the FBI’s annual Uniform Crime Report, just a small fraction of them willingly provide data on deadly force and justifiable homicides within their departments.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2014/dec/03/marc-morial/are-deaths-police-shootings-highest-20-years/

More common or not, publicizing these actions of misconduct is better for the greater good. These injustices have been occurring for decades. We've seen some changes in actually getting these guys in front of juries. Next step is actual convictions. Got to change the idea that fearing for your life is automatically a get out of jail free card.

• Like 2

@grego What you provided only shows civilians killed by police has fallen in NYC, but no data anywhere else. That doesn't prove it hasn't increased either. I agree we need better statistics, but in order to do that PDs need to start reporting these statistics, and reporting them ACCURATELY. One of the big issues with Baltimore PD back when Martin O' Malley was Mayor, they artificially lowered the crime rate by reclassifying certain crimes to make it appear as if certain crimes were happening less. 

I believe it has always been this bad, but the advancements in technology has allowed the media to put it all on full display. 

• Like 1

From that AP article

Noor’s partner, Matthew Harrity, told investigators he was startled by a loud sound near their squad vehicle right before Damond approached the car on his side. Harrity said Noor shot Damond through the open window.

Sorry lady, just erring on the side of caution. 

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Its not important at all, but this does feel like a movie. A "What if" type of scenario.

Maybe the "All Lives Matter" crowd will start seeing that we not mad at white cops killing black people and walking free, but cops doing it period.

Does that mean that if this turns out to be an unjustified shooting, we will see BLM protesting it? 

I think they actually might, BTW. I think it would help that part of the cause.