Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

I cannot find any concrete evidence of this, but I'm fairly positive that brandishing or taking your firearm out of your holster with no direct reason is not allowed for a police officer. Unfortunately, we don't have any visual evidence of this (yet), but if it did occur than I can understand this man's anger. I still don't agree with how he went about it. I've seen people of other skin complexions scream and rant at police, rarely do I see a black man do that and not end up with trumped up charges, bloody and beaten, or dead. 

I do not engage police in that manner. It serves no benefit to me. Recently, probably no more than two weeks ago. I'm driving on Allentown Road on the way to getting my son and myself haircuts. A PGC squad car is following behind me for around 3-4 blocks before he hits the flashers. I wasn't speeding,so I figured he just needed to get by me. I move over into the left lane to let him pass, he follows me. Ok, I see he's actually pulling me over. I make a right turn at the next street that comes up. Get my license and registration. This Asian officer comes up to my driver side, but he doesn't bring himself into full view, making me turn nearly all the way around to look him in the eye. I know this a training tactic in case you suspect a threat. My son is 7, he's sitting in his booster in the backseat. The second officer is standing by my gas tank staring at my son. Both of them have their hands on their sidearms.

I asked why I was pulled over and he says,"You know why...." I take a deep breath and say,"No, I don't. That's why I'm asking." He decides to ignore my question and instead ask me where I'm going. I can tell at this point he's basically looking for a reason to cause a problem. As angry as I was, I kept my cool and told him(despite not needing to tell him anything by law), I was heading to the barbershop. I followed my answer with the same question I asked before. He finally says my brake light is out. I tell him I found that interesting considering I've been pulled over for a 'brake light out' multiple times in the past two years but every time I get it checked out the lights are fine. This guy didn't check my license and registration in his car, he didn't write me a work order ticket to get the brake light fixed like he was supposed to, he just gave me back my paperwork and walked away.  

That isn't as bad of a situation as having an officer draw his gun before he asks you for your license, but I knew what that was and he knew he was in the wrong. If I would've, with full rights to do so, called him our for racial profiling, he could've abused his authority and made life for me and my son hell. Since that day I thought about whether I should've copied down the squad car number, or got his information, something to identify him by and follow up. But honestly, that is pointless when the entire department reinforces this behavior. Ranting at the cop in front of you isn't going to fix anything, filing a harassment report isn't going to fix anything, but going after the elected officials who are dictating this behavior definitely will. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't explain it but I kinda like that guy. It's understandable that he's shaken up over having a gun drawn on him and, while he's yelling at the cop, I never got the impression that he was out of control. I think he was speaking intelligently and from the heart and that's endearing. (juxtaposed with some people who go nuts on cops knowing that they can - such as that drunk chick a few months ago going insane on that black cop on the street). 

I would like to know if there's an actual, real reason the cop drew his gun. Like, was there a shooting and the car matched a description of a car involved, etc. 

13 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I think there should be room enough in this topic to say a cop shouldn't be pulling out his firearm for no reason, AND that guy is taking a significant risk yelling at the same irresponsible officer like that. 

Agreed - But in no way is yelling at an officer hurting 'the cause'. Whatever the hell that is. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

He yelled at the cop who threatened his life.

The fact that you are stuck over the yelling and not the cop pulling a gun out on a failure to signal shows why saying Black Lives Matter is critical.

I totally understand the guy being angry and upset at the cop. But the problem with the video (not the guy, the video) is that ALL we see is a guy yelling and swearing at a cop who is just standing there. I wish it had shown the whole thing because without seeing the part where the cop actually had his gun drawn on the guy for no reason (assuming that's actually what happened...I'll take the guy's word but the truth is we can't know) the video could make some people who might potentially be swayed either way side instead with the cop, who we saw just standing there and taking it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, visionary said:

I find it laughable the Sessions-led DoJ even completed this farce of an investigation. The Undisclosed team, who helped Adnan Syed get a new trial, provided ample evidence that Gray's injuries occurred during the arrest and not transporting him securely just finished him off. 

That case simply proves to unethical officers that yes, you can kill a black man and escape prosecution, no matter how big the case gets. 

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mistertim said:

I totally understand the guy being angry and upset at the cop. But the problem with the video (not the guy, the video) is that ALL we see is a guy yelling and swearing at a cop who is just standing there. I wish it had shown the whole thing because without seeing the part where the cop actually had his gun drawn on the guy for no reason (assuming that's actually what happened...I'll take the guy's word but the truth is we can't know) the video could make some people who might potentially be swayed either way side instead with the cop, who we saw just standing there and taking it.

man, please.

We seen babies die on camera for holding a toy gun outside of a big box store and opinions were not swayed. A cop walking with a gun at a guy for failure to signal and then the guy blasting him was not gonna sway anyone. Nah, people want to nitpick to avoid the real discussion.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

man, please.

We seen babies die on camera for holding a toy gun outside of a big box store and opinions were not swayed. A cop walking with a gun at a guy for failure to signal and then the guy blasting him was not gonna sway anyone. Nah, people want to nitpick to avoid the real discussion.

Thank you. Anyone actually swayed by a guy yelling at the police - even IF it was for no good reason - was firmly on one side of the isle to begin with. 

Y'all really gonna sit here and act like this brotha yelling at a cop is the worst thing to happen for Police-African American relations in the last few hours and I'm going to have no choice but to call you out on it. 

1 hour ago, Gamebreaker said:

I find it laughable the Sessions-led DoJ even completed this farce of an investigation. The Undisclosed team, who helped Adnan Syed get a new trial, provided ample evidence that Gray's injuries occurred during the arrest and not transporting him securely just finished him off. 

That case simply proves to unethical officers that yes, you can kill a black man and escape prosecution, no matter how big the case gets. 

It's unfortunate that we all saw it coming 

1 hour ago, Gamebreaker said:

It's unfortunate that we all saw it coming 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Thank you. Anyone actually swayed by a guy yelling at the police - even IF it was for no good reason - was firmly on one side of the isle to begin with. 

Y'all really gonna sit here and act like this brotha yelling at a cop is the worst thing to happen for Police-African American relations in the last few hours and I'm going to have no choice but to call you out on it. 

You know where I stand when it comes to police brutality, and even if I don't think his behavior was the best. I'm not saying he has no right to feel the way he feels, and I'm definitely not thinking his yelling is the worst thing that happened in that encounter. Being on your best behavior isn't going to affect the cause one way or another, because the people defending the other side just want an excuse, any excuse, to justify rights being violated and police going above the law. All I'm saying is, do what you can to make sure you can sleep in YOUR bed, and not a jail cell. Do what you can to make sure your children still have a father to raise them tomorrow, because there are far too few instances where you have an officer who is reckless enough to pull you over with his firearm unholstered, and will stand there and take a verbal beating without retaliation. 

1 minute ago, Gamebreaker said:

You know where I stand when it comes to police brutality, and even if I don't think his behavior was the best. I'm not saying he has no right to feel the way he feels, and I'm definitely not thinking his yelling is the worst thing that happened in that encounter. Being on your best behavior isn't going to affect the cause one way or another, because the people defending the other side just want an excuse, any excuse, to justify rights being violated and police going above the law. All I'm saying is, do what you can to make sure you can sleep in YOUR bed, and not a jail cell. Do what you can to make sure your children still have a father to raise them tomorrow, because there are far too few instances where you have an officer who is reckless enough to pull you over with his firearm unholstered, and will stand there and take a verbal beating without retaliation. 

Oh yea on that we agree for sure. Survive the encounter. Thats what should be taught to people and, in that, this fool did not help. We agree there. 

The camera was his protection, it isn't on and you have to wonder where (or even if) that guy is today.

My thought is that as irate as he was, he was upset AFTER the cop approached with his gun drawn. What, did the officer know he was gonna get an earful and pull his weapon because of that?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/missouri-braces-verdict-murder-trial-ex-st-louis-100419885.html

A St. Louis Judge can't determine this ex-cop intended to murder a suspect, yet he was caught on video saying he was going to kill him. He also instructed the cop driving the car to ram the suspect's vehicle. Let's also remember he planted a gun on the dead suspect, in order to make it seem like it was self-defense, yet his dumbass apparently didn't expect it to be DNA tested. Let's also remember the cop was carrying his personal AK-47 at the time, which he was not permitted to do by the PD.  

Another unlawful murder. Another acquittal. 

**** dont get much more obvious than this. I mean, they have video of dude: Saying he was going to do it 10 minutes before, doing it, and then planting evidence. If you cant get this guy you cant expect to get anyone ever. 

Its not going to ever ever change, either. 

• Like 1

Sessions wants the department that worked on police reform to now "promote public respect for their work". How exactly is that supposed to be achieved? You earn respect, not demand it. And very few of these precincts have even acknowledged what the root causes of these protests are about. It's them, and how they go about their job. Racial profiling and arrest quotas are the opposite of protecting the rights of the citizens who pay your damn salary.