Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

3 hours ago, The Sisko said:

This would be comical except for the fact that it blows up the nonsense spewed by cops and the back the blue crowd about cops shooting anyone the moment they feel their lives are threatened. The fact is, they're a bit more hesitant with some people. When we get to the point that some people start getting shot in instances like this instead of being given the benefit of the doubt, we'll make some headway. Clearly, black lives don't matter and most of the country ain't budging on that. So the only option is to push for whites to be shot more often in cases like this.

have you read john mcwhorter on this? he seems to echo exactly what youre saying. 

"The heart of the indignation over these murders is a conviction that racist bias plays a decisive part in these encounters. That has seemed plausible to me, and I have recently challenged those who disagree to present a list of white people killed within the past few years under circumstances similar to those that so enrage us in cases such as what happened to Tamir Rice, John Crawford, Walter Scott, Sam Debose and others."

http://time.com/4404987/police-violence/

heres the blog of a former cop mcwhorter references. interesting stuff. 

http://www.copinthehood.com/2016/07/reducing-police-involved-shooting.html

Exactly. Given that dude shrugged off the taser like it didn't happen, and that officer friendly was afraid enough to turn tail and run, that says he should have been shot. The argument used about the SC back shooter was that he thought the guy he shot had taken his taser and hence was a danger to the public. This cop ran the risk of being incapacitated by someone displaying PCP-like strength and losing his weapon. THEN he lets the guy get into his cruiser which also has weapons, though I'd imagine they're secured. I guess there's something about wearing shorts and loafers that says "HA! You can't shoot me!???"

*Edit* Sheesh, what's with the formatting?

Edited by The Sisko

I have always believed that some cops legitimately freak out and shoot black dudes are actually afraid. And I think their fear of black dudes is almost innate at this point. They grew up thinking we were the guys sneaking in their house at night, would murder them without hesitation and don't even know they are that scared of us. 

Conversely they see white criminal #1 and think hey I grew up with guys like this they can't be all bad. 

And as far as I'm concerned being a chicken **** murderer is just as bad as being a white supremacist murderer if you are still a murderer. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Llevron said:

I have always believed that some cops legitimately freak out and shoot black dudes are actually afraid. And I think their fear of black dudes is almost innate at this point. They grew up thinking we were the guys sneaking in their house at night, would murder them without hesitation and don't even know they are that scared of us. 

Conversely they see white criminal #1 and think hey I grew up with guys like this they can't be all bad. 

And as far as I'm concerned being a chicken **** murderer is just as bad as being a white supremacist murderer if you are still a murderer. 

I'm pretty sure I've seen studies on subconscious bias that demonstrated exactly this phenomenon, even with black cops. That's part of the reason that pushes for diversity in police departments rarely change things much. So I think the issue is only partly the cops themselves. It's also related to how society in general sees black people, especially black men. I can't tell you how many times I've been told/asked "Why don't you talk black?" or "...but you're not like the other blacks so X racist thing I just said doesn't include you" or "You're sooo articulate" or "You're pretty smart, it must be your white half, huh?". And some people wonder where the angry in the angry black man comes from.?

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 2

NY Post: Cop who forcibly arrested nurse for refusing to draw blood is fired

SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah police officer who was caught on video roughly handcuffing a nurse because she refused to allow a blood draw was fired Tuesday in a case that became a flashpoint in the ongoing national conversation about police use of force.

Salt Lake City Police Chief Mike Brown made the decision after an internal investigation found evidence Detective Jeff Payne violated department policies when he arrested nurse Alex Wubbels and dragged her out of the hospital as she screamed on July 26, said Sgt. Brandon Shearer, a spokesman for the department.

Payne was also fired from a part-time job as a paramedic after he was caught on camera saying he’d take transient patients to the University of Utah hospital where Wubbels worked and take the “good patients” elsewhere as retribution.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2017 at 10:57 AM, The Sisko said:

This would be comical except for the fact that it blows up the nonsense spewed by cops and the back the blue crowd about cops shooting anyone the moment they feel their lives are threatened. The fact is, they're a bit more hesitant with some people. When we get to the point that some people start getting shot in instances like this instead of being given the benefit of the doubt, we'll make some headway. Clearly, black lives don't matter and most of the country ain't budging on that. So the only option is to push for whites to be shot more often in cases like this.

Well, I’m savinf this video for every single time I get into an argument with a white person that wants to claim there is no bias against black people when it comes to shooting unarmed civilians. 

If that guy was black, he would’ve been dead the moment he jumped back up after laying on his stomach. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/17/2017 at 6:03 PM, Gamebreaker said:

Well, I’m savinf this video for every single time I get into an argument with a white person that wants to claim there is no bias against black people when it comes to shooting unarmed civilians. 

If that guy was black, he would’ve been dead the moment he jumped back up after laying on his stomach. 

A single video isn't the best way to demonstrate a trend. All someone would have to do would be to find a video of a poc acting similarly and not getting shot. Or a white person getting shot (or shot by a poc cop) for no apparent reason. 

The best way to do it would be to find every shooting video you can, analyze and categorize them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grego said:

A single video isn't the best way to demonstrate a trend. All someone would have to do would be to find a video of a poc acting similarly and not getting shot. Or a white person getting shot (or shot by a poc cop) for no apparent reason. 

The best way to do it would be to find every shooting video you can, analyze and categorize them. 

That would be true, if I haven't seen a half dozen videos, at least, with almost the exact same scenario playing out. 

And honestly, I would love for someone to show me a video of a PoC doing what that guy did and not getting shot up. 

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

That would be true, if I haven't seen a half dozen videos, at least, with almost the exact same scenario playing out. 

And honestly, I would love for someone to show me a video of a PoC doing what that guy did and not getting shot up. 

I posted this article just last week. I think it's interesting because the author is saying exactly what you're saying as far as the influence of videos (and the media) and how it influences what we believe. 

time.com/4404987/police-violence/

18 minutes ago, grego said:

I posted this article just last week. I think it's interesting because the author is saying exactly what you're saying as far as the influence of videos (and the media) and how it influences what we believe. 

time.com/4404987/police-violence/

Interesting article. I agree that white people have been victims of police brutality and murdered unarmed by trigger happy/skittish cops. We have numerous examples of that in this very thread. But what that article doesn't really address are the situations you see like in the video, where a cop would've been justified in pulling the trigger on that white male, but for some reason didn't. That just doesn't happen to a black male. Instead of wondering why the cop didn't fire on the suspect as he's racing to his squad car, we're debating whether the angle of where the black male was shot determines if he was really going to pull a knife or not. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

That just doesn't happen to a black male. 

I think I would ask 'how do we know?' 

McWhorter said he didn't believe that whites were unjustly shot by cops. The reason was, he'd never seen it. Why didn't he? 

I don't think the article references it directly but there is a site done by a former cop, Peter Moskos. He has a bunch of police shooting videos on there. He's the one that sent McWhorter 'the list'. 

www.copinthehood.com

4 hours ago, visionary said:

Disgusting. He should have gotten life, not a manslaughter charge w/ a 15 years recommendation from the jury. He shot an unarmed black kid for dating his daughter and lied trying to claim he thought the kid had a gun (dude's own sister even said the kid was extending his hand to shake as he had just introduced himself). 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, elkabong82 said:

Disgusting. He should have gotten life, not a manslaughter charge w/ a 15 years recommendation from the jury. He shot an unarmed black kid for dating his daughter and lied trying to claim he thought the kid had a gun (dude's own sister even said the kid was extending his hand to shake as he had just introduced himself). 

It's cold-blooded murder, but damned if this country ever gets this right. 

17 hours ago, grego said:

I think I would ask 'how do we know?' 

McWhorter said he didn't believe that whites were unjustly shot by cops. The reason was, he'd never seen it. Why didn't he? 

I don't think the article references it directly but there is a site done by a former cop, Peter Moskos. He has a bunch of police shooting videos on there. He's the one that sent McWhorter 'the list'. 

www.copinthehood.com

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not going to say there is a possibility it may have happened and there simply wasn't a camera around to record it. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not going to say there is a possibility it may have happened and there simply wasn't a camera around to record it. 

did you look at the website i posted?

3 hours ago, grego said:

wonderful. i'm sure mr. reilly feels like a hero. 

He should. The single greatest argument I get is "If your people dying is so important to you then what about black on black crime??" 

Now I have a pretty chart with all likes of lines and numbers to satiate these losers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

He should. The single greatest argument I get is "If your people dying is so important to you then what about black on black crime??" 

Now I have a pretty chart with all likes of lines and numbers to satiate these losers. 

but the problem is, its an attempt to downplay or completely ignore a very real problem. the fact that its a prep school, privileged white guy who can't possibly claim to not know (despite not having come anywhere near it) about the problem of violence in inner cities- of which the vast majority of victims are black- makes it cringeworthy and unconscionable 

this is identical to the completely bogus article written by the white girl that was posted last year about the 'myth of the black absentee father'. as if, pretending theres not a problem is going to somehow fix it. but it wont. meanwhile, the virtue signaling white folks feel great about themselves for posting it. 

its bull****, everybody knows it, but nobody is saying it. its a kind of soft bigotry of low expectations. i'd be insulted if i were black. i'm insulted as a white guy. i'm insulted as a white guy who grew up in a bad, one parent household with no direction who went on to act out violently and got himself thrown in jail as a result. my mom was an abusive mess who left when i was 2 years old. dad was around but not involved. that crap messes up your head. across all races, kids in these kids of living situations are 5 times more likely to act out violently or end up in jail. downplaying it results in more screwed up kids and that pisses me off.

let me ask you, have you heard of the rotherham child sex scandal?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

All that is nice but as usual you are talking yourself in circles. 

2 minutes ago, grego said:

but the problem is, its an attempt to downplay or completely ignore a very real problem. 

Point to the exact moment in that tweet where he said black on black crime isn't real or a problem. 

14 hours ago, visionary said:

He only points to the fact that its falling. How is that a bad thing? He doesn't even offer an opinion from what I have read. He literally just spits stats. 

this is identical to the completely bogus article written by the white girl that was posted last year about the 'myth of the black absentee father'. as if, pretending theres not a problem is going to somehow fix it. but it wont. meanwhile, the virtue signaling white folks feel great about themselves for posting it.

Again what are you even talking about? 

i'd be insulted if i were black.

Chill. Saying **** like this only hurts your argument. You have no idea the things that would insult you if you were black. Cause you aint. You acting like you do is insulting, if I am being honest with you. And the only reason im justifying your word vomit with a response. The fact that you can even pretend that something about this information being presented to me by a white guy should be insulting to me cause im black is ****ed up. I dont like that one ****ing bit. And I had a much higher opinion of you than that. 

i'm insulted as a white guy. i'm insulted as a white guy who grew up in a bad, one parent household with no direction who went on to act out violently and got himself thrown in jail as a result. my mom was an abusive mess who left when i was 2 years old. dad was around but not involved. that crap messes up your head. across all races, kids in these kids of living situations are 5 times more likely to act out violently or end up in jail. downplaying it results in more screwed up kids and that pisses me off.

Sorry you had a rough childhood but again his link talks about none of that. Its literally a chart showing that black on black crime stats have fallen at a similar rate as white on white crime JUST SO when some white kid with a link from 2009 shows up on a message board you can shut that ass down. Thats all it is. Again sorry for the rough childhood. And thats honest. Mine was pretty chill in comparison so I cant even begin to understand. 

let me ask you, have you heard of the rotherham child sex scandal?

Nope. And if it doesnt have anything to do with cops shooting black people or cops that need to be arrested im not really interested at this time. Start another thread on it an maybe I will join in. Im not down for another one of your tangents at the moment. 

39 minutes ago, Llevron said:

All that is nice but as usual you are talking yourself in circles. 

Point to the exact moment in that tweet where he said black on black crime isn't real or a problem. 

He only points to the fact that its falling. How is that a bad thing? He doesn't even offer an opinion from what I have read. He literally just spits stats. 

Again what are you even talking about? 

Chill. Saying **** like this only hurts your argument. You have no idea the things that would insult you if you were black. Cause you aint. You acting like you do is insulting, if I am being honest with you. And the only reason im justifying your word vomit with a response. The fact that you can even pretend that something about this information being presented to me by a white guy should be insulting to me cause im black is ****ed up. I dont like that one ****ing bit. And I had a much higher opinion of you than that. 

Sorry you had a rough childhood but again his link talks about none of that. Its literally a chart showing that black on black crime stats have fallen at a similar rate as white on white crime JUST SO when some white kid with a link from 2009 shows up on a message board you can shut that ass down. Thats all it is. Again sorry for the rough childhood. And thats honest. Mine was pretty chill in comparison so I cant even begin to understand. 

Nope. And if it doesnt have anything to do with cops shooting black people or cops that need to be arrested im not really interested at this time. Start another thread on it an maybe I will join in. Im not down for another one of your tangents at the moment. 

cant respond now cuz i'm at work (supposed to be working). i'll try and respond later, but two quick thoughts- i think our interpretations of his tweet differ, so our responses to it differ. second, i think you read into my comment about being insulted if i were black something different that i was intending. of course, there are obvious things that people just know are offensive to people depending on their ethnicity. that doesnt mean anyone can say what its like to be another ethnicity. i actually see his tweet as insulting, self serving and ultimately harmful in that i see it as downplaying a problem. but, again, we see his tweet differently. 

the rotherham thing has to do with what hes doing- the desire for (many) white people to avoid being seen as anything resembling a racist is so strong, they will turn a blind eye to someone of another race doing something obviously wrong. i'll pm you the details later.