Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

@Kosher Ham. Ya, go look at post order again, you clarified you weren't white before I asked you what you thought white privilege was and if it's real.  Still waiting on your answer.

They say treat people the way you want to be treated, no, treat people the way they want to be treated.  I'm fine being challenged to aim higher, do that to other people, some don't like that.

9 hours ago, ddub52 said:

Shaun King lol. Can’t take that clown seriously.

He tweeted a fact with no opinion attached.
google it and learn that what he said happened did happen, then if you have the cells for it, explain what it is about facts you can't take seriously?

Guess who I can't take seriously?

~Bang

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bang said:

He tweeted a fact with no opinion attached.
google it and learn that what he said happened did happen, then if you have the cells for it, explain what it is about facts you can't take seriously?

Guess who I can't take seriously?

~Bang

https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesmatter/news/shaun-king-says-he-s-the-victim-after-spreading-false-trooper-rape-story-px53QwhKsUiA5v5TnPVdMQ/

Lots of reasons not to take this fool seriously. The topic of whether or not this guy is actually bi-racial has already been discussed on this forum. Not gonna get into that again. 

I like your cartoons though.

4 hours ago, ddub52 said:

https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesmatter/news/shaun-king-says-he-s-the-victim-after-spreading-false-trooper-rape-story-px53QwhKsUiA5v5TnPVdMQ/

Lots of reasons not to take this fool seriously. The topic of whether or not this guy is actually bi-racial has already been discussed on this forum. Not gonna get into that again. 

I like your cartoons though.

No, sorry, but all he tweeted was a single FACT with no opinion what so ever.

When opinion is attached, then there is reason for skepticism and/or debate. But when there's not.. just check the fact.  (in this case, i did, and it is true, and I think it does reveal a potential pattern with this guy who killed a man.) 

Check.  we all should do when confronted by something being said as a fact by a source we don't like maybe discussing a cause we aren't comfortable with or disagree with. Truth has no side, and it will not beg you.. it's there if anyone wants to see it. There are plenty of people in the media i dismiss instantly,, unless they claim a fact,, which is easily checked.  Most of those folks earn my dismissal by contorting facts to fit opinion. 
The tweet in question didn't do that.. it just stated "this happened".  and a quick check revealed it did. 

Once we stop doing that we give ourselves to the propagandists,, and that is the attitude they are trying to foster.. because now you're predisposed to back without thought.. to toe the line without giving any consideration as to whether or not you are following truth or not. 

This is a crystal clear example of what propaganda media has done to us. Instead of taking any initiative to discover truth, dismissal and ridicule is offered instead.

And frankly, it takes seconds to check something. Seconds. Google the title, see if there is anyone else discussing it and who they are. Decide then whether or not you think it's propaganda.

Ignorance is really no excuse anymore. There is nothing that can't be checked within seconds for veracity. recognizing there are factions out there attempting to skew truth in favor of narrative (which you are aware. since you feel King is one of them..) this is imperative for each of us to do.. or we open the door for the worst.

thanks for enjoying the cartoons, maybe one day i'll have time to get back to them. 

the podcast is fresh, though. And Shawn King is never on it. Hope you listen!

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 4

1. This racist doesn't know Puerto Rico is a US territory, and that Puerto Ricans are American citizens. 

2. The first cop on the scene basically gives the guy the green light to terrorize this woman until a family member intercedes. 

3. The police only became concerned when the Puerto Rican male is advancing on the racist white guy who is harassing the woman. 

BTW, the first cop on the scene who did nothing is under investigation and put on desk duty. 

• Sad 2

On 6/25/2018 at 4:42 PM, Llevron said:

I still think this all boils down to the kinds of people we let become officers. I think it should be harder to be a cop, and they should be much much better paid. Add some actual consequences for questionable actions and I think we have a solution. Though this has to come from the top, not come the community. 

Nothing about any of that would be easy. But I do think it would be worth it. 

its not just a matter of who we LET become cops... it is also a question of who seeks out that job?

The job of police is already susceptible to attracting some people that just like to have authority over other people (for all the wrong reasons).   With tensions where they are right now, there is a possibility of cops becoming an even MORE insular and hostile "circle the wagons" type crowd, and the type of people we all WANT to be cops to all be driven away.  

there HAS to be a step-down of tension here.   We all need cops.  I would hope that "good cops" would desperately want the more widespread support that would come with greater accountability and greater transparency (eventually).   But there is very little trust on either side of this.. and lost trust is very hard to restore.   

• Like 3

Police typically learn about crime in one of two ways: either someone calls for help, or an officer sees a crime himself and stops to do something. The second category, known among police as an “on-view,” offers a sense of how aggressively officers are doing their job. Car stops are a good example: Few people call 911 to report someone speeding – instead, officers see it and choose to pull someone over. Or choose not to.

Millions of police records show officers in Baltimore respond to calls as quickly as ever. But they now begin far fewer encounters themselves. From 2014 to 2017, dispatch records show the number of suspected narcotics offenses police reported themselves dropped 30 percent; the number of people they reported seeing with outstanding warrants dropped by half. The number of field interviews – instances in which the police approach someone for questioning – dropped 70 percent.

“Immediately upon the riot, policing changed in Baltimore, and it changed very dramatically,” says Donald Norris, an emeritus professor at the University of Maryland Baltimore County, who reviewed USA TODAY's analysis. “The outcome of that change in policing has been a lot more crime in Baltimore, especially murders, and people are getting away with those murders.”

Police officials acknowledge the change. "In all candor, officers are not as aggressive as they once were, pre-2015. It’s just that fact," says acting Police Commissioner Gary Tuggle, who took command of Baltimore's police force in May.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/07/12/baltimore-police-not-noticing-crime-after-freddie-gray-wave-killings-followed/744741002/

After the riots, this was very evident for anyone living in the city. A few months after the riots, some kids threw rocks at my wife and daughter. I chased them to the edge of Perkins Homes. We lived around the corner. Just by chance there was an officer on the corner. 

I ran up to him and told him what happened a few minutes ago and gave him a description of the kids. He just looked at me. He didnt say a word. I said "you arent going to do anything are you?". He just stared at me, not saying a word. He did have a "im sorry" look to him but he just stared at me. 

Thats the moment I moved my family out. 

The cops stopped policing the nuisance stuff. Kids walking in front of cars on the street, throwing rocks at people and stores. It was like the city just gave free reign to teenagers and pre teens. 

I get it. i understand. what is that cop going to do? Chase some kids in Perkins Homes, put his hands on one of them to detain them then end up on a viral video? But what am i going to do? stay in that situation? 

--------------------------------------------------

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-0326-baltimore-population-20180323-story.html

Out of 30 of US major cities, only Baltimore and Detroit have lost population. While Balt County has seen an increase. I would guess the people leaving the City are like me and my family, people of some financial means who have money to move out. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

That's a very childish response to people asking not to be abused. Or, at least, for consequences. 

Cops are working class.  Nothing childish about making sure the bills get paid and your kids can afford school clothes.  I think this is yet another lesson in unintended consequences.  

Look at the situation described above with the teen nuisance problems.  We all know, or we should, that there is no way to detain someone that doesn’t want to be detained without using force.  That’s just the reality of it.  Teens are uncooperative by default, it’s just their nature.  Throwing rocks is a crime, they will have to be detained, but having to use any force on a kid is going to draw an angry mob almost immediately.  Who would want to step into all that just to temporarily stop a misbehaving kid?  Some cops... but increasingly theyre going to make business decisions.  

I’m not saying cops would be right to look the other way, what I’m saying is that we shouldn’t be surprised by it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Destino said:

Cops are working class.  Nothing childish about making sure the bills get paid and your kids can afford school clothes.  I think this is yet another lesson in unintended consequences.  

Look at the situation described above with the teen nuisance problems.  We all know, or we should, that there is no way to detain someone that doesn’t want to be detained without using force.  That’s just the reality of it.  Teens are uncooperative by default, it’s just their nature.  Throwing rocks is a crime, they will have to be detained, but having to use any force on a kid is going to draw an angry mob almost immediately.  Who would want to step into all that just to temporarily stop a misbehaving kid?  Some cops... but increasingly theyre going to make business decisions.  

I’m not saying cops would be right to look the other way, what I’m saying is that we shouldn’t be surprised by it.

The problem isn't that due to the riots, police can't police anymore, it's that they were never taught the proper way to police a city and therefore, from leadership on down, they don't know any other way of doing it that doesn't involve violating civil rights. This was brought up by a Baltimore Sun reporter who spoke about when the change in Baltimore City policing began, and how then Mayor Martin O'Malley, gave them the green light to do whatever they liked. This was back in the 90s, so we've had two decades of bad policing in that city. That is veteran officers, going around and training fresh out of the academy colleagues to unlearn everything they were just taught and do it "our" way. You need to pretty much clean house and start over in order to get a new foundation and a better attitude towards accomplishing their goals. The amount of corruption and abuse that has gone on for decades should be enough evidence that none of the people running that dept should have anything to do with police work every again. 

3 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

The problem isn't that due to the riots, police can't police anymore, it's that they were never taught the proper way to police a city and therefore, from leadership on down, they don't know any other way of doing it that doesn't involve violating civil rights. This was brought up by a Baltimore Sun reporter who spoke about when the change in Baltimore City policing began, and how then Mayor Martin O'Malley, gave them the green light to do whatever they liked. This was back in the 90s, so we've had two decades of bad policing in that city. That is veteran officers, going around and training fresh out of the academy colleagues to unlearn everything they were just taught and do it "our" way. You need to pretty much clean house and start over in order to get a new foundation and a better attitude towards accomplishing their goals. The amount of corruption and abuse that has gone on for decades should be enough evidence that none of the people running that dept should have anything to do with police work every again. 

Even if you cleaned house you'd still have to change the way the system is structured in meaningful ways to end up with credible oversight and real protection for whistle blowers.  You'd have to change the laws to more effectively control police and prosecutors that manipulate evidence or coerce confessions.  The problem is enormous.  

None of that changes the fact that having to wrestle a teen into handcuffs is never a video a police officer is going to want to star in.  The only win for a cop is a miracle occurs and the teen surrenders peacefully, and that's something entirely out of the officers control.  Like I said, it becomes a business decision. 

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

Even if you cleaned house you'd still have to change the way the system is structured in meaningful ways to end up with credible oversight and real protection for whistle blowers.  You'd have to change the laws to more effectively control police and prosecutors that manipulate evidence or coerce confessions.  The problem is enormous.  

None of that changes the fact that having to wrestle a teen into handcuffs is never a video a police officer is going to want to star in.  The only win for a cop is a miracle occurs and the teen surrenders peacefully, and that's something entirely out of the officers control.  Like I said, it becomes a business decision. 

I agree with this, the system isn't structured in a way where there is accountability and those who attempt to stop the corruption don't end up dead before a trial. I still feel like that officer's shrug towards actually doing his job is unacceptable. Yes, if he resists than it can look bad. But unlike Freddie Gray, these kids committed a crime and resisting arrest would be no one's fault but their own. 

8 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

But unlike Freddie Gray, these kids committed a crime and resisting arrest would be no one's fault but their own. 

Thats a nice thought but it has been demonstrated quite a few times that the actions of the citizen(s) is irrelevant to the public’s evaluation of the officer(s) actions

not to mention that even when the cop is in the right often times only a brief segment of the event is released that paints the cop in the wrong. Days or weeks later we get the whole thing that shows the cop was in the right but no one cares about being right. The outrage fuse was lit, people were put on administrative leave, etc etc. 

its not the right decision but I’m not surprised. I remember the outcry and out the cops who shot the dude who was shooting his gun at the police while fleeing. The LEO’s I knew laughed. They’d joked for while “what do we have to wait until they actually shoot at us to do anything?” And here we were, watching a guy shoot at the cops and people were still mad they shot him. 

Both are pretty firm in their stance and neither seems to be understanding of the others’ and only offers garbage generic solutions that make it obvious they’ve never been in the others’ shoes. So, don’t see how this is getting anything but worse for a while. 

Edited by tshile

2 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

I get it. i understand. what is that cop going to do? Chase some kids in Perkins Homes, put his hands on one of them to detain them then end up on a viral video? But what am i going to do? stay in that situation? 

Well they could (and I know this isn't a popular thought in the Balt PD) detain him in a reasonable manner and not take it too far.  In other cities, this type of action is known to police as "your job".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Destino said:

Throwing rocks is a crime, they will have to be detained, but having to use any force on a kid is going to draw an angry mob almost immediately.  Who would want to step into all that just to temporarily stop a misbehaving kid?

I would point to that as another lesson in unintended consequences honestly. Yea I get it. You cant take down someone without force if they dont go peacefully. 

But that mob **** is their fault. Not ours. How many times did they really expect they could get away with killing people and then covering it up before people got tired of it? Lets remember why these protests happened in the first place. They killed a guy. And everyone got off. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Thats a nice thought but it has been demonstrated quite a few times that the actions of the citizen(s) is irrelevant to the public’s evaluation of the officer(s) actions

Correct. Because there is literally zero trust anymore. It was eroded by the police. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well they could (and I know this isn't a popular thought in the Balt PD) detain him in a reasonable manner and not take it too far.  In other cities, this type of action is known to police as "your job".

Quoting for truth. I know cops are painted in a bad light right now. But they earned that ****. The steps to fixing them are clear, however. 

Another thing is, Cops begin to lose the benefit of the doubt in the "tough situations" when they have been shown to abuse their power a lot of the time.  I think out of every single incident posted in this thread, there are probably some we can re-visit and see the perspective of law enforcement, but it gets harder to give the benefit of the doubt when not only the abuse is happening in many cases, the rest of the police force, union, etc etc is looking to cover things up.