Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

Oliver shot into the back of a 2004 black Impala where Edwards was a passenger on April 29 last year. The then-officer claimed the car was about to run over his partner, Officer Tyler Gross, but several witnesses and video taken from the officer’s body camera show the car was moving away from Gross.

Edited by Cooked Crack

Outside of a warzone or actionable evidence of an attempted act of terrorism/mass murder it's very hard to justify shooing blindly into a vehicle.  There's very little difference between that and shooting into a crowd of people because one of them represents a threat. 

Civil asset forfeiture is one of many examples that the 4th amendment is dead and buried.  We're all just pretending at this point.  

They can take your things by simply asserting that they were involved in crime.  The trick is that you aren't charged with anything, it's your stuff that stands accused.  This isn't just an interesting detail, it means that you have no right to an attorney.  If you want to get your stuff back you have to pay for an attorney, which could easily cost you more than whatever they took.  If you don't have the money or time to deal with it immediately, like in the next 30 days, well then you've forfeited your stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Destino said:

Civil asset forfeiture is one of many examples that the 4th amendment is dead and buried.  We're all just pretending at this point.  

They can take your things by simply asserting that they were involved in crime.  The trick is that you aren't charged with anything, it's your stuff that stands accused.  This isn't just an interesting detail, it means that you have no right to an attorney.  If you want to get your stuff back you have to pay for an attorney, which could easily cost you more than whatever they took.  If you don't have the money or time to deal with it immediately, like in the next 30 days, well then you've forfeited your stuff. 

Oh, it's even better than that. 

Since youre the plaintiff, you have to testify that you have never committed a crime with that property, and that none of the money you spent on it came from a crime. 

And then the "defense" (the DA) gets to "cross examine" you, under oath, about any crimes you say you didn't commit. And you aren't allowed to take the Fifth. (Because you're the plaintiff). 

(The asset forfeiture laws are the reason I stopped voting the straight Republican ticket). 

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1

In Edison, a police force under investigation braces for more arrests

Just over five months ago, authorities say officer Paul Pappas clocked in for the evening shift, climbed in his unmarked patrol car and drove to New Brunswick to slash his ex-girlfriend's car tire.

The brazen, bizarre incident -- in which the 43-year-old cop, in full uniform, was found underneath his ex's car cutting the woman's tire -- was captured on a nearby security camera, leading to his arrest, according to the police report obtained by NJ Advance Media.

That arrest, on a minor municipal violation, has since sparked a multi-pronged criminal investigation into the Edison Police Department. And now, a police force well-known for its public scandals is facing allegations of steroid use, illegally running license plates and paying officers for no-show off-duty jobs.

So far, only four others face criminal charges -- Sgt. Ioannis "John" Mpletsakis, 38, officer James Panagoulakos, 32, both of Edison Township; officer Gregory Makras, 33, of Cranford; and Sgt. Brian Rossmeyer, 41, of Bedminster. But more arrests are coming. 

Twelve weeks ago, Middlesex County Prosecutor Andrew Carey said he expects more officers to be charged in the "near future," but since then, there's been no word out of the office.

Law enforcement sources, who requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak about the inner workings of the department, say the county agency has essentially taken over the internal affairs unit and are logging long hours, working through weekends to review timecards and years of payroll.

Concerned about the possibility of interference, the county has shut the locals out of the investigation -- a sign investigators are looking at the higher-ups on the force, four sources told the news outlet.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

This piece of **** lied, and his own partner refuted his story, saying the car he shot at was driving AWAY from them, and that he never felt their lives were in danger.  He shot a 15 year old boy in the head. 

May your sphincter be butchered for decades, you ****ing piece of trash.  Scum. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Throw away the key. I hate cops that lie so blatently. 

If you admit a mistake...you won't get this treatment. You messed up. Own that. 

Instead you lie and look like an idiot. Well, now you have proven that you are an idiot. 

Enjoy your farts that whistle from here on out. 

Denied medical care while detoxing, Texas woman died in a rural Nevada jail

Locked away in the Mineral County Jail for failing to take care of her traffic tickets, 27-year-old Kelly Coltrain asked to go to the hospital. Instead, as her condition worsened, she was handed a mop and told to clean up her own vomit. She died in her jail cell less than an hour later.

Despite being in a video-monitored cell, Mineral County Sheriff's deputies did not recognize that Coltrain had suffered an apparent seizure and had not moved for more than six hours. When a deputy finally entered her cell and couldn't wake her, he did not call for medical assistance or attempt to resuscitate her. Coltrain lay dead in her cell until the next morning when state officials arrived to investigate­­.

Details of Coltrain's death 13 months ago came to light this week with the release of a 300-page report compiled by state investigators. The investigation found that Coltrain's jailers violated multiple policies when they denied her medical care after she informed them she was dependent on drugs and suffered seizures when she went through withdrawals.

The investigators also asked the Mineral County District Attorney to consider criminal charges in the case, after finding evidence the Mineral County Sheriff's Office may have violated state laws prohibiting inhumane treatment of prisoners and using one's official authority for oppression.

To avoid a conflict of interest, the investigation was forwarded to Lyon County District Attorney Stephen Rye for review. Rye declined to press charges in the case.

Click on the link for the full article

4 hours ago, China said:

From the article:

The investigators also asked the Mineral County District Attorney to consider criminal charges in the case, after finding evidence the Mineral County Sheriff's Office may have violated state laws prohibiting inhumane treatment of prisoners and using one's official authority for oppression.

To avoid a conflict of interest, the investigation was forwarded to Lyon County District Attorney Stephen Rye for review. Rye declined to press charges in the case.

"The review of the case, in our opinion, did not establish any willful or malicious acts by jail staff that would justify the filing of charges under the requirements of the statute," Rye said.

The government once again investigated itself and found that no one broke any laws. I'm sure everyone is surprised.  Anyone have any idea what the legal definition of "willful inhumanity" is?  I looked up the law and it offers no explanation.  Google turned up nothing. 

This is probably another example of where those in power require clearly proven intent while everyone else is punished for negligence if our supposedly unintentional behavior harms someone. 

55 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Two things.

1- That article links to a bigger story, with all due respect to Clyde Pemberton, ‘Testilying’ by Police: A Stubborn Problem.  Truly terrifying to consider whats detailed there.  Basically it's an open secret that it's common for cops lie under oath, that other officers know about it, and many of the officers that were caught in the past remain happily employed.  So much for "bad apples". 

2- Being male probably played a major role in that, in addition to race.  When both sides confirm an altercation occurred, I think it's rare that men will be seen as the likely victims.  I think it's fair to say that there's good reason for that, but it can also lead to some unfortunate mistakes.  Anyone remember "8-Ball jacket guy"?  He was arrested initially too, the viral video and his lacerated ear eventually got him released.

Drew McCoy Retweeted AP Central U.S.

"The officer, who was not injured, will be placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation." Now imagine this was reversed. You think there's anyway a person who shot a cop in these circumstances wouldn't be arrested?

Drew McCoy added,

AP Central U.S.Verified account @APCentralRegion
Dallas police say an officer returning home from work shot and killed a neighbor after mistaking his apartment for her own. http://apne.ws/IL3ORgJ 
15 replies171 retweets334 likes

19 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

I am assuming based on the voice of the police officer that he is a black cop.  

I do find it interesting that they never once said the race of the officer in the article.  I am about 99% sure that if it was a white officer, the headline would have mentioned race.

40 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I am assuming based on the voice of the police officer that he is a black cop.  

I do find it interesting that they never once said the race of the officer in the article.  I am about 99% sure that if it was a white officer, the headline would have mentioned race.

Without a doubt. I often feel guilty that I expect this kind of thing to be done by a white cop (not saying I expect a white cop to do this, but that if it were happening and I didnt know any better that I assume a white cop). I feel even more guilty that it makes me more upset when its a black cop doing it. Like my mind goes to what about society makes this man hate us and himself so much that he feels he has to say stuff like that while doing something to messed up. And I have thought about this alot. I know black dudes that really honestly hate black people. I even have tried to examine where they get this stuff from and I think I know but stiil. Its all so messed up man. I wish this wasnt happening in America 

I feel guilty about all of that. Its all so messed up. 

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Like my mind goes to what about society makes this man hate us and himself so much that he feels he has to say stuff like that while doing something to messed up.

It has to be the job, when you're around gangs, murder, child abuse, theft, rape, and drugs 24-7 I think it eats away at the soul and breaks people down.

Humans aren't supposed to be subjected to that crap on a daily basis, I don't care how mentally tough you think you are.

7 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

It has to be the job, when you're around gangs, murder, child abuse, theft, rape, and drugs 24-7 I think it eats away at the soul and breaks people down.

Humans aren't supposed to be subjected to that crap on a daily basis, I don't care how mentally tough you think you are.

My best friend (a cop) says the exact same thing. I saw how that **** effected him. He recognized it early and had an incident that required him getting counseling to stay a cop and after that he decided to do desk work until he could get out of there. He made it, but I was a scary moment. 

I bet you are right as far as the violence and anger stuff goes. But I know dudes that arnt even associated with that mess that believe the same stuff some of these cops do. I want to know the root of that. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Without a doubt. I often feel guilty that I expect this kind of thing to be done by a white cop (not saying I expect a white cop to do this, but that if it were happening and I didnt know any better that I assume a white cop). I feel even more guilty that it makes me more upset when its a black cop doing it. Like my mind goes to what about society makes this man hate us and himself so much that he feels he has to say stuff like that while doing something to messed up.

its interesting how the perception changes (for me) if the guy is black. if he is, to me, he is lamenting that a little kid is stealing, and he sees this going on in whatever black community he is from or familiar with and doesnt like it. it sounds to me like thats his motivation. its not unlike some black leaders supporting the drug laws of the 80s. they said they didn't want drugs to mess up their neighborhoods and believed that severe punishment for dealers would stop it.

thats how i read it anyway. 

26 minutes ago, grego said:

its interesting how the perception changes (for me) if the guy is black. if he is, to me, he is lamenting that a little kid is stealing, and he sees this going on in whatever black community he is from or familiar with and doesnt like it. it sounds to me like thats his motivation. its not unlike some black leaders supporting the drug laws of the 80s. they said they didn't want drugs to mess up their neighborhoods and believed that severe punishment for dealers would stop it.

thats how i read it anyway. 

Naw you are right. I didnt listen to the clip until you posted this. 

I do this often if yall cant tell. Just read Cop tases girl - says this is why there are no grocery stores in the hood. Assumed the worst. 

His voice, more than his words, leads me to believe there is zero hate in his heart for this girl. Just disappointment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Dallas officer enters apartment she mistakes for her own, fatally shoots man inside

Dallas police said the officer called for help and told responding officers that "she entered the victim's apartment believing that it was her own."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dallas-officer-enters-apartment-she-mistakes-her-own-fatally-shoots-n907411

So no interview or drug screening after killing someone, i wonder if everyone gets that privilege.