Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

The officers version is believable imo. I dont know if its the truth and Im not saying it is.

Without a motive (i.e. they knew each other previously, lover scorn, something) I think a jury will find her version credible. She parked on the wrong floor, 4th floor instead of 3rd, his apartment is 1478 and hers is 1378 and directly below his. She goes to open door but realizes its slightly ajar = red flags something is not right, someone broke into your place. From there you have a scared person with a gun and we know how that ends up.

Without a motive, this may be tough to prove mens rea.

Going off her version alone, her actions were not of a reasonable person .. but was it reckless, was it intentional, deliberate indifference? Im not sure where it falls.

Only thing ive seen to disprove the officers version and its a big one if accurate,

“There are witnesses who said that before the gunshots, they heard the officer knocking at the door and repeatedly saying, ‘Let me in,’ ” Merritt told The Washington Post.

Also, the deceased put a big red doormat in front of his apartment door so people would not get confused.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/09/10/dallas-officer-who-shot-man-claims-she-didnt-know-she-was-wrong-apartment-until-calling/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.43342a17bb30

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Bulllllllll****. If a black guy had shot a white female cop, no matter whether he was justified in the situation and was a law abiding gun owner, he would be absolutely dragged through the mud and destroyed by right wing media. She would be painted as a tragic hero and he would be painted as a lawless thug. The only thing they'd be debating is whether or not he tried to rape her before killing her.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 4

The cop said that she walked up to (wrong) apartment and the door was ajar.

There's a viral video going around this morning of a resident that lives in the complex.  The doors are heavy and close automatically like an exterior bldg. door.  I saw the video in Instagram but can't find it on YT to post it here.

It shows the woman who lives in Botham's building open her door, and then let go of it.  It closes fast and slams shut.  Hard.  No way in hell the door was "ajar" like the cop says it was.  Lying sack of ****. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Chew said:

The cop said that she walked up to (wrong) apartment and the door was ajar.

There's a viral video going around this morning of a resident that lives in the complex.  The doors are heavy and close automatically like an exterior bldg. door.  I saw the video in Instagram but can't find it on YT to post it here.

It shows the woman who lives in Botham's building open her door, and then let go of it.  It closes fast and slams shut.  Hard.  No way in hell the door was "ajar" like the cop says it was.  Lying sack of ****. 

Only way it would be ajar is if the deadbolt was out. Even then why are witnessing saying they heard her say "let me in"?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I wonder how far her department is willing to go to defend her. 

If they were smart, they'll cut ties now and leave her hanging.

The social media wave behind this shooting is YUGE, and Dallas PD should not want to be tied to this woman when things get worse for her.

1 hour ago, Chew said:

But why did she do it?

I just dont get the motive for this to be an intentional act. This has to be a lover's scorn situation to make sense to me.

The crumbs are coming in, just waiting for the bombshell "they were intimate at one point" to drop.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

But why did she do it?

I just dont get the motive for this to be an intentional act. This has to be a lover's scorn situation to make sense to me.

The crumbs are coming in, just waiting for the bombshell "they were intimate at one point" to drop.

You may never get that. I would be surprised if we did and it wasnt already known at this point. But you can prove that she didnt just walk in his door and once you know she lied then anything goes. 

i dont love the door video as proof that the door can't be ajar. trying to leave it barely open, rather than letting it go from fully open, would be a much more convincing display. unless shes saying that it was ajar, as in, specifically open with nothing holding it open, you can stick something in a doorway if you want your door open. 

obligatory statement- of course none of that means the police officer was right to shoot the guy. just saying that in trying to figure out what is going on here, i'm not sure that video means anything. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grego said:

i dont love the door video as proof that the door can't be ajar. trying to leave it barely open, rather than letting it go from fully open, would be a much more convincing display. unless shes saying that it was ajar, as in, specifically open with nothing holding it open, you can stick something in a doorway if you want your door open. 

obligatory statement- of course none of that means the police officer was right to shoot the guy. just saying that in trying to figure out what is going on here, i'm not sure that video means anything. 

Very ture. I have doors in my office that will slam if you open them all the way but wont close at all if you dont let them pick up that momentum. And its not like these things get regular maintenance. Very plausible that it was open. 

But if they use a fob there will be very clear records of that. 

• Like 1

I haven't been following the unfolding of this case/situation too closely other than the initial report.

Let's say it was a completely accidental shooting, case of "mistaken apartment identity?"   She still would be guilty of some kind of involuntary manslaughter at the least right?  

As far as the officer's defense teams angle on this, they can't possibly be arguing that she shouldn't be charged with anything, yeah?  Is this just a matter of investigating what charges to bring?

Yeah, Mike.  As of now, it sounds like Dallas PD is acceptng her story of this being a complete accident (which I believe is probably true), but she will still be charged with Manslaughter.  She is solely and directly responsible for a man being dead. 

I don't believe she's denying it in any way, either.  She can't really.  I feel like she may have lied to make more of a case for herself (about the door being ajar for example), but we'll never know the truth about those details because there's only one side of the story. 

Edited by Chew

4 hours ago, grego said:

I agree with you.  My door will close completely if I let it go when it's open as far as the one shown in the video.  It will not close if I release it at a point closer to it's closed position.  The court documents that were released state the following:

She inserted a unique door key, with an electronic chip, into the door keyhole.  The door, which was slightly ajar prior to Guyger's arrival, fully opened under the force of the key insertion. 

So she wasn't saying the door was all the way open.  What she's describing is essentially a scene we've seen in movies and TV shows a million times.  The one where a visitor or the home owner arrive at the door and while trying to knock or insert their key the door swings open on it's own. *cue the ominous music* 

The door being left ajar is not entirely unbelievable, in my opinion.  I've left mine ajar for hours accidentally.  I've also left it less than fully closed intentionally when I'm on my way out and turn back to do something quick, like turn off some lights or grab my keys.  It can happen and it does happen, and now it sort of freaks me out because I've never consider that someone might walk into my door and shoot me dead when startled by my presence in my own home. 

This doesn't mean that this is exactly how things went down, as that remains fully fleshed out in court.  If witnesses heard her knocking and demanding to be allowed inside, that would dispute this particular scenario.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:
It's begun

Next they'll put out the rumor he tried to drown his pet goldfish as a child and a service was done for their community by her being a precog and seeing his path to Sith before anyone else did, like as soon as she walked into his apartment.  Why is this women's head still attached to her body?  Oh ya, because blacks are more likely to commit crimes then other races, sterotype confirmed now I guess.