Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

Interesting, that we get leaks that the victim had weed in his apartment. Like I'm going to believe that wasn't planted there, but whatever. Yet zero information on if Amy's fingerprints are in his bedroom or bathroom, you know, places that would prove she'd been there before and this clearly wasn't a mistake. 

Nah, we'll never hear anything like that. Since it would suggest they are actively investigating the crime and not just trying to cover their own ass. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Interesting, that we get leaks that the victim had weed in his apartment. Like I'm going to believe that wasn't planted there, but whatever. Yet zero information on if Amy's fingerprints are in his bedroom or bathroom, you know, places that would prove she'd been there before and this clearly wasn't a mistake. 

Nah, we'll never hear anything like that. Since it would suggest they are actively investigating the crime and not just trying to cover their own ass. 

And no toxicology report on Gueyger.

If he smoked weed, what does that have to do with someone walking into his apartment and murdering him? The answer is nothing. They pulled this same BS with Trayvon Martin.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Also, I edited a post I made some days ago suggesting she probably was intimate with the victim. But I edited it once the police came out and said they ruled out her knowing him ahead of time. 

Now that we have witnesses claiming they heard her say "let me in", that theory is back in play.  

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

"The police" as a whole has issues they need to address.  But let's not judge all on the actions of a few.

We see this song and dance in literally every major city in this country and you still want to believe it happens due to "the actions of a few"?

I'm not saying they are all corrupt, but we need to let go of the fairy tale that it's just a few bad apples. More like a few bad orchards. 

• Like 3

Not all police are pigs, but Bill Maher's statistic a few months ago is what really got to me.  Granted he was on an anti-police rant so maybe the statistic came from a biased source.  But I believe Bill said 74% of police polled nationwide admitted that they witnessed fellow officers use excessive force or do something inappropriate.....and did not report it.  74% ,that's 3 out of 4 police officers nationwide.

What is there left to say after that?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

We see this song and dance in literally every major city in this country and you still want to believe it happens due to "the actions of a few"?

I'm not saying they are all corrupt, but we need to let go of the fairy tale that it's just a few bad apples. More like a few bad orchards. 

I think the few bad orchards is probably a better analogy.  In that some departments are mostly corrupt (cough....Baltimore.....cough).

My statement was a reminder that there is still a large number police that do good.  Unfortunately they don't get enough coverage. And that is why I push back against overly broad statements like "police are pigs".

Ima be real with you. Im not even sure what police are pigs even mean other than its derogatory and gets a response I like. Honestly All im trying to say is that police in this country have a serious ****ing problem and its not just a few of them. They, as a group, are not trustworthy. At all. And they have prove it over and over. 

Calling them pigs is just faster 

• Like 1

Regardless of the numbers or statistics about which cops are bad and which aren't, the bigger issue is that there are enough either doing bad things and/or helping to cover up/not reporting/standing idly by that how in the world can you blame anyone for having a severe mistrust of the police overall?

When you give someone(s) a badge & a gun and authority over you, there has to be some kind of baseline trust.  These people are here to protect & serve, not to be our masters. 

• Like 1

I think a big part of the problem is the militarization of most police.  I hate how many run around in "tactical" gear inside of a nice uniform with tie and big hat.  I can tell you there is a big difference in mindset when I am wearing coveralls doing dirty work and when I'm wearing service khakis.  Wearing a more professional uniform makes a more professional mindset.  Maybe making more of them wear a professional uniform would change their mindset.

13 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think a big part of the problem is the militarization of most police.  I hate how many run around in "tactical" gear inside of a nice uniform with tie and big hat.  I can tell you there is a big difference in mindset when I am wearing coveralls doing dirty work and when I'm wearing service khakis.  Wearing a more professional uniform makes a more professional mindset.  Maybe making more of them wear a professional uniform would change their mindset.

Agree. But at the same time I do think the tactical gear is needed in some places. I cant name any examples, but there have to be situations when its needed, no? 

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

My statement was a reminder that there is still a large number police that do good.  Unfortunately they don't get enough coverage. And that is why I push back against overly broad statements like "police are pigs".

How many good officers are in the Dallas Police Department? Especially considering what was leaked about Botham and the implausibility of this murderers story?

26 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Agree. But at the same time I do think the tactical gear is needed in some places. I cant name any examples, but there have to be situations when its needed, no? 

I mean SWAT teams obviously  need it.  Sure there are others.  But I would imagine far fewer need it then wear it.

23 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

How many good officers are in the Dallas Police Department? Especially considering what was leaked about Botham and the implausibility of this murderers story?

So my later comment where I agree with the bad orchards statement.

38 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I dunno. I can't think of all that many situations, outside of a bust of a very well funded, armed, and trained drug distribution center, where they'd need that sort of advanced tactical gear meant for military style CQB operations, etc. And in a instance like that, it would be extremely unlikely that regular police would be executing the raid...that would go straight to a SWAT team (or even a counter-terrorism team depending on the situation). 

Edited by mistertim

37 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

That's not what I asked.

How many do you think are good officers? Especially since no one has made a statement even saying sorry for Mr. Jean's death?

No clue.  Don't know that much about them and never had a personal experience with them.  Outside of this story, I don't remember hearing much about that department.  I would have to research to make an educated guess. I haven't seen anything to make me think it is more than a bad cop but fully acknowledge that it could be just that, I haven't seen it.  I can understand them not saying anything until the investigation has been done.  Note I don't think that is the best move, just an understandable one.

34 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Have you done research to support your earlier statement that a large portion of police officers do good? 

it is

Mostly from personal experience.  *cue you saying that's because I am white*.  I also give the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.  Just like I believe most people are good until proven otherwise.

So to answer your question, I've done about the same amount of research to think most police are good as I have to show most black people are good.

• Confused 1