Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

Nothing to do with the SC body slam.....

But sometimes I have to remove myself from "police going too far" conversations because I have to remember that we're not all on the same playing field

When I see people support the police after questionable tactics were used (and btw, I'm not an "angry black man" that hates LEOs), it reminds me of the world that we live in.

I have to remember that not everybody knows what it's like to be harassed by police and have NEVER, EVER been,in a situa4where they had to be humiliated and had their cars searched by DEA dogs when they've done nothing wrong.

I'm a broken record, I know. But normally, I HATE when black people play the race card, its such a cop out. But I've typed out many of my stories about negative experiences with police before, none of which I even received a ticket, I need to remember that many folks don't know what it's like to have a police officer tell you to "show your hands" and be asked "is there anything in the car I should know about?" When you're simply driving home after a movie.

I'm a US Military veteran, I'm married, I work for the federal govt, I'm a home owner, I pay my taxes, etc, etc. Point is, I consider myself a good citizen. Yet I'm terrified....TERRIFIED of police. That's not how it should be....

**** this

• Like 8

Of all the incidents where a police officer has used excessive force, how many do you imagine are caught on video that is made available to the public?  For every one we see how many more are happening which never become more than a filed complaint some police supervisor barely glances at before determining the officer was in the right? 

Yes I think this is the system working as intended, I think police officers are operating under a rule book and training that allows them to react to disobedience and disrespect with shocking level of violence.  This applies even when they are never threatened and the situation prior to their arrival is not violent.  

This is a reasonable assessment, though I would say it's a little bit less the rulebook (still the rulebook some), and a little more a justice system that has begun to value punishment and numbers over, well, justice.  (I'd also disagree about this specific case with regards to violations of policy, though I think you're right that the rulebook would have been interpreted very loosely and in the Officer's favor if not for public outrage).

I think the system is changing though, back when the Rodney King beatings happened, videotaped instances of excessive force were nonexistent.  Now we're seeing them weekly if not quicker.  Combined with the slow creeping understanding that long sentences for non-violent offenses make no sense, I think the justice system is changing for the better.

Nothing to do with the SC body slam.....

But sometimes I have to remove myself from "police going too far" conversations because I have to remember that we're not all on the same playing field

When I see people support the police after questionable tactics were used (and btw, I'm not an "angry black man" that hates LEOs), it reminds me of the world that we live in.

I have to remember that not everybody knows what it's like to be harassed by police and have NEVER, EVER been,in a situa4where they had to be humiliated and had their cars searched by DEA dogs when they've done nothing wrong.

I'm a broken record, I know. But normally, I HATE when black people play the race card, its such a cop out. But I've typed out many of my stories about negative experiences with police before, none of which I even received a ticket, I need to remember that many folks don't know what it's like to have a police officer tell you to "show your hands" and be asked "is there anything in the car I should know about?" When you're simply driving home after a movie.

I'm a US Military veteran, I'm married, I work for the federal govt, I'm a home owner, I pay my taxes, etc, etc. Point is, I consider myself a good citizen. Yet I'm terrified....TERRIFIED of police. That's not how it should be....

**** this

I am to. Just this past summer I was trailed coming from the grocery store for little over a half mile by a cop, who then said he stopped me because I had a air freshener hanging from my rear view. Gotta make sure to tell him I am slowly reaching for my drivers license and registration, so I don't make him uneasy. Then he ask me all sorts of questions about what I am doing in Rockville, and where I am headed because my drivers license says Upper Marlboro. I was picking up medicine and dinner for my sick father, going home. Then he asks me if I have drugs or anything else on me that he should know about, and I just tried my best to be courteous and respectful but had lost it inside. He let me go, and I went home angry, thankful I didn't give him a piece of my mind enough for maybe a forearm . Been several more instances like that. I am not one to play the race card either, but that is the world we still live in. Nowadays, I am nervous when cops are behind me, even though I have no reason to be, and I don't trust them as far as I can throw them.

• Like 4

I am to. Just this past summer I was trailed coming from the grocery store for little over a half mile by a cop, who then said he stopped me because I had a air freshener hanging from my rear view.

That is seriously ****ed up. Seriously.

Air fresheners are now weapons? Or illegal? Did he want to check out which scent it was, pine or strawberry? Which one presents more of a threat?

I mighta lost my mind if he'd said some dumb **** like that to me.

I am to. Just this past summer I was trailed coming from the grocery store for little over a half mile by a cop, who then said he stopped me because I had a air freshener hanging from my rear view. Gotta make sure to tell him I am slowly reaching for my drivers license and registration, so I don't make him uneasy. Then he ask me all sorts of questions about what I am doing in Rockville, and where I am headed because my drivers license says Upper Marlboro. I was picking up medicine and dinner for my sick father, going home. Then he asks me if I have drugs or anything else on me that he should know about, and I just tried my best to be courteous and respectful but had lost it inside. He let me go, and I went home angry, thankful I didn't give him a piece of my mind enough for maybe a forearm . Been several more instances like that. I am not one to play the race card either, but that is the world we still live in. Nowadays, I am nervous when cops are behind me, even though I have no reason to be, and I don't trust them as far as I can throw them.

I was tailed by a cop for a mile or so before being pulled over for having a parking permit hanging from my rear-view mirror. I was questioned about what I was doing and asked if I had any weapons on me that he should know about (so I told him about the knife I was carrying which he inquired as to why I would have). So it does happen to white people, too.

Not supposed to have anything hanging from your mirror while driving. Obstructs your view of the road, a safety hazard potentially.

I learned that a long, long time ago.

So they say. Of course in actual experience, the part of my view that was "obstructed" was non-traffic-related periphery. I bet they just hate fuzzy dice.

EXCLUSIVE: Queens cop accused of accessing suspect’s nude photos struggles to find representation

Both the city and union lawyers are refusing to represent a Queens cop accused of forwarding a suspect’s racy photos and videos to his own phone, the Daily News has learned.

Officer Sean Christian is scrambling to find legal representation after Pamela Held sued him in federal court, saying the 12-year NYPD veteran invaded her privacy by accessing 20 nude photos and five videos on her iPhone that were meant for her boyfriend’s eyes only.

“It happened while he was on duty,’’ said Held’s lawyer, Richard Soleymanzadeh. “It happened while he and other members of the department were conducting an investigation.”

Christian was a cop at the 104th Precinct in February 2013 when police pulled over Held because her car had no inspection sticker. After cops found prescription drugs in the car, they arrested Held on misdemeanor drug charges, which were later dropped.

During questioning, Held gave a female cop the security code to unlock her iPhone so she could show police text messages that proved her whereabouts. Police held her cell while she was processed and given a desk appearance ticket.

After Held got her phone back, Christian followed her to her car and flirted with her, she said.

Later, she realized the photos and videos had been forwarded to a number she didn’t recognize. Her lawyer traced it to Christian.

Click on the link for the full article

In all my years of driving cops have been courteous and have never asked why I was in certain neighborhoods or asked if I was carrying weapons. Hell when I was a teenager driving with expired tags in the early hours of the morning all they've done is write me a ticket. Never onced have they asked if I've been drinking or doing drugs.

Reading all these stories online and in the news saddens me. There's no reason for cops to be hard on citizens who have done nothing wrong. They're supposed to protect us and serve. Now I plan on using my recorder if I ever get pulled over again. Stay strong people.

Former Bethel police officer charged with attempted sexual assault

A Bethel police officer tried to sexually assault an intoxicated woman while on the job earlier this fall, prosecutors said Thursday. Aaron Fedolfi, 23, faces one charge of third-degree attempted sexual assault by a police officer and one count of official misconduct by the Office of Special Prosecution.

Fedolfi is no longer on the force and was still at large Thursday evening, but a warrant has been issued for his arrest, the state Attorney General’s Office said.  

According to charging documents filed in Bethel courts Thursday, in the early hours of Sept. 12, a Bethel woman was walking south down Ridgecrest Drive when Fedolfi's Bethel Police Department cruiser stopped in front of her in a cul-de-sac.

The woman got into the car and Fedolfi headed for the dog pound, documents say. It’s unclear why she got into the car or why Fedolfi drove to the pound, but the woman was “in his custody or apparent custody,” according to a release. 

When they got to the pound, the woman told investigators, Fedolfi got out of the car, opened her door and tried to force her to perform oral sex on him, the charging documents say.

“(The woman) stated she told Fedolfi to stop and asked him if he had ‘done this before’ at which point Fedolfi took his hands off her head,” charging documents say.

She then pushed the officer away with her foot and ran back toward town until another officer stopped her.

Click on the link for the full article

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/police-union-quentin-tarantino-surprise_563bfddde4b0411d3070793c

Police Union Threatens Quentin Tarantino With 'Surprise'

The head of the Fraternal Order of Police said he has a "surprise" for filmmaker Quentin Tarantino.

Jim Pasco, executive director of the largest U.S. police union, offered the creepy statement Thursday to The Hollywood Reporter, vowing to get back at the "Pulp Fiction" director for comments decrying police brutality at a rally last month.

Pasco wouldn't give details, but promised the union will "be opportunistic" with the surprise some time before the premiere of Tarantino's new film, "The Hateful Eight."

"Something is in the works, but the element of surprise is the most important element," Pasco said. "Something could happen anytime between now and [the premiere]. And a lot of it is going to be driven by Tarantino, who is nothing if not predictable."

Pasco said the plan isn't a threat of physical violence. It will aim to hurt Tarantino "in the only way that seems to matter to him, and that's economically," he said.

Perhaps it would be nice if instead of targeting people who speak out against corruption and scandals in their departments, they actually aimed to fix them. But that's probably asking too much from our broken law enforcement system that incentivizes cover ups instead of accountability.

• Like 6

This part annoys the hell out of me:

Edmonson also said video footage of the incident does exist, but that investigators have not reviewed it. He added that the officers involved – there are four – had so far refused to speak with state police investigators. Police have not released the names of the involved officers.

Asked by the Guardian what reason they offered for their silence, Edmonson said: “You’d have to ask them. We are trying to talk with them.”

Why can't they just be dragged into separate room and asked to explain what happened as soon as possible? The kind of thing cops would normally do when trying to figure out what happened. If they lawyer up and decline to say anything fine, but the fact that they can just shrug off questions because they are law enforcement until they are ready to tell everyone their version of events is unacceptable.

The moment it happened they should have been detained, questioned, and tested for alcohol or drugs. Just like anyone else.

I ****ing hate cops and I'm ****ing sick and tired of cops abusing their power and acting like they can do whatever they ****ing want. Oh you got a gun just fire it off won't you...you're not supposed to shoot random ****ing people off the damn street. That's your LAST course of action. 

I heard in the news about a woman cop freed from charges for shooting some unarmed man. You shot someone who wasn't doing anything. Why do we have to kill? I mean sometimes I wish we lived in jolly ol' England so we can just hit these miscreants with a bobby stick a nd then they spend the night in jail. A drunk guy on drugs is not a ****ing dangerous LETHAL threat. Just taze him and move on 

ya could always move .

tell me why innocent people get shot and killed. Tell me why cops don't bother with de-escalating the situation anymore. Tell me why cops think it's okay to drag students across floors as if they were a mop, taze high schoolers at a party, shoot children holding toy guns (in this case the cop just drove by and shot him...basically a "legal drive-by"), tell me why why why

Listen I love people okay. People are very nice and friendly. And when some jackass cop feels like he's the BIG MAN NOW and tries to exert his authority by shooting people because of race it's absolutely ****ing ridiculous and they should absolutely lose their job. These Black Lives Matter protesters are right. They do matter. And the cops should stop ****ing acting like there's no due process anymore. I remember living in an America where we were innocent before we were proven guilty in a court of law. I remember living in an America where we weren't shot and killed randomly because of race or because the cop THOUGHT or ASSUMED without assessing the situation that someone was a threat, I remember living in an America where people weren't abused and tackled down for no reason at all. 

Cops make mistakes. It happens. They just shouldn't be deadly mistakes. If you see someone acting up, confront them. Do not shoot them as a first course of action. Do not instigate or accelerate the situation by provoking him. Talk to him. Reason with him. I think cops are too trigger happy and lazy. No one wants to do actual police work anymore. What's that? Too much work talking to people, de-escalating situations. I'll just ****ing shoot them with my gun and be done with it. It's PATHETIC and as corrupt as can be and it has to ****ing STOP. 

• Like 2

I ****ing hate cops and I'm ****ing sick and tired of cops abusing their power and acting like they can do whatever they ****ing want. Oh you got a gun just fire it off won't you...you're not supposed to shoot random ****ing people off the damn street. That's your LAST course of action.

I heard in the news about a woman cop freed from charges for shooting some unarmed man. You shot someone who wasn't doing anything. Why do we have to kill? I mean sometimes I wish we lived in jolly ol' England so we can just hit these miscreants with a bobby stick a nd then they spend the night in jail. A drunk guy on drugs is not a ****ing dangerous LETHAL threat. Just taze him and move on

You ****ing hate cops? Good call.

• 2 weeks later...

Video Shows California Police Brutally Beating a Suspected Car Thief

http://bit.ly/1YdQYwA

A suspected car thief was brutally beaten by multiple Alameda County sheriff's deputies on Thursday, following a car chase through San Francisco. Surveillance footage of the encounter was released by the San Francisco Public Defender's office on Friday after witnesses voiced concerns about the arrest. (More at link above)

As Rodney King and too many others have discovered, you're supposed to lay perfectly still until the cops get tired of beating the **** out of you. Otherwise, you still pose a threat, are resisting and hence in need of more beating up. Good thing the numerous "good" cops showed up and stopped these guys from protecting and serving this guy to within an inch of his life. Oh, wait.

• Like 1

Video Shows California Police Brutally Beating a Suspected Car Thief

http://bit.ly/1YdQYwA

As Rodney King and too many others have discovered, you're supposed to lay perfectly still until the cops get tired of beating the **** out of you. Otherwise, you still pose a threat, are resisting and hence in need of more beating up. Good thing the numerous "good" cops showed up and stopped these guys from protecting and serving this guy to within an inch of his life. Oh, wait.

Ahhhhhhh. He injured an officer when he was escaping in his car. That's definitely why they kept beating on him even though he had given up. He injured an officer so his rights were no longer valid and they get to be judge, jury, and punisher.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 2