Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

Please don't take this as me condoning the actions of some officers because I sure don't. But others have pointed out what they did wrong so I'm not going to go more into that. But why don't more people bring up the concerning lack of respect for authority of some people?

Perhaps it's the mixed messages we stupid adults keep sending them.  We exist in a society that rejects violence, rejects bullies, and faints the notion of beating children.  Parents are not supposed to attack children that refuse to obey.  Teacher are not allowed to touch them.  Children exist in an environment where pushing back, especially as teens, is seen as expected and is punished talks, temporary loss of cell phone, and maybe a nice trip to a therapist.

Cops are the good guys.  If a parent attacks a child like a raging lunatic for disobedience and police officer might just come and take that parent away.  If a teacher or a boss attacks a child, the same thing.  We do not allow for violence as a means of solving interpersonal conflict. 

But then we place a child in the hands of one of these good guy heroes and that teenager does exactly what you can expect.  They push back, react badly, and misbehave.  And the good guy with a badge... attacks her in a rage.

From what I understand he coaches Football at the school, also that he works at the school as security. He is a Sherriff's deputy, but from what I gather he either works a different shift for the police, or it could be his day off.

We had security at my HS in DC and that was over 25 years ago. They would be called for fights and such. That part is understandable to me.

His reaction is not. From the Nightline piece I watched, the kids already called him "Officer Slam" (as he has built a rep). Also from that same piece, he was unsuccessfully sued a few years ago by a man that he allegedly attacked, because the man allegedly simply called him "Bro" after he was legally stopped for something.

Even if the kid misbehaved and hit an officer that's no right to go Rambo on the kid. Call for backup if she's being belligerent. 

I remember teenagers used to get aggressive, anyone who's ever dealt with a rambunctious teen knows they don't give a ****. They'll say anything back, and sometimes they might even get aggressive too. Hormonal ****. So just call in backup and take her out. The assistant principal and teacher were there. Couldn't they help the cop get her out? Why did she have to be attacked? 

I'm not saying that girl is right for what she did. But what I am saying is that she should have been treated with more dignity. And I know what you all grew up with, being hit and spanked and hit with twigs and all that corporal punishment bs. I'm not here to say you can't spank your kids because you can. But you can't drag them across the floor like they're inhuman scum. Regardless of what she did. She's still a kid. 

• Like 1

The news last night showed a cop in Baltimore who was working in the schools. He was making an effort to reach out to the children and the children loved him back. He seemed like the model of what a cop should be in schools. They're there to make sure everyone is safe. They're there for community outreach. They are there chilling with the kids but also enforce laws when necessary. You could see this cop had a genuine interest in changing and helping young people's lives. "Hey, how's everything with you. What grade are you in now." 

This is a role model for our kids in high school. Not this angry ass dude trying to bully around students. Yeah, I said it. He's nothing but a bully. Dude has a long ass track record of alleged racial abuse (at least 3 incidents) and people trying to tell me "he's just doing his job". Nonsense. 

The first thing he needs to do is de-escalate the situation and cooperate with her. You can't just come in and make threats and try to intimidate and then when it all fails just throw her out her chair and drag her out. That's very inhumane. We're humans. Give us some dignity, man. 

• Like 1

I simply cannot believe what I saw. 

The officer should've enlisted the help of someone, where they could try to remove her, one on each arm.=(if that was the ultimate goal).

No way one of my grandkids disobeys me.   Threaten to call grandma, they'll straighten up quick.  I promise.  I've never even swatted one.  I don't have to.  They know "that look".

If it was purely about control, there'd be no need for a use of force continuum or laws against excessive force by police.  It's obviously not, it's about controlling and defusing the situation as peaceably as possible.

what does your chart say after giving verbal commands is ignored?

wait them out? ....call in pizza? 

the officer then moves to physically move the student, who if at that time strikes the officer .....chart says? :)

the officer then moves to physically move the student, who if at that time strikes the officer .....chart says? :)

Well I assume the chart says that if a student, strikes an officer that the officer should rip the student from their desk and slam the student and their desk down onto the floor and drag them out of the room.

I mean that seems like the logical way to deal with a student that poses no harm to anyone. Instead of getting backup to help in removal of the student.

I dont have a problem with the student being forcibly removed if the school wanted her out and she wouldnt comply. But that can be done without doing what the officer did. Heck, Im sure this officer and someone else could even have picked up the desk and walked her out the door. So many ways to deal with this, even forcibly, without harming the student or slamming them.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 2

I dont have a problem with the student being forcibly removed if the school wanted her out and she wouldnt comply. But that can be done without doing what the officer did. Heck, Im sure this officer and someone else could even have picked up the desk and walked her out the door. So many ways to deal with this, even forcibly, without harming the student or slamming them.

perhaps throw a cargo net over her and bring in a dolly?...bad visual probably but it does ensure her safety

of course straps are called for as well to prevent capsizing/injury....imagine the outcry if she fell from a elevated position.

You wouldn't strike at ANYONE grabbing you by the throat?  I know I would.

Then again, I was taught that you always mind your elders.  I'm not that girl, never would be.

But instincts to save your life kick in when your throat/neck area is threatened.  That throwing of her with the desk could've easily broken her neck, BEFORE the second throw.

You wouldn't strike at ANYONE grabbing you by the throat?  I know I would.

Then again, I was taught that you always mind your elders.  I'm not that girl, never would be.

But instincts to save your life kick in when your throat/neck area is threatened.  That throwing of her with the desk could've easily broken her neck, BEFORE the second throw.

she struck the officer before he went for her throat to control her.

perhaps throw a cargo net over her and bring in a dolly?...bad visual probably but it does ensure her safety

of course straps are called for as well to prevent capsizing/injury....imagine the outcry if she fell from a elevated position.

Just one of many options that popped to mind outside of slamming the kid into the ground. But of course, dont address the actual issue.

she struck the officer before he went for her throat to control her.

Video

How in the world does that video backup what you are saying? All I see is him grabbing her and her weakly whacking at him after he has his arm around her head/throat. Im not even going to bother with this anymore. If you think what that video shows the cop doing to that little girl is perfectly reasonable, there is literally no point.

• Like 1

There is more to the incident than just what was recorded. The guy didn't just walk into a random classroom and randomly choose a girl to rip out of her chair

We all know that.

twa, I know...in your world & mine, you get your ass whooped in school, it was warranted, and you're probably gonna get it ten times worse when you get home.

These ain't those times. I wouldn't want that to happen to a member of YOUR family, even if you're okay with it. I've...how do we say it?...evolved.

I simply cannot believe what I saw.

The officer should've enlisted the help of someone, where they could try to remove her, one on each arm.=(if that was the ultimate goal).

No way one of my grandkids disobeys me. Threaten to call grandma, they'll straighten up quick. I promise. I've never even swatted one. I don't have to. They know "that look".

a assistant principal and teacher could easily have helped. Then there is no viral video.
  • Like 1

There is more to the incident than just what was recorded. The guy didn't just walk into a random classroom and randomly choose a girl to rip out of her chair

Of course. The girl was obviously acting up and causing trouble. Thats why an officer was called to remove her. I have no issue with forcibly removing her if she refused to leave after school officials asked her to. The issue is with the force, slamming the girl into the ground. There are so many other ways it could/should have been handled without doing that.

Everyone ****ing knows the girl isn't innocent. But what right does that guy have to bully her into submission?

Should she have been tazed?

In my day you just got her out by taking her desk out. This is just bullying. Adults shouldn't bully children physically and this is basically child abuse. Real man beating up on a girl. Hope you're proud of yourself, you asshole.

Edited by ixcuincle

A teenage girl had a smart mouth and a bad attitude. SHOCKER.

A 15 year old girl wouldnt cooperate, I guess that's the green light to WWF her ass. Smfh

If that's all that happened, then he's going to get his. But is that all that happened?

A teenage girl had a smart mouth and a bad attitude. SHOCKER.

A 15 year old girl wouldnt cooperate, I guess that's the green light to WWF her ass. Smfh

teenagers are naturally Moody and hate authority. What about special needs?

This is just free reign to attack anyone just because they don't listen. If it's an adult I'd be more tolerant. Adults know rules and law. It's a teenager! It's a student!

If that's all that happened, then he's going to get his. But is that all that happened?

Stories already written Kilmer, she struck him. We use language like that when we want to pretend the child deserved to get choke slammed while sitting at her desk.

dunno.  i've read online (not sure if true) that she apparently swung at the cop, before sitting down in the desk and refusing to move.

All I have to say is, there are plenty of ES members with daughters. Can you rewatch the video of the cop tossing her around like a ragdoll, and imagine that was YOUR daughter?!  what in the actual ****?

Stories already written Kilmer, she struck him. We use language like that when we want to pretend the child deserved to get choke slammed while sitting at her desk.

I certainly agree he should have backed off and tased her....a 'child' that behaves in such a manner probably needs a tranquilizer dart

How in the world does that video backup what you are saying? All I see is him grabbing her and her weakly whacking at him after he has his arm around her head/throat. Im not even going to bother with this anymore. If you think what that video shows the cop doing to that little girl is perfectly reasonable, there is literally no point.

in the first second of the vid she clearly strikes the officer BEFORE he went to control the head

it might not have been enough of a blow to matter to some, but it ain't you getting hit

in the original vid ya can even see him react to being hit before taking control of her if ya look 

behave like a little girl and ya get treated  better

I can't believe the amount of people that believe this cop is justified in his actions. Their defense is always something like "Oh, I guess after he asks her to get up, he should have just called it a day and left!"

Ridiculous.

There is obviously some middle ground that officer could have taken. By all accounts, the officer was a pretty strong dude. She is a adolescent girl. You don't think he could have apprehended her with a little less excessive force? You don't think he could have subdued her in a less berserking way? There was absolutely no need for that ****. Just by looking at the (lack of) reaction from the other classmates, you can tell this dude has a rep for being a dick.

• Like 1