Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

Why is it legal for the police and a DA to go into a court room hiding evidence or twisting so dishonestly? I assume it's legal because you hear about it fairly frequently and yet no one ever faces serious punishment. The judge even refused to sanction the prosecution.

And the guy was still sent to jail from charges related to fleeing for his life after surviving and attack by a crazied officer that shot himself while trying to be a badass.

Why is it legal for the police and a DA to go into a court room hiding evidence or twisting so dishonestly? I assume it's legal because you hear about it fairly frequently and yet no one ever faces serious punishment. The judge even refused to sanction the prosecution.

And the guy was still sent to jail from charges related to fleeing for his life after surviving and attack by a crazied officer that shot himself while trying to be a badass.

It isn't legal, but they get away with it. I just got finished listening to the Undisclosed Podcast and Adnan Syed's legal defense in the murder of Hae Min Ling. The Serial Podcast made it a worldwide story, this podcast is a bit biased but the information they provide is damning of the Baltimore PD. They too held evidence from the defense, had an expert lie on the stand, and basically harassed and intimidated their only witness into a spoon-fed story they created to get the conviction. 

I hope I never become a suspect in a case or get pulled over by one of these sickos(not all cops). Because there is a high likelihood you're going to jail regardless of your innocence, and you could be there for a very long time before the wrongdoing is corrected. 

• Like 1

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/21/nyregion/new-york-police-sergeant-commits-suicide-after-sex-crime-charges.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

New York Police Sergeant Commits Suicide After Sex-Crime Charges

A New York police sergeant who was arrested this month on charges that he had sex with an underage girl he met online committed suicide on Thursday, the police said.

The sergeant, Joel Doseau, 43, who was suspended after his arrest, killed himself at the home of a relative in Canarsie, Brooklyn, a police official said.

A family member who discovered Sergeant Doseau’s body called 911. The official could not immediately provide details on the cause of death but noted that “his guns were removed” when the sergeant was suspended after his arrest.

Sergeant Doseau was arrested on Aug. 5 and arraigned in State Supreme Court in Brooklyn on 40 criminal counts, including rape, sexual abuse, sexual misconduct and the use of a child in a sexual performance. He had worked for the Police Department for 12 years at the time of his arrest and was assigned to the Brooklyn South command.

Law enforcement officials said he met his accuser online and asked her to send him sexually explicit pictures when she was 14 and living in another state. She came to visit him when she was 14, officials said, and the two began a sexual relationship in 2008 when she was 15. The police said the relationship continued until 2010, when she was 17. She is now 23.

Sergeant Doseau was charged with four counts of third-degree rape — statutory rape — because his accuser was under the age of consent when the alleged sexual activity took place. The age of consent in New York State is 17.

Edited by visionary

In keeping with the spirit of this thread, that one is just a scumbag that happens to be a cop, not a cop that is a scumbag for doing scummy cop things.

Hmmm, perhaps.  But I wonder if he used his position to help him commit the crime and if anyone helped keep it quiet.

Some more details:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nypd-cop-indicted-on-40-charges-of-raping-young-girl_55c3b72ee4b0f1cbf1e43695

Doseau, who reportedly earned $101,000 last year with the NYPD, met the girl online when she was 14 years old. He allegedly lied about his own age online, and she sent him nude photographs.

Jesus Christ, they make six figures?  That has to include the bribes and shakedowns.

I like that you watched a video with a cop shaking down a guy under threat of impounding his car, but you took offense to that. Good times.

Sorry, my disdain for corrupt authority figures goes without saying. It's among the things I hate most in the world. Nothing worse than having an injustice brought upon you and having no recourse as it is the powers that be committing it. I saw the movie Changeling once and I felt a murderous rage build up in me with all of the abuse of power (so many people I just wanted to put a bullet through in that movie).

Also, I don't see what you are talking about anyways, so WTFKs?

I was just about to point out where that 9/11 thing happened, but it is not there. It was a little after the one minute mark (and the video now appears to be less than a minute). The screen first went blank and then it showed a building collapsing and something about "investigate 9/11" and took up half of the video's play-time. Maybe it was a youtube glitch or something, because it a pretty abrupt cut. Well, whatever it was, it is not there right now, so whatever.

edit: also, the video was stretched to fit the youtube box when I first watched it, and now the aspect ratio is fixed.

Edited by PokerPacker

I'm kind of split on that one.  He could have impounded the dude's car since it wasn't registered and cost the guy a few hundred bucks or the guy could have paid $30 for a fundraiser to help kids to college. 

While it's ****ty to pressure someone into that for a fundraiser, he also probably saved the guy a few hundred.

If it was me, I'd be more than happy and would appreciate the offer of getting out of it for $30.