Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

On 1/6/2021 at 7:58 PM, Heisenberg said:

Just another reminder to never tune into the Junkies again. 

I just looked on his twitter and he doesn't have that tweet liked.

So either that is fake, or someone chirped in his ear and told him to unlike it lol.

10 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I just looked on his twitter and he doesn't have that tweet liked.

So either that is fake, or someone chirped in his ear and told him to unlike it lol.

Yeah, I checked before I posted and it was definitely liked at the time. It's not really the most infuriating thing he's liked or said over the past 10 months but I thought it was a good reminder. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 2:36 PM, purbeast said:

Cowherd sucks. 

BMitch I like just for being a homer.

I just don't like Cowherd because of his damn squirrelly voice mainly.  But he also has terrible takes so there is that.

You can occupy a day on Twitter going back through Cowherr flip flopping on bad takes like no one would notice.  I was watching one yesterday where he mocked the Matt LaFleur hire in GB and now acts like he was all for it all along.

2 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

I'm not sure what they're doing over there. I already thought G&D had too long a time slot and now they are moving to the second most important time of the day. Congrats to them but I have trouble believing there weren't better local options.

The benefits of not having any real competition. That show is ****ing inane. Everytime I get in the car and they're on, they're talking about food, or some other pointless crap. I feel like Dean Yeager in Ghostbusters listening to their discussions: "your theories are the worst of kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable."

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

After a few months Mitchell is the lone survivor so far? I'm not a Galdi guy, but hate to see people lose their gig.

Galdi had a Saturday morning show prior to his weekday morning drive slot.  It focused on the Nats and Orioles.  It was great radio, something that was missing from sports radio.

• Like 1

Galdi being out leaves nothing left worth listening to on DC sports radio as far as I'm concerned. I thought them retaining him through the recent shakeups was a sign of at least some intelligence above,, but alas, it doesn't exist.  
I'm going to miss him. 

~Bang

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Today sucks. I really want to know what the back story is on Galdi leaving because this sucks. My whole work day is built around listening to his show. 

Probably on the road to simulcast 1067 programming on 980, unfortunately. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

What the ****?  I was wondering why he wasn't on this morning when I went to the gym.  I figured it was because he was on vacation or something.

1067 would be STUPID AS **** to not pick him up and let him cover the mid-day show, or replace Grant and Danny in the afternoon.  

Pete is doing a good job from 10-2 but Galdi is on another level by himself.

3 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

WTF is a "pharmaceutical opinion"

😂😂

LOL thanks for the laughs.

This was my favorite gem.

Dude is completely off the deep end.

• Haha 1

It has been interesting learning over the past year that Eric Bickel simply can't comprehend the difference between fact vs. opinion and that people calling him stupid or deciding he's not worth listening to isn't some sort of infringement on his right to express an opinion.

This guy has been quoting any random Twitter user to try to prove his point and been wrong about almost everything since this entire thing started. His outright refusal to admit that COVID didn't slow down completely over the summer and that hydroxychloroquine was a complete scam is infuriating. I always thought he was a guy who was fine admitting he was just a random idiot that was able to be entertaining on the radio. Instead, he has somehow determined over the past year he is more knowledgeable than actual doctors and scientists.

SMH

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

It has been interesting learning over the past year that Eric Bickel simply can't comprehend the difference between fact vs. opinion and that people calling him stupid or deciding he's not worth listening to isn't some sort of infringement on his right to express an opinion.

This guy has been quoting any random Twitter user to try to prove his point and been wrong about almost everything since this entire thing started. His outright refusal to admit that COVID didn't slow down completely over the summer and that hydroxychloroquine was a complete scam is infuriating. I always thought he was a guy who was fine admitting he was just a random idiot that was able to be entertaining on the radio. Instead, he has somehow determined over the past year he is more knowledgeable than actual doctors and scientists.

SMH

I'm Interested to hear his thoughts on the Capitol siege. That ought to be enough to get him ****canned

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm Interested to hear his thoughts on the Capitol siege. That ought to be enough to get him ****canned

I'd rather they just have a guest on he can try to discuss that **** with that will just humiliate him and make him look like a moron. Bill Burr kind of did that to Joe Rogan early on in the pandemic pointing out how absurd it would be to listen to Rogan over some people with actual education and qualifications.

I will say that luckily I went through a similar thing when 980 got rid of Sheehan. Now I will have to go through my podcasts and just have to keep my rotations updated. Now I'm going through my podcasts to see what I'm going to do to get through that three hour period. I may wind up listening to NPR for a few hours or I'll play an audiobook. This is going to be difficult.