Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

JP just said he talked to a cardiologist and his recommendation was to get the vaccine 90 days out after he had his last negative covid test, and EB is like "you don't need it, you have the antibodies" and then JP continued talking about how he still has symptoms and is going to get it.

But yes, EB, a dumb ****ing sports jock, knows more than a cardiologist, about the medical field.

Can't stand the misinformation that fat **** is spewing on his platform.

I haven’t listened to that show in years.  But I can’t see how the other three can continue to work with him.  Guy’s mom just died, he’s still sick, and now he has to be told by this dick that he doesn’t need to listen to his cardiologist?

Edited by Ball Security
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

EB just about 2 hours ago when talking about the Alex Smith story said he did "his best" to read it. Intimating that he couldn't read it all. 

So I'm supposed to take health advice from a sport radio host that doesn't have the mental acuity to read a sports piece about his favorite team that his own show is focused on. Lol OK champ. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Llevron said:

EB just about 2 hours ago when talking about the Alex Smith story said he did "his best" to read it. Intimating that he couldn't read it all. 

So I'm supposed to take health advice from a sport radio host that doesn't have the mental acuity to read a sports piece about his favorite team that his own show is focused on. Lol OK champ. 

I hopped in the car mid-interview with the guy who wrote the Smith piece in SI, and the guy who wrote it was like...

SI: In paragraph 5 where we talk about him not having a calf...

EB: Wait, what?  Can you give more detail about that?  I wasn't aware of this.

SI: They moved what was remaining of his calf on the back to the leg to the front of the leg, so his calf is on the front of his leg and he has nothing on the back.

EB: Wow so that is why his leg looks all clumpy.

SI: Yep, this is all in paragraph 4 of the article.

At that point I was like "this dude can't even read the article the guy he's interviewing wrote, about a subject he has a lot of interest in." 

He is such a lazy ****.  You can tell by how he always whines about everyone being in shape and how anyone that is in shape is on roids, etc.  He by far looks the oldest of the Junkies because he doesn't take care of himself at all.  Lazy ****.

• Haha 4

• 2 months later...
On 4/23/2021 at 9:23 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I wish JP would take it a step further and tell him that he's going to listen to a doctor over a guy waist high in twitter propaganda.

I decided to check EBs Twitter “likes” again today. Full blown COVIDIOT trash and election “fraud” posts. ****ing yikes. 

8 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I decided to check EBs Twitter “likes” again today. Full blown COVIDIOT trash and election “fraud” posts. ****ing yikes. 

They had his brother call in yesterday for a few minutes and his brother was even talking about how far off the deep end EB is lol. 

His own ****ing brother.

• Sad 2

I'm not sad I stopped listening to that show now. Honestly 106.7 is still a no go for me. And its sad because JP and BMitch are sandwiched between two shows I won't listen to. I subscribe to their podcasts though. 

Its weird because before 980 let go of Galdi et al, my day was to listen to 980 from 6 AM to 3PM. Now its, listen to Galdi's podcast, and audio books all day. I may tune into Travis Thomas if there's breaking news or if I'm tired of a book, but its like a complete switch. I wonder if I will keep it up when the football season starts back, but I was wondering if I would listen more when the NBA or MLB started back up and I wasn't even tempted. I'm interested in fan opinions on the new Wizards coach and training camp, but I can get that here and from reading the comments on reddit / sbnation / twitter . I really don't need their shows.

And its sad because I wanted for years for the stations to hire more minority radio hosts who didn't play professional sports, and that's exactly what they did here so I want to listen to it, but they did so at the cost of the best guy on radio, and kept the junkies? Grant and Danny? Heck Chris Russell still has a job but Galdi doesn't? That doesn't sit well with me. So I just say let that station rot. 

I am not a huge fan of JP and BMitch.  I don't listen to them for long periods of time but I catch them when I'm in the car on the way home from the gym.  90% of the time they are just BS'ing about their life and not even talking sports.  And this is like in the middle of big events going on, like the NBA finals.  It could be that the time I'm in the car is just what the time slot is for but they are always doing it.  And I'm tired of heaving BMitch say "let me tell you something" 50 times in 15 minutes.

I like both of them a lot, but I just don't like the dynamic they have on air together.  I rather listen to 980 than them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I am not a huge fan of JP and BMitch.  I don't listen to them for long periods of time but I catch them when I'm in the car on the way home from the gym.  90% of the time they are just BS'ing about their life and not even talking sports.  And this is like in the middle of big events going on, like the NBA finals.  It could be that the time I'm in the car is just what the time slot is for but they are always doing it.  And I'm tired of heaving BMitch say "let me tell you something" 50 times in 15 minutes.

I like both of them a lot, but I just don't like the dynamic they have on air together.  I rather listen to 980 than them.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the show but sometimes its useful to listen to them, particularly since I know how BMitch will basically talk and I know that JP is an informed reporter with a lot of accesses (like his interview with Wright). But this is a show I'm more likely to listen to on podcast instead of live because I can see beforehand what each segment is about and can listen at 2x speed to just zoom through it. 

• 1 month later...

I mourn this slow painful death of DC Sportstalk. Ran out to pick up dinner and heard 106.7 doing some bit where they eat something and talk about a position group of the Burgundy & Gold. So, the mouth full and chewing really brought home their talk about Left Guard. 

and they said this is part of a series they've been doing with listeners making suggestions on what to eat? I get that they've set up 980 to be the JV to their lineup but man. There isn't a single local show between those two stations worth listening to? You'd think we were a 1 Pro-Sports team town. 

I wonder if Czabe's political/covid takes are what got him canned from a normal show.  That **** was getting annoying.  I barely listened to him but when I did he was ALWAYS talking about that crap.  

And yes, Sheehan still has a show in the AM on 980, 6-9am.

• 1 month later...

I’ve tried listening to the show. Whenever I turn it on, they’re talking about some random crap. I can’t believe that I’m listening to these guys talk about doing laundry and Tom Cruise going to baseball games.

Every time I turn on the show they’re rarely ever talking about Washington DC sports.

Is it just the time of day that I watch this show or listen to them on the radio?

Edited by ClaytoAli

• ClaytoAli changed the title to Any Sports Show Besides The Junkies?
1 hour ago, ClaytoAli said:

I’ve tried listening to the show. Whenever I turn it on, they’re talking about some random crap. I can’t believe that I’m listening to these guys talk about doing laundry and Tom Cruise going to baseball games.

Every time I turn on the show they’re rarely ever talking about Washington DC sports.

Is it just the time of day that I watch this show or listen to them on the radio?

They have sports segments, but they use all the extra stuff as filler. I got to listen to them talk about Tom Cruise and Dirty Eagles fans my whole ride in this morning knowing that they would have Ron Riviera on as soon as I parked. So timing is part of it. The other part of it is that they dont really have to talk about sports anymore and they seem to know it. 

I too need other stations in the area talking about sports in the morning if any of you have them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Is Sheehan not on any longer?  I thought he had the 7am slot on 980.  I haven't listened to him in a long time as I no longer drive to work, but pre-rona days, he was regularly talking WFT and local sports in general.

Yeah, he's still doing his boring show. 

I will listen to podcasts..  hell, i'll listen to a hippopotamus with diarrhea before listening to the Junkies. The last time I listened they had a segment discussing whether or not they banged their wives over the weekend. Just awful.

I like Al Galdi, John Keim, and of course, the podcast I'm on; The Bleeding Burgundy podcast. We are just fans talking about it all, and we like to have fun. For anyone who remembers my old Bang Cartoons, i'm doing similar things (mostly audio only) for this show. 
Here's a taste. (edit,, a little F word in there.)

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I rarely listen to sports talk anymore, but was in the car at 6 am Monday morning and wanted to hear the Junkies take on the game, which is at least entertaining. For a second I switched over to 980 to attempt to hear what Sheehan was saying and all I got was mainly static. 980s signal is so poor and borderline unlistenable depending on your DMV location and time of day.

Tony Kornheiser is the only sports show I can listen to. It’s basically about sports but not in hot-take ways. And it’s a very specific board of sports. Outside of Wilbon he has great guests, and when he travels outside of sports I find it funny or interesting. A lot of old-man stuff which always makes me laugh. 

I gave up on more traditional sports shows years ago. Just got bored of it. It’s very repetitive and these days I don’t have time to follow much of anything outside of watching the games. So, the idea of spending Monday through Friday listening to the music same useless debates is so boring. Rather just watch the games. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I rarely listen to sports talk anymore, but was in the car at 6 am Monday morning and wanted to hear the Junkies take on the game, which is at least entertaining. For a second I switched over to 980 to attempt to hear what Sheehan was saying and all I got was mainly static. 980s signal is so poor and borderline unlistenable depending on your DMV location and time of day.

Same. Which is why im stuck with the Junkies 

3 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Yeah, he's still doing his boring show. 

I like Sheehan a lot. I love the junkies for what they bring too. I usually put the Junks on tv while getting ready for work and then put Kevin on in the car on my way in. Sometimes I finish out the Junkies show at night on the NBCSW replay.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I've grown to like Travis Thomas on 980 from 9-12.

I didn't like him on tv but LOVE his radio show. He and his producer crack me up.

• Like 1