Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

So to sum up, on the eve of the season, the Junkies always wrong source tells us the coach wanted to cut the team MVP and keep Samaje Perine and Byron Marshall over him, after the team had signed him to an extension and after the one series he was allowed to play in preseason which showed he hadn't missed a step.

Coaches usually bubble wrap players when they want to cut them right?

Make up a better story. Something believable. they wanted to cut Moses, or Reid... something that makes sense. 

~Bang

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2019 at 12:45 PM, Bang said:

OooOoo a Junkies source!

those always are accurate and whatnot.

Was this before he signed his extension in March?

The week the season is going to begin, and they do their level best to be negative and create idiot's drama.

~Bang

On 9/3/2019 at 10:17 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Like always, they are ready to (rightly) jump on this team for the wrongest and dumbest reasons imaginable.

Cutting Peterson would be akin to a harakiri, especially for a lame duck coach, being forced to then rely on a second year novice coming off injury, and Glass Thompson.

These dudes are stupid as ****

Sure seems more likely the junkies source was on to something here...

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, purbeast said:

I really wished I heard BMitch go in on the Redskins.  I was looking forward to hearing him but couldn't listen due to meetings.

Eh, the way the BMitch and Doc attack the team and players is in a way to sound angry but they'd never cross that line and demand wholesale changes to people in the front office or coaching staff. Maybe Bryan did this time about Jay. But even with Snyder not owning 980 anymore, I feel like they are conditioned to not say "Look, it's not working. Bruce needs to go, and Snyder needs to hand the franchise over to a Team President who professionals trust and will work for....."

4 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Someone called the Junks and said his wife stabbed him because he was watching too much Nats 😂

“Are you more upset about the nats or the end of your marriage?”

”I’m more upset about Jay Gruden”

😂

Re: Kornheiser 

He didn’t end his show he’s been doing a podcast and it’s been great. 

Edited by tshile
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I miss Tony but his show isn't really a pure sports show. I'm fine with it but on a sports radio station it turned off a lot of people when he'd talk about what TV show he was watching or the local weather.

As someone who loved reading his columns, I hated TK on the radio. It was awful tough to listen to. I know he has followers and maybe this will be good for ratings to appeal to them. But he isn't going to bring in new listeners. 

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I miss Tony but his show isn't really a pure sports show. I'm fine with it but on a sports radio station it turned off a lot of people when he'd talk about what TV show he was watching or the local weather.

They don't even bring up the Redskins until the second to last segment, on the nights after they play

That's bad :(

Edited by ixcuincle

Wednesday i'm listening to doc and Galdi and they are laughing,, LAUGHINg at Tony Wylie.. saying'he can't, this TEAM can't control the ridiculous drama that gets discussed in this town day in and day out"

And i'm thinking.. YOU can.

YOU CAN.

You can talk about something football related, you don't have to perpetuate the idiocy that has turned this fanbase into a bunch of reactionary know-nothing drama queens.

They CAN.

But they don't.

They blame the team. 

Tired of it. It's week ****ing ONE. WEEK ONE.

Tell me any reason why I as a Redskins fan who wants to see football should listen to ANY of them?

Don't teoll me it is to hear "truth" because i don't. 
Gladi USED to be respectable..  this show? he's a clown listening to a clown ramble on,, not even correcting callers who call up with OBVIOUSLY incorrect info or ridiculous conspiracies "Im convinced benchin' AP came from up above," said one guy on Wednesday, and do you think either of them challenged him on it?
Nope.. let the idiocy perpetuate, do no try to get in the way of ridiculous theories with anything resembling fact.

I've said it before, i will say it forever til i see different. The media in this town is toxic when it comes to this team. They want everyone to hate this team, they want anger, discord, they want disruption, they do very little by way of accenting any positives, of which there were plenty on Sunday.

The truth o how the game was lost is drowned in all the ridiculous "personal" bull**** people turn a one week de-activation into.

And they do nothing to educate this dying fan base at all. In fact they do the opposite.

It is pathetic. And it isn't because of Dan, it isn't because of Bruce or Tony Wylie.

People take no responsibility for anything anymore.  And listening to those two cackle that the Redskins can't control what THEY Ultimately CAN control was disgusting to someone who remembers that this town USED to be smart about football. And yes, the team is bad, the owner is bad, and now the fans are as a group incredibly dumb regarding the game and more interested in contrived soap operas.
It sounds like daytime screaming-hens TV half the time.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bang said:

And i'm thinking.. YOU can.

YOU CAN.

You can talk about something football related, you don't have to perpetuate the idiocy that has turned this fanbase into a bunch of reactionary know-nothing drama queens.

They CAN.

But they don't.

They blame the team. 

Tired of it. It's week ****ing ONE. WEEK ONE.

Tell me any reason why I as a Redskins fan who wants to see football should listen to ANY of them?

Don't teoll me it is to hear "truth" because i don't. 
Gladi USED to be respectable..  this show? he's a clown listening to a clown ramble on,, not even correcting callers who call up with OBVIOUSLY incorrect info or ridiculous conspiracies "Im convinced benchin' AP came from up above," said one guy on Wednesday, and do you think either of them challenged him on it?
Nope.. let the idiocy perpetuate, do no try to get in the way of ridiculous theories with anything resembling fact.

Controversy and negativity sell. Look at ALL of the coverage in this city--and others. Nationals are killing it, sweeping the Cubs in Chicago? THREE different articles about fans and attendance being down. The Caps 2018 didn't have any momentum until they beat Pittsburgh--before then, it was all "They'll blow it."

Hell, the teams that get the most coverage are the two Clown Show organizations.

No one wants to be smart and rational. They want to be arrogant, condescending, panic monkeys.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

OMG Grant is doing some ear splitting yelling about Joshua Norman since he ****ed about the media. 

My poor ears hate me right now :(

Of course he is! There is no one more thin-skinned than that douchebag. Seriously, does anyone actually like Paulsen? Everytime I bring him up taking to fellow Nats/Skins/Caps fans, they all roll their eyes and say how much they can't stand him.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Of course he is! There is no one more thin-skinned than that douchebag. Seriously, does anyone actually like Paulsen? Everytime I bring him up taking to fellow Nats/Skins/Caps fans, they all roll their eyes and say how much they can't stand him.

I thought Paulsen was a good to very good beat reporter. I have no idea why someone thought that meant he deserved his own show.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I thought Paulsen was a good to very good beat reporter. I have no idea why someone thought that meant he deserved his own show.

He started out pretty decent, I thought. Then it all went to his head--all the jock sniffing--because he's on the radio, he believes he is an expert and cannot be wrong. He actually sent out a tweet that said he knows more about the Nats than 99% of fans. What a condescending ass.

• Thanks 1